Military Brides

"Bridal Shower" help!!

Hi, I'm having a small belated wedding celebration with close friends and family in June. Hubby is in the Navy and we've been legally married for almost two years (we got married a week and a half after the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown in Japan, and there were no vows, nothing. Just a "sign here, and here, now you're married!" at the local Japanese city hall). We're now in Washington state with our ceremony/reception being in Seattle so most of the guests will be from out-of-town. My MOH (who actually lives in the same area as me) wantes to throw me a shower of sorts in May and since I don't know many people here in WA, I wanted to invite the wives/girlfriends of the wardroom of my husband's current command, but they're not invited to the wedding, due to space and budget restraints. Should I just have a luncheon instead of a "shower" with a please no gift memo? Help!!

Re: "Bridal Shower" help!!

• Your best bet would be to just have a "Girls Night Out". By already being married (vows or no vows), it is too late for any type of true bridal shower. Plus, it would be pretty rude to invite them to a "bridal shower"...even with no gifts, if they are not invited to your vow renewal/reception. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_bridal-shower-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7e920c9e-f6fb-4bab-996a-3a86ecd10d7bPost:e3675027-33ab-4151-b13a-974046f2b4ae">Re: "Bridal Shower" help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your best bet would be to just have a "Girls Night Out". By already being married (vows or no vows), it is too late for any type of true bridal shower. Plus, it would be pretty rude to invite them to a "bridal shower"...even with no gifts, if they are not invited to your vow renewal/reception. 
    Posted by manjermj[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.  </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards