Wedding Reception Forum

Do we need charger plates?

What are the pros and cons of having charger plates?  I'd love to have them because we're having a full sit down plated dinner.  The tables will just have silverware & glasses before the food gets served, but I"m wondering if they're really needed??

Re: Do we need charger plates?

• No. They're completely optional and only serve the purpose of being decor. Most people skip them and no one misses them. Save your money for something guests will actually notice and appreciate such as food/drink/entertainment or put it toward your photography.
  • To answer the title of your post.  No.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • No, they're not necessary. I had them because I think they're really pretty, but their only function is decor.
  • No they're not needed, they don't serve any functional purpose. We had them because our hall provided them but thinking back to other weddings I've been to I have no idea of they had chargers or not.
  • No. They're very formal and nice looking, but if they're not in your budget, then no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards