Connecticut

Married CT Ladies - Or anyone that might know

I finally got to the Social Security office this morning to change my name.  It took only 2 minutes, I was super surprised and kind of sad that's all it took...30 years as one name and two minutes later...gone.  Anyway totally sidtracked there...next on the list is the DMV. 

Ummm...this is going to sound ridic, but do they take another picture when you get a new license? 

If they do I just want to make sure I'm having a good hair day.  I know ridiculous forgive me.

Re: Married CT Ladies - Or anyone that might know

• Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

They took a new picture when I got my new license when i changed my name.

TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They do take a new picture. (and thank goodness my previous picture was 6 years old)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! 

Alise: You're looking pretty bad*ss in your siggy pic!  Congrats on all your runs.
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_married-ct-ladies-anyone-might?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:202b8fc7-ee56-4a8c-9c9c-9009500a9470Post:47fa59c0-7363-499a-80ad-5fa23b5bb550">Re: Married CT Ladies - Or anyone that might know</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you!  Alise: You're looking pretty bad*ss in your siggy pic!  Congrats on all your runs.
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]

haha thanks! I saw the camera at the end of the aisle and I thought, "let's make this one awesome!" haha
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_married-ct-ladies-anyone-might?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:202b8fc7-ee56-4a8c-9c9c-9009500a9470Post:fda5b627-885b-41b6-af0e-c04912693d3f">Married CT Ladies - Or anyone that might know</a>:
    [QUOTE]I finally got to the Social Security office this morning to change my name.  It took only 2 minutes, I was super surprised and kind of sad that's all it took...30 years as one name and two minutes later...gone.  Anyway totally sidtracked there...next on the list is the DMV.  Ummm...this is going to sound ridic, but do they take another picture when you get a new license?  If they do I just want to make sure I'm having a good hair day.  I know ridiculous forgive me.
    Posted by megbrooks2011[/QUOTE]

Great question! I am waiting for my marriage license to come in the mail so I can head to the SS office! Hope it comes soon!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they do take a new picture (which I hoped they wouldn't because I didn't put on makeup or fix my hair beforehand and went after work on a day that it was raining...I liked my old picture better, it was only 2 years old since I'd just renewed my license)...

*sigh* oh well...
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I too was super sad at the lack of fanfare to say goodbye to my old name at the SS office. She just backspaced me, and that was that.

As for the DMV, they do take a new picture, and give you a new license. The thing I was surprised at is that they don't charge you for a new license. Your original expiration stays the same. Mine still expires in 2013, so I'll have to pay for a new one at that time. I kind of wished they wouldn't take a new picture and give me a new license. I had the old license with the sound and lighthouse in the background, and I liked my picture. Now I have a crappy picture with the weird pink stripe, lol. Oh well, I'll get a new one in 2 years!

Also, if you bring your car registration to the DMV with you, they'll change your name on it for free. If you forget it like I did and bring it back another day, they charge you $20. Good luck!
  • klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They just changed the fees in CT and charge you for a new license now. I didn't know they had to take a new pic and I look like crap in mine. I had just renewed my license in October too and was so happy with that one.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, they just applied a fee! Boo! I also have to go back to change the registration. I was actually pretty happy I got a new picture... I had just gotten my hair cut right before

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw that starting July 1st they charge $30 for the new license.  I seem to miss all the cut off dates.  License and they charge more now for a new passport.  Lame.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards