Catholic Weddings
Options

SoftCups

2»

Re: SoftCups

• Options
    Yeah, once it's in there it's pretty difficult to remove. I almost started to panic when I first started using it because I had such a hard time getting it out. The rim is made of a silicon covered metal wire, unlike the contraceptive ring which is just some sort of plastic.
    Also, you don't just wear it so you can have 'mess free sex,' you wear it for the same reason you would wear a tampon, except once it's in you can't feel it at ALL. Plus it doesn't have the risk of toxic shock syndrome that tampons have
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I would be terrified of it getting stuck. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_softcups?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ad87de2b-67eb-44ea-8129-27848afdbac2Post:15953d52-655f-4094-bdc4-ef86de01682d">Re: SoftCups</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, once it's in there it's pretty difficult to remove. I almost started to panic when I first started using it because I had such a hard time getting it out. The rim is made of a silicon covered metal wire, unlike the contraceptive ring which is just some sort of plastic. Also, you don't just wear it so you can have 'mess free sex,' you wear it for the same reason you would wear a tampon, except once it's in you can't feel it at ALL. Plus it doesn't have the risk of toxic shock syndrome that tampons have
    Posted by MedStudent13[/QUOTE]

No, that's not what I meant.  There's nothing wrong with wearing the cup (I haven't used that one in particular, but I can see why it would have benefits).  But it *could* (haven't positively established that yet) become contraceptive during the sexual act.  Just like condoms... a guy could wear a condom around for some reason without any moral consequence.  But when he has sex with it, the nature of the act has now changed.  Same with this (again, MAYBE... we're still not sure that it has substantial contraceptive abilities).  I'm just not sure that wanting to control your menstrual flow during the sexual act would be enough of a reason to justify a contraceptive-like device, if it is in fact contraceptive.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I totally get what you're saying, Monkey.  Even with a more serious reason than avoiding mess, this can be a tricky situation.  For instance, if a husband has AIDs, he cannot wear a condom during intercourse.  Even though the intention is NOT contraceptive (let's say they also use NFP and would avoid fertile times), it's still a sin.  (This always confuses me and I don't always quite get it, so don't ask my to explain why lol!)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_softcups?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ad87de2b-67eb-44ea-8129-27848afdbac2Post:2c0df525-2e24-46b1-915e-4a395ed2fe36">Re: SoftCups</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally get what you're saying, Monkey.  Even with a more serious reason than avoiding mess, this can be a tricky situation.  For instance, if a husband has AIDs, he cannot wear a condom during intercourse.  Even though the intention is NOT contraceptive (let's say they also use NFP and would avoid fertile times), it's still a sin.  (This always confuses me and I don't always quite get it, so don't ask my to explain why lol!)
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

<div>I could be wrong, but I don't think in the case of a spouse contracting AIDS it would be a sin, but of course condoms only have 85% success rate in preventing spread of STDs so it would be recommended for the couple to abstain rather than take the risk of exposure. Again, back to the HBC example, it is still technically allowed if it is being used as a medication (yes, we know there are very few instances where it actually treats conditions)</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_softcups?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ad87de2b-67eb-44ea-8129-27848afdbac2Post:83569cdb-5d60-4d11-92d4-145b76359e70">Re: SoftCups</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SoftCups : I could be wrong, but I don't think in the case of a spouse contracting AIDS it would be a sin, but of course condoms only have 85% success rate in preventing spread of STDs so it would be recommended for the couple to abstain rather than take the risk of exposure. Again, back to the HBC example, it is still technically allowed if it is being used as a medication (yes, we know there are very few instances where it actually treats conditions)
    Posted by MedStudent13[/QUOTE]

<div>No, condoms can not be used. The loving thing to do is abstain. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards