Oregon
Options

recommended portland dress alterations

I think I have decided on a dress at Bridal exclusives in clackamas and will need to get some alterations done pretty quickly after it arrives...they reccomend using their alterations place Finishing Touch but i just read some pretty bad reviews on that place so Im wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences there or if anyone can recommend another place for alterations in portland?? thanks!

Re: recommended portland dress alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathi Agen is by far the best in town.

www.bridal101.com
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used their alterations place and it was fine, but looking back my only regret about our wedding is not using Kathi Agen.  While Finishing Touch did an ok job - the dress fit, it looked fine - I know Kathi would have made it fabulous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_recommended-portland-dress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:29234f12-124b-49c0-b0f7-b3e3d9568540Post:68947a66-1d65-45ba-8a74-0ed0adeed8a1">Re: recommended portland dress alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathi Agen is by far the best in town. <a href="http://www.bridal101.com" rel='nofollow'>www.bridal101.com</a>
    Posted by mayflymanitou[/QUOTE]

Yep - Kathi - worth the money, my dress looked 1000 times better than what I started with after she was done with it.
  • Options
    Becca0517Becca0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Kathi right now, and she is amazing.

I went to her over Finishing Touches, mainly because of the lack of service I received when I went to pick up my dress, and because I was miffed that they guilted me into buying a dress that was TOO BIG! 

Kathi is doing an amazing job fixing the mess of a dress I received!

We'll end up hand in hand
    Somewhere down on the sand
    Just me and you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sounds like kathi it is!   I too am also concerned about how bridal exclusives insisted i get a dress that will probably be too big, seems like they try to guarantee work needing to be done at finishing touches....i will probably only have about 5-6 weeks to get my alterations done, does kathi work on that short of deadlines?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anna at Anna's Bridal in Lake Oswego is AMAZING. She did so much with my dress and always did exactly what I wanted and gave me great suggestions on what would be flattering for my body. I would absolutely recommend her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathi Agen has a new place in Clackamas off Hwy 212 now, too, so you don't have to go out to Gresham.
    You'll want to call her and get your appointments scheduled as soon as you know the arrival date for your dress.
  • Options
    Becca0517Becca0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathi also likes to do multiple fittings and she tries to work around your cycle, I'm sure she could work something out with you, but she is in high demand on such a tight timeline.  I'd call her pretty quickly to get your appointments!

We'll end up hand in hand
    Somewhere down on the sand
    Just me and you
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy Hayes out of Salem is AMAZING. Yes, she travels.  Not only is she doing my dress alterations, making me a custom bolero jacket and making me a custom garter, but we've also had her make drapes for our house. Her work is outstanding! If anyone needs her contact information PM me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards