Registry and Gift Forum

Home Improvement Registry

I have owned my house for 6 yrs & my fiancee is living with me now. We have plenty of household items and really are in no need of anymore. But there is a lot of home improvement we would like to do. We wanted to do a registry at the local Lowes, but they don't have one. Does anyone know of any home-improvement stores that have registries?

Re: Home Improvement Registry

• Do you need tools?  If so, you could look into doing a registry at Sears and registering for Craftsman tools.  I think Home Depot might have a registry, but I'm not sure.   Other than tools, I'm not really sure what you'd register for...unless it's like several boxes of wood flooring, several boxes of tile, etc.  If you do this, I'd just be careful that you pick something that won't be discontinued soon.
    DSC_9275
  • Certain home depot and lowes stores will let you do a registry in-store only, but it's only for that specific store, and guests have to go to that store to purchase for you.  I really think that they will soon realize what a goldmine they're missing out on by not having a centralized/online registry service.

In the meantime, I ditto PP's suggestion for sears or amazon for tools.  If you want lumber/paint/fixtures/etc I would just make a very very small registry and use cash you receive toward those items.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Home Depot has a registry, but items can only but purchased at the actual store where you set up the registry, which could be inconvenient if you have a lot of out of town guests.
  • Put it on your wedding website? We are saving for new flooring in our house, if your wishing to give us a gift we would love a lowes gift certificate.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_home-improvement-registry-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:7c6331ed-5d10-44c3-a14f-6b5d78a22177Post:33be75de-6892-4d83-acd1-a8aa693e1c91">Re: Home Improvement Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Put it on your wedding website? We are saving for new flooring in our house, if your wishing to give us a gift we would love a lowes gift certificate.
    Posted by theelusive1[/QUOTE]

<div>Please don't do this.  You can use word of mouth if you want to.  For example, if someone asks you where you are registered, you can say "We have a small registry at Sears, and are saving up for major home improvements."   Or your mom, friends, or whoever can answer if asked.</div><div>
    </div><div>PLEASE do not mention gift cards on your wedding website.</div>
    DSC_9275
  • I believe home depot has a registry, and sears would be a great place as well if they do.

Putting a statement on your wedding website is definitely not okay etiquette wise, and I don't recommend doing something like this.

You could always register for a few upgrades of things you have, but you might want of nicer. Then you can expect to most likely receive the rest of your gifts as cash/checks.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards