June 2012 Weddings
Options

Tell us...

2»

Re: Tell us...

• Options
    Jachelle, what kind of gymnastics do you partake in?
  • Options

* How you and your FI met
    We worked together.  We actually sat r4ight next to eachother.

* What was your favorite date?
    The day after he proposed.  We went dog sledding... It was a great experience together (getting engaged was pretty legit, as well!)

* What are some of your hobbies?
    Working out, bird watching, internet stalking (haha) reading, doing makeup, etc.

*Do you want children? How many? Names?  
    No more than two.  Henri Lee, Sebastian Xavier, Carter Jesse
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cwill6212cwill6212 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    How We Met:
    Online via match.com (the ever generic "I liked your profile" pickup line actually works!)
    Favorite Date:
    After almost 5 years together, it's hard to pick one. I feel blessed that we still "date" and are planning to continue post-marriage. Our first date will always be special to me... we met up to see a movie which turned into dinner which turned into a drink which turned into a makeout session... Good memories! :)
    Hobbies:
    Singing, traveling, cooking, taking pictures 
    Kids:
    At least 2, possible 3. Girl names - Victoria Leigh, Kenzie Savannah (this one was recently changed from Olivia MacKenzie because of SO many acquaintances having baby Olivia's that did not survive infancy); Boy names - Damon Vincent, Christian Grove 
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    We met in physics class at college.  We would always get lunch together after class, and he just kinda grew on me!
    First day together at Walt Disney World!  Best memories ever.
    We love to watch sports together, and he still plays soccer.  I used to dance and do floor gymnastics.  Work takes up a ton of my time these days.
    Two, no clue on names though.  We're waiting another 2 years or so, we're not ready yet.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    We met through mutual friends at Wild Wing Cafe (which is now closed:( ) and at the time, I was dating someone but he was not.  Even so, I caught his eye every now and then.

We went to the beach for our second date because he had a craving for oysters and he wanted to take us to watch the sunset.  It was POURING en route so he attempted to turn around to go back home, where it was raining even harder.  Once again, he turned around to head toward the beach and it finally cleared up for us.  I just loved the fact that he still tried despite the horrible weather.

He loves to golf, like LOVES to golf.  I'm hoping to take lessons so I can go with him more.  We enjoy working out together and I also love to dance.

Yes but not for at least 2 years after we're married.  The magic number is 2 kids but depending on if they are the same sex, we may try for a third.  I want to name the first boy James Charles (FI is James III and my father's name is Charles) and if we have another boy, I'd like to name him Gabriel Robert.  I want to name the first girl Molly Ann and if we have another, I want to name her Brielle Margaret. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We both worked at the Menards distribution center. I called dibs on him the first day he transfered to my building. We were pretty much inseperable from the get-go.

Our first official date was to Stella Blues, a cajun restaurant in town. I remember odering a few too many drinks but having a blast with him.

Scrapbooking, reading, watching movies, golfing, yardwork, shopping, crafting, video games, etc.

Yes! 2, maybe 3. Kylee DeEtte (my middle name has been in the family for 5 generations, AND, FI's name is Kyle), Benjamin or Carter Ray.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We met through mutual friends when I was a senior in high school but didn't start dating until my senior year of college.

Camping trip where I was officially initiated into the camping group. 

Baking, remodeling our house.

Yes - probably 3. We like Alexis and Lauren for girls and Logan or Luke for boys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited so far!
    image 173 Are ready to party!
    image 94 Will be missing out!
    image 17 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited May 2012

* How you and your FI metMy sorority was partnered with his fraternity for homecoming in the Fall of 2007.

Probably our first real date. We went to a delicious restaurant and spent 3 hours there just talking and having an amazing time. We went to a movie afterwards and it cracks us both up that we can never remember what the movie was.

Weddings (hehe), working out, cooking, my newly found interest in jamming, tennis, tailgating/football, and hopefully soon to add entertaining as a mrs.  :)

We want at least 2, but if we have 3, we're having 4.

Boy:
    Charles Maximillian
    Andrew Blount

Girl:
    Olivia Warren
  • Options
    * How you and your FI met:One of my friends was dating his roommate.
    * What was your favorite date?:
    When we were on a cruise to the bahamas a few years age, we spent a day on the cruise line's private island it was so much fun, probably the best day I have ever had.
    * What are some of your hobbies?I love to cook, and I love reading. I also have a sewing machine and I am trying to start using it more often.
    We want two children, but we have not yet found any names that we both like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We met detasseling during the summer while we were both in high school

Our one year anniversary. He planned the whole day and everything we did was a reason why he loved me. The final thing was "because I see a future with you" and he gave me a promise ring. I also loved the day he proposed

I love scrapbooking and love shooting with FI

2: Melinda Rose and Matthew Brody
  • Options
    FI's cousin was a friend of mine in college.  When he finally cut his long hair she figured he was over his ex and called me and wanted me to meet him.  I figured why not since I had such bad luck with guys.  He wasn't my type and I didn't even like him for the first month we were dating him.  Turns out he really is my type and I didn't know it :)
    Can I say our 9 day cruise?  We went ziplining, on underwater scooters, and spent a day on a catamaran and had lots of "fun" when we were in the room.  It was also the turning point because when we got home he wanted to start looking at houses when he had no interest in it before we went on vacation.  He wouldn't have bought a house for just him so I knew that I would move in with him.
    kickboxing, bartending, relaxing, jetskiing, going to the beach
    2 - Rylee Marie or Rylee Elyse (something along those lines...my grandmother's name was Elsie and we lost her to ALS but I don't like that name)
    And for a boy:  Evan or Ethan James (James is my dad's name)
  • Options
    Officially, high school anatomy class.  We met before that in the science club but didn't really talk or anything before class.

The one where we spent the evening eating dinner on the beach, walking downtown to get ice cream, and then waiting on the beach just talking and me sitting in his arms for the sun to set. 

Camping, hiking, rock climbing, scuba diving, and slack lining.

We want 2 kids.  We don't have names picked out yet but I really like McKenna or Olivia for girls.
  • Options
     How you and your FI met
    Fi and I met while working at a store in  a mall.  On his first day, I think the first thing I said to him besides hi was, "yes a guy, now we can take out the trash" ( the store we worked at had a policy that women could not take the trash out alone.
    When we went to Noah's Ark. He was very nice about taking me on all the rides, plus we got in for free!

Knitting, cooking, baking, taking care of my puppy, and reading

Yes, we would like 4. 
    1st boy- Jeffrey Orin the 3rd
    2nd boy-  we are still decided on the first or middle name, but we know we want Peter in there somewhere
    1st girl- Angela Paulette
    2nd girl- Bernadette and FI needs to pick the middle name.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Bit late to this post....

Travelling through Europe.  We were on a 47 day tour together.

We've had lots of fun dates so I can't pick just one....I especially love the ones we've had while travelling.  For some reason, going out for dinner in an exotic locale is always more romantic :)

Reading, Travelling, hiking, skiing.

Two....haven't picked names yet.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    * How you and your FI metWe originally met through a mutual friend, but I contacted him to plan a birthday party for my best friend at his bar about 6 months later and he asked me out after the party.

* What was your favorite date?We had an amazing time in Las Vegas last year- we got comped rooms and had dinner at some great restaurants and just ran around town!
    * What are some of your hobbies?Traveling, entertaining, cooking, volunteering, yoga, working out, hanging with our dogs!

*Do you want children? How many? Names? I want at least one- not more than two.  Hopefully all girls!  Haven't thought of names yet- I think once you see them you know what to name them.
  • Options
    We met at work; I came in to train him because the first person called out sick. Unfortunately I was drinking pretty heavily the night before - he thought I had the flu and I only corrected him like a year ago.

* What was your favorite date?FI and I went to Dominic's way back a few years ago; he was being silly with the bread sticks because that is what he does. That's the first time I realized that I truly loved him - and I told him that day.

* What are some of your hobbies?Oh we travel alot; in one year we hit 5 states and about 25 cities. It's the reason we have a Jeep; that vehicle gets us to the adventures!

We do want children but we've been told it will be incredibly difficult to conceive so we've become ok with that. If we can we would like two - no matter the gender just healthy. If we have a boy - Kenneth Ryan and if we have a girl - Annabella, Sophia or Kharma.

Vacation White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards