August 2012 Weddings

First Dance Song

Okay, what are you guys doing for your first dance song, and what are some other options that you liked? Right now I'm like Beyonce Love on Top, and Michael Buble Everything. I'm also open to other suggestions.

Re: First Dance Song

• We're doing Lucky (Mraz and Caillat).  Our bridal party entrance song is that new Calvin Harris song.
    Anniversary
  • We are dancing to "This Years Love" by David Gray!! Our Bridal Party song is a song by Fort Minor (long story behind it) sooo we are super excited!! :)
    Anniversary
  • We are dancing to When God Made You by Newsong. :)
  • FI and I are still deciding between I cant fight this feeling (Reo speedwagon) and Because you loved me (Celine Dion) :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had a list of like 20 options and we got it down to "When you got a good thing" by Lady Antebellum. We've been together for 9.5 years so it just fits. <3

Another option I had was: like Red on a Rose by Alan Jackson.
    Anniversary
  • We're using Jason Mraz's I Won't Give Up.  Also liked Chicago's You're the Inspiration, and Blake Shelton's version of God Gave Me You.
  • Brad Paisley - Then

Brad's going to be in our city touring that day too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • Our First Dance song is "God Gave Me You"  
    Photobucket
  • Our first song is K-Ci and Jojo - all my life
    and our entrance song, the beginning part at least T.I. - Bring em out... can't wait!!

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• We are using I won't give up also!  I love that song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're dancing to You're Astounding by Joe and Barbara. Haven't considered a song to make an entrance to... we'll probably be announced over whatever dinnertime music is playing at the time.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Green River Ordinance "Dancing Shoes". We were having a really tough time agreeing but this came on my IPod and FI actually responded to it so I said DONE! :)
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we're doing “This Will Be Our Year” by The Zombies for our first dance with a close runner up being "Ben" by Michael Jackson and "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra.

Our entrance song is “Chambermaid Swing” by Parov Stelar and our cake cutting song is “Let’s Do It - Let’s Fall In Love”.
  • We're dancing to Passenger Seat by Stephen Speaks. Another good first dance song, also by Stephen Speaks, is Two Make One but we're using that for our unity candle ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"... Leona Lewis
  • In the Mood by Glenn Miller - yea swing!
  • edited July 2012
    We are dancing to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played by the band we've hired. It will be in a similar style to the Israel K. (Hawaiian) version. It was a tough decision, but in the end we decided that we wanted something classic.
  • We are doing "you and me" by dmb
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • frantastic12frantastic12 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_first-dance-song-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:5773cf2a-8ac0-4f48-8eba-63fad14aa28bPost:69f68f0a-89ae-4583-a3a5-607a684df7ca">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing "you and me" by dmb
    Posted by maggiebeth29[/QUOTE]

We are too :)

Our entrance song is Party Rock by LMFAO.

ETA: Other first dance songs we considered: Wonderful Tonight by Clapton (it'll be our last slow song at the end of the reception), Adele's version of To Make You Feel My Love, The Luckiest by Ben Folds, and I'll Back You Up by DMB. 
  • I'm having so much fun with this thread and looking up all the songs on Spotify. Thanks for your help! Keep 'em coming!
  • We're dancing to Bless the Broken Road by the Rascall Flatts.  We're entering the reception to Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows.  Our bridal party is entering the reception to Raise Your Glass by Pink.
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're dancing to Uncle Kracker's Smile :)
  • Thank you for loving me by Bon Jovi
  • Our first dance is Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Other songs we like are Thank You by Led Zeppelin and Faithfully by Journey
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our first dance is Amazed by Lonestar :) Walking in to: You may be right, Billy Joel
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first dance as of right now is Marry Me by Train. Do you ladies think this is a good song? We have been looking for months. We liked turning pages sleeping at last but we decided it was to slow! 
  • Our first dance song is god bless the broken road. My fiancé dedicated this song to me when we first met, or like 2 months into our relationship. And it holds true for us because we have both "been there done that" you could say in our past :) Our intro song is "battle without honor or humanity" from kill bill, my all time favorite movie. Then later we are playing "danger zone" because his favorite movie is top gun. If you are looking for a dramatic entrance the kill bill song is awesome. YouTube it, you will see what I mean.
  • We have been back and forth with songs from day one.  it was originally going ot be edwain mccain i could not ask for more because that was always our song, but i wanted something different.  We ended up with michael bubles everything because it wasnt to slow or fast upbeat but also meaningful.  Our second choice was lady antebellum when you got a good thing and i also liked staind tangled, but it was a little to slow for our liking.
    202 Invitedimage 137 Ready to Party!!!image 65 don't know how to have fun! image RSVP Date August 4th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thompkipthompkip member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Our first dance song is "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards