Maine

How much $ on photography?

Just started planning and already having little arguments on budget! 

So, I was wondering how much you spent/plan on spending on photogrpahy and prints, if you don't mind sharing? I think my perpestive photographer is perfectly reasonalable, but other's  involved in the planning seem to think he's outragously expensive! I think they just don't realize how much wedding photography costs...

Photobucket

Re: How much $ on photography?

• edited December 2011
    Most I have seen range from $1,000 and up. we are on a tight Budget and I have found a fantastic Photographer for less than the average . it all depends on what your looking for and what your budget is. 
  • edited December 2011
    congrats on getting married by the way!
  • edited December 2011
    I am spending around $2,500, but we definitely could have hired a reasonable photographer for less. I have seen up to $3,000+.

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest

my read shelf:
    Esskem's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There's definitely someone for everyone's budget... Nick Anagonostis (look him up on fb) did our engagement photos and they were great and he was very reasonable and timely!
  • moonbee73moonbee73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try portrait new england, they are in Maine, great prices too
  • edited December 2011
    I love my photographer, check out Simply Mella.  She is my favorate vendor and her price is reasonable and she gives you all the rights for your images.  What it means is you can print pictures and make photo books yourself and so does your family and friends. 
  • jmconley08jmconley08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am spending $1500 and getting all my images on a high res photot CD that way I can just print them however I want and for much cheaper than through the photographer. We are getting married in southern Maine and our photog is John Loconte (from Northern MA). Good luck and congrats!
  • RECNMBRECNMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help. I'll look up some of those names. Any other suggestions are super helpful!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out the wedding showcase in York this weekend.
    I went to one a few weeks ago, there were numerous photographers there so I was able to get all their information at once.
    You can also see how they interact with you and what their style of photography is.
    Most will also give you a discount or free engagment shoot if you book at a wedding show!
    As for prices, they ranged from $1500 -$10000. 
    Good luck!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_much-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:bfb9309c-ab41-4eb1-9ad1-f18fb0285f1cPost:eb61fcdf-546f-4e0c-b295-4b07b11d5424">Re: How much $ on photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should check out the wedding showcase in York this weekend. I went to one a few weeks ago, there were numerous photographers there so I was able to get all their information at once. You can also see how they interact with you and what their style of photography is. Most will also give you a discount or free engagment shoot if you book at a wedding show! As for prices, they ranged from <strong>$1500 -$10000</strong>.  Good luck!
    Posted by annmarie2526[/QUOTE]

Is that a typo, or did you mean ten THOUSAND dollars???????

In Maine?  That's disgusting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There are a lot of really good photographers that are really small, aka just them and they do it as a side job.Those are where you are going to find the best deals. I have a name of one if you would like it, It is my cousin. She did my brothers wedding and did a beyond beautiful job and very, very reasonably priced. But I also work for a photographer part time, who is doing my wedding, and she is established with her own studio and does a few dozen weddings every year with other photographers working under her (multiple cameras= multiple angles =more pictures= less things missed). She is amazing but a bit more expensive than someone doing it as a side job but still reasopnably priced. PM me if you want either of the photographer's information.

As for how much to spend, It varies. I wouldn't suggest spending any more than $2000 because it is possible to find a good photographer for that price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Feel free to check out my Focus on you Photography page on facebook. :) I have resonable rates, include a photo package and only charge .40 cents per mile if I have to drive more than 20 miles. If you have any questions or would like to comment on any photos feel free to on my page :) Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon. Happy wedding planning!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Focus-On-You-Photography/196853363710708
  • Photography is probably one of the few things I'd advise springing for, but no need! Lexi Lan-Lowell of Walla Photography is amazing, and her rates are incredible!
    Check out our post explaining our experience with her and some pics from our engagement shoot with her! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards