Moms and Maids
Options

stumped on MOH

Although my wedding is still a bit far off, I have been thinking about who I would like to have as my MOH...and I am stumped. I cannot decide between my two cousins. They are both very special to me, and I would like to have them both involved. So I was thinking that I will have them both MOH and have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor. Is this acceptable?

Also, one of them lives on the other side of the country and comes home once a year, if that (due to financial troubles). I would love to be able to fly her and her family home for the wedding events, but I don't think I will be able to afford it. Should this be something I take into consideration before asking her, or let her decide if she can swing it? Perhaps ask and let her decide but explain up front that I will try to help financially as much as possible but I don't think I will be able to cover all costs..or does that come off as rude? I am not sure how to handle this situation.

Please help :)

Re: stumped on MOH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You have plenty of time, but having them as a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor is fine.  I am having Co-Matrons of Honor for my attendants - no way I could choose between them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's fine to have two MsOH.  However, if you are only going to have three BMs, then having two of them be MOH and only one be a BM, that seems strange to me.  Just have them all be BMs in that case.

It is up to your cousin if she thinks she will be able to afford the travel for the wedding.  If she doesn't think she will, then she can decline the offer.
  • Options
    vixeyvixey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two MOHs is fine.

Don't immediately assume she can't afford it, just offer her the opportunity to be MOH and she'll let you know if she thinks she can afford it or not.  I think if the time comes and she tells you she can't afford to come, you can then offer to help her.

I woudln't offer up front to pay for it, because you might not be in a financial position to do so later down the road.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      It's more then fine, my best friend has twin sisters so when she gets married she'll be having 3 MOH's. 

As far as offering to pay, I think I'd wait, untill its get closer, you dont know what you financial status will be later on, so i would just ask her and cross that bridge later if it comes to it. But thats just me.
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    mindyrendimindyrendi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.personalize.rendistyle.com">www.personalize.rendistyle.com

I ordered my non-tradional guest book and had the guest sign on the back!  I also ordered all of my bridal party gifts along with mother of the groom and my moms gift!!!  So pretty!  Free personalization and gift wrap!!!Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What you proposed is exactly what my mother did when she and my father were married back in 1975.  One was her sister the other her BFF. 

On some PP comments, if you do this make sure you have no other attendents or more than one other.  Otherwise it's awkward.  My mother just had the two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards