Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake w/fake middle tier and also? about a vegetarian guest.

Ok Cake question: We are having no more then 40 people at our wedding..and I really want a 3 tier wedding cake but I know that is too much cake I also and on a very tight budget so I was wondering if I could get the fake tier in the middle but still with decor..if so do you think it would be cheaper? or then same since they still have to decorate it? thank you.

Now for my vegetarian question. We have just one person that is a vegetarian and the places we are looking at having out wedding dont really offer hot pasta as a main course..but they have sides like salad ...and cold pasta salad..vegi tray..which we were going to get a few of. So how do I handle this since she is only one that dont eat meat? thank you again :)

Re: Cake w/fake middle tier and also? about a vegetarian guest.

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-wfake-middle-tier-also-vegetarian-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:605c5ded-e806-4fde-9baf-4f711f789832Post:ce1262fa-362c-41b0-a002-fc3e4f78e9e8">Cake w/fake middle tier and also? about a vegetarian guest.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok Cake question: We are having no more then 40 people at our wedding..and I really want a 3 tier wedding cake but I know that is too much cake I also and on a very tight budget so I was wondering if I could get the fake tier in the middle but still with decor..if so do you think it would be cheaper? or then same since they still have to decorate it? thank you.  Now for my vegetarian question. We have just one person that is a vegetarian and the places we are looking at having out wedding dont really offer hot pasta as a main course..but they have sides like salad ...and cold pasta salad..vegi tray..which we were going to get a few of. So how do I handle this since she is only one that dont eat meat? thank you again :)
    Posted by NoWomanNoCry83[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would check with the bakery because sometimes they charge the same or close to it for a fake tier. It can depend on how it's decorated. The cake part can be the cheap part... the labor for the fancy decorating can be the costly part.</div><div>But if it is cheaper, then go fo it.</div><div>
    </div><div>i'm surprised your venue doesn't have any main dishes that doesn't have meat in it. It doesn't have to be pasta. Have you asked for other options?

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) That's fine, but I think a 2 tier cake, or 3 tiers all the same size (separated on stands) would be fine, too.
    2) Ask your venue what kind of hot vegetarian meal they can provide. Yes, you have to provide a true meal for all of your guests. You are hosting them.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto others on the cake question. 

I'd be a little wary of your caterer if they can't put together a warm vegetarian dish for you. It's incredibly standard for caterers to offer something vegetarian by request. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards