Favors
Options

Good Quote for Wine Bottle Favors

My fiance and I are looking at getting small bottles of wine as wedding favors for our guests.  They're from a local vineyard that we like and the place will do personalized labels.  Besides just our names and the date, I was thinking of putting a cute quote on them.  Any ideas of something short and sweet that would work?

Re: Good Quote for Wine Bottle Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011

Eat, Drink, and Be Married!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where there is no wine there is no love.
    ~ Euripides

Embrace me, my sweet embraceable you! -- Ira Gershwin

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "The Perfect Blend"
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wine is bottled poetry-Robert Louis Stevenson

How much better is thy love than wine?- The Song of Soloman, 4:10
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Phillychica, I like the Song of Soloman quote!  I'm not sure if it's "it" but it's in the running.
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_good-quote-wine-bottle-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:bbb54ec1-557b-4c39-acdb-ffbf1eb9b08dPost:6bcb4feb-3468-4fab-86a6-936b4d7b463a">Re: Good Quote for Wine Bottle Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Phillychica, I like the Song of Soloman quote!  I'm not sure if it's "it" but it's in the running.
    Posted by cherbein[/QUOTE]

Ha ha cool. Neat idea about having a quote on your favors, besides just the standard names and date. I'm mildly obsessed with quotes and incorporated some at our wedding too. Good luck selecting!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Win or lose, we still booze.

haha, sorry, that probably wasn't helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very classy Frogurt!  And here I was thinking that noone would top "Eat, Drink, and Be Married" for the silly quote category. :oP
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1 Love & Happiness now ill drink to that...

2 no better way than together..cheers

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i want to do fine as a favor also can you give me some ideas for where to get them from

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wine is coming from a local vineyard that I like in Shamong, NJ.  As your information says you're from NJ, this may work well for you!  Their website is www.valenzanowine.com and what I like about them is their goal is to make wine that everyone will enjoy and not just wine critics.  Their information on personalized labels can be found at http://www.valenzanowine.com/labels.html

They sadly don't make the strawberry wine anymore, but it was delicious.  I'm going with the small bottles and getting a variety so that people can choose to their taste.  I highly recommend going to their tasting room and trying some of the wines out if you get a chance.

Cheers!
  • Options
    The vows are done, now lets have some fun!
  • Options
    the perfect blend
  • Options

Like fine wine, our love will grow with time.

• Options
    If it can be long, you can come up with something new. Maybe relate the different parts of wine to your marriage. Sweetness of the grape, patience after bottling, good environment/soil for the vines to grow in, etc. And make it sound romantic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards