Maine
Options

Honeymoon

Where is everyone going? I am having a hard time deciding....

Re: Honeymoon

• Options
    we either are doing a europe trip or something tropical... probably hawaii!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    well, after seriously exploring the idea of doing an All Inclusive in Jamaica- we decided to settle on saving $ and do a 3 or 4 night stay in New Hampshire in a Beautiful Hotel in the Lakes region.   i'm really excited about it.
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We spent 3 days in Baltimore and 3 days in DC for our honeymoon.  We're both huge Red Sox fans, and they were playing the Orioles right after we got married, so we decided to honeymoon with the Sox!  We went to all three games and then spent a few days in DC before heading home.  We had a blast!  We're not really beach people so it was a perfect trip for us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We originally wanted to do a trip to Hawaii, but found out we were moving to Florida just before the wedding, so we ended up doing a cruise. We were able to drive to the port since we now live in Florida, so that saved a lot of costs. I will say that as much as I want to visit Hawaii some day, I was glad we didn't do it for a honeymoon. When I go to Hawaii, I want to really be active, and do a lot of activities to get the most out of the state as we can. After planning a whole wedding though, I wouldn't have wanted to plan such an extensive honeymoon.

For the cruise, it was great because we just picked what activities we wanted to do, and they planned the rest. Plus, on days where we were at sea, I had no qualms about just hanging out and resting. It was awesome. We stopped in the Bahamas, St Thomas, and St Maarten.
  • Options
    We are doing the Sandals resort thing in Exuma Bahamas.  Emerald Bay!  It looks so beautiful.  100 days until we are.  Not that I am counting or anything :)
  • Options
    we are going to hawaii!
  • Options
    We arent doing anything right away but plan to take a cruise somewhere near our one year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cruises are really fun! i went on one to the caribbean over thanksgiving week. we went to 5 different islands & i got engaged in barbados!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards