New Hampshire

Hair & Makeup question

How many hours in advance of your weddings are you having your hair and makeup done? 
September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
imageimage
Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
Anniversary

Re: Hair & Makeup question

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at 12 and was at the salon at 8.  That being said I really pushed for a 1pm wedding and the church wouldn't accommodate because of Saturday afternoon Mass so I ended up being about 15 minutes late.  So I would suggest 5 hours in advance to start rather than just 4.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my makeup done at 9:30 and my hair at 10:30. Ceremony at 1:30.
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hair and make up begins at my house at 6:30 for an 11:00 ceremony.  We have 6 girls getting ready here.  We have two stylists.  I am worried too about timing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding began at 1:30 PM and all the girls and I were at the salon at 8:15 AM. We had 3 stylists for the 7 of us, so we had our apponintments staggered - 2 were at 8:15, 3 were at 9:15, and 3 were at 9:45. We were all done around 11:30 and it gave us plenty of time to get dressed and take photos before leaving for the Church.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing hair at 12pm for a 5:30pm ceremony.  I'm also having my make-up done, but that's happening at 3pm.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  The ceremony is 1 hour away from Nashua and we don't know anyone closer to the wedding site for hair/makeup.  A bit worried about getting everyone done in time, (and not too early so that it doesn't look "fresh").  There are 5 in the bridal party, so even if we had someone go with us to the site, it would take too long for one stylist to do everyone, so we're leaning towards having it done before we drive up to Jaffrey, NH.  Please forward any other tips or suggestions about hair/makeup, or timing for getting ready the day of the ceremony.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on where you're having hair and makeup done (at home or in-salon). In-salon allows things to move smoother and there are more resources, so it often moves quickly. We often time bridal parties by what time the photographer is supposed to show up at the brides home, then afford the girls an hour to get home and get dressed before the photographer gets there. It also depends on the size of the bridal party. If it's a large party, expect that it will take a lot longer to get things done. If it's just the bride, the average is about an hour and a half for hair and makeup. At my salon she would be out within an hour. That said, two co-workers and I are taking care of all my day-of details and we're starting at 10:30 a.m. for a 4:30 p.m. wedding with 15 people who need hair and makeup (including moms). A helpful hint, any good salon/hairstylist/makeup artist will always ensure the bride's hair and makeup is done LAST. As far as keeping it fresh, if it's truly a good style and makeup job, it will last all night aside for perhaps a lipstick touchup and a good powder-down after dinner if you have really oily skin (the one thing you do not want to be in pics is SHINY). I guarantee it for all my clients.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards