California-Central

looking for some local advice on hotels for honeymoon

We are either going to stay over in San Luis or Cambria.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: looking for some local advice on hotels for honeymoon

• stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madonna Inn? lol, I don't know much about the hotels in the area, but at least with the Madonna, it's famous and the rooms are pretty outrageous!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, Madonna Inn would be fun to stay at!
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this stay for just you and your fi or for all your guests as well? Cambria is mostly bed and breakfasts.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do Madonna, go with an elaborate room. http://www.madonnainn.com/rooms/140.php

my bff is OBSESSED (ridicuously) with Playboy.  The Girl's Next Door stayed at MI a while back, so when she came home (to PR where she grew up all her life til 3 years ago) last summer for a visit, she HAD to stay at MI as well.  Well, the rooms are pricey so we stayed in one of the cheaper rooms "Antique Cars".  it had Model T Fords and crap on the curtains, walls, even shower and bathroom tiles.  I felt like it was for 7 year old boys and car obsessed old men. 

Moral of the story, their rooms are pretty crazy.  Check them out online beforehand to make sure they are your style. 
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • suzyq95118suzyq95118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a whoel bunch of GORGEOUS vacation rentals in that area that are very reasonably priced!! try www.pasoroblesvacationrentals.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lola0824Lola0824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going to stay at the La Fonda  in Avila Beach (right next to San Luis), you may want to check it out too.
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the Inn at Morro Bay.  Their rooms are reasonably priced and it is a quaint little inn nestled just inside the Morro Bay State Park.  They have rooms with great sunset views of Morro Rock and their staff was amazing.  Our room was a King room which included a fire place and a balcony with a hot tub all for $99. They also have excellent food at the hotel restaurant (which also has great views).  If you're looking for a laid back place with beautiful scenery, this is it.

http://www.innatmorrobay.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I am in Santa Barbara, but I recently stayed at the Sycamore Springs Resort in Avila Beach outside of San Luis.  It was really nice.  I was only there for a night, but I would like to go back for longer some time to take advantage of the "free" (you pay a resort fee...so not really) yoga and pilates classes.  Every room has a hot tub with spring water,  and they have a full spa with massages and facials.    Our room had a fireplace and big comfy bed, and was surprisingly quiet, although we were there during a non-busy time.  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • edited December 2011
    Cambria Pines lodge is beautiful and also La Bellaserra in Paso Robles.  They have a special on their website for hotel stay and hot airballoon ride over the wineries in the area.
  • MilleRsBestMilleRsBest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I really enjoy Sycamore Springs
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards