Wedding Woes
Options

Makeup people (foundation question)

-Prescriptives has gone the way of the dodo and anything I used to use is out. Customblend was fabu, but my recipe is no longer available online. -MAC cosmetics discontinued Face and Body foundation in C9. -Cover Girl moved their Fresh Complexion Oil Free Pocket Powder Foundation to the Queen line. That's nice, but they changed the names of the colors and formula and the 'new' sht is NOT for ethnic folk. Khadijah lies! I have tragically oily skin with some hyperpigmentation and huge pores. I'm going to try MUFE and maybe Real Cosmetics. Any other recs? Remember, I live in podunk, so I have to travel over an hour to the nearest makeup counter that's not Clinique, Lancome, or Fashion Fair or order online. Thank you
"I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
Photobucket

Re: Makeup people (foundation question)

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest MUFE as well.  NARS is something worth looking into as well.  You like more medium/full coverage?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sheer to Medium. Full coverage makes me look like a dead hooker in a trunk.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HA!  Have you ever tried any tinted moisturizers?  I really like Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, however I have no idea what they offer for women that are darker than medium.  I'm not a huge fan of Clinique, just trying to use mine up.  Bobbi Brown also seems promising as a oil-control foundation. 

I'm not tragically oily, but definitely oily in the forehead, so I can sympathize.

Have you looked into a clarisonic?  I'm seriously jonesing for one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've used Lancome Macquicomplet, but it oxidizes to a nasty orange color since I've moved to da dirty souf. I'll try Lancome again and hit up Sephora for NARS and MUFE since they're in the same mall here. Maybe they'll have something for me. A Clarisonic is on my wishlist. I've been manually exfoliating more with this facial brush and it's kept the oily flakes and blackheads at bay.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking the mia is the way to go since it's nearly $100 cheaper.  My friend LOVES her clarisonic.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you ever tried any of the bare escentuals? i'm oily and prone to breakouts, but I do pretty well with their stuff. 
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    If you are oily and want sheer to medium coverage, I don't recommend Trish McEvoy. I used it and it was nice, but it did not help my oiliness at all. Definitely good coverage though so I would recommend something light along the lines of a tinted moisturizer.

I would also recommend Bare Minerals, but I know mineral makeup isn't for everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Mia is a better buy when it comes down to cost. We'll see. I'm on a no buy starting Sunday until August 1. I have got to use what I own or I'll drown in cosmetics. Barbie, mineral makeup tends to make me look ashy:-( It does help immensely the oil, though.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    Hooka, there's a spray that helps with the ashy/powdery look: 

Rare Minerals Moisture Burst Facial Mist

without it, i look powdery for the first few hours i have the makeup on - with 1-2 spritzes about 12" from my face after i put the makeup on, it has a much nicer finish. I bought a trial size kit last year and like it so much that i bought the full size. It doesn't make me look like an oil slick, and dries very quickly. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to know Barbie.  I have been using BE original, but would like to try the matte once my jar is finished. It takes me almost a year to use one jar.  Ridiculous.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    the spray is just for on top of the makeup or as a moisturizer. I like the Rare Minerals moisturizer, and powdered face wash too.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is powdered face wash? Does it make you matte?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards