Connecticut

Shoreline venues and caterer suggestions?

I'm a maid of honor trying to help my best-friend-bride-to-be who is completely lost.  She is looking for something affordable for a small wedding in May or June of 2014 (under 60 people).  So far, she's looked into the Lyme Art Association (which would need catering) and also looking into the seaport at Latitude 41 (the upstairs rooms, which wouldn't need catering). 

Totally lost on anywhere else that can accomodate a smaller wedding on a budget. Surprised I searched through the last 14 pages on the CT board of wonderful ideas, but haven't seen exactly this....suggestions anyone?

Re: Shoreline venues and caterer suggestions?

• I've heard good things about Westbrook Elks Club (http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_anyone-wedding-westbrook-elks-club)

You can also check out Mystic Aquarium. Lighthouse Point Park on the other side of the state does weddings, but you'd have to bring in your own caterer and I don't have any suggestions- other ladies might.
  • Check out the Fairfield Beach/Rec. they have two area that would accommodate your size wedding but you need to being in caterers etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_shoreline-venues-and-caterer-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f75aa9ef-a6eb-41e3-9003-763a515d5873Post:7e8172e2-c0b5-4c44-975b-79ea8bc2ceda">Re: Shoreline venues and caterer suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard good things about Westbrook Elks Club ( <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_anyone-wedding-westbrook-elks-club)">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_anyone-wedding-westbrook-elks-club)</a> You can also check out Mystic Aquarium. Lighthouse Point Park on the other side of the state does weddings, but you'd have to bring in your own caterer and I don't have any suggestions- other ladies might.
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]
    Hi, I can recommend The Mill on the River. It is Very Rustic with New England Charm.  The view is stunning with a boardwalk overlooking the water and a view of the waterfall.
    Easy access from I-91 or 84.
    Please call 860-289-7929 and I would be happy to check dates and send a wedding package to you.
    I look forward to hearing from you
    Laura Coviello
    Banquet Manager
    The Mill on the River Restaurant
  • ljc, why are you posting here? It's against the TOS for vendors to post. You're hurting your venue by posting here. )=
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_shoreline-venues-and-caterer-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f75aa9ef-a6eb-41e3-9003-763a515d5873Post:d3bc6655-fc7a-4424-afa9-5d93114f9892">Re: Shoreline venues and caterer suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ljc, why are you posting here? It's against the TOS for vendors to post. You're hurting your venue by posting here. )=
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>TOTALLY AGREE.  It doesn't look good for you venue to be doing this. 

</div>
    counting down to the big day
  • the shoreline can get very prices i looked into it and they all started at 150 and up and these were at venues that already had food. call around  to every place you can think of on the shore and see if someone can work with you on your budget maybe doing a friday wedding instead friday weddings can be less expensive than a saturday wedding do a day wedding vs a evening evening weddings are $$$ 
  • The Madison Beach Hotel holds small weddings on the water, but can be pricey. Depending on the day (if your friend is considered Friday or Sunday) you can keep the costs a little lower. I also like Rocky Neck State Park, which is on the water as well. This is a venue where you rent the space and bring everything in. My wedding will be at a venue like this and it is a lot of work, but (hopefully!) worth it! Your friend could also look there! Good luck!
  • Check out The Griswold Inn.  Their back room seems like a good place for a small reception.  It's one of the places we're looking at for our ceremony later this year.
  • I'm getting married at Lighthouse Point Park.  The rental fee is not cheap but I'm managing a 16k wedding with 100ish people. I'm using Fitzgerald's for catering.

Madison Beach Hotel is also really nice.  Their evening wedding receptions are pricey but they quoted me for brunch/lunch and they were pretty reasonable.  I think brunch was 30 something per person and lunch was 50 something.  They're very willing to work with a budget.
  • Try the Florence griswold museum, stonington meadows, the old Lyme inn, or stonecroft in stonington. Also the harbor hill inn in niantic, but you need to have your guests fill up all the rooms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi @cmacch,

I read that you are using/used Fitzgerald's for Lighthouse Point Park.  My fiance and I are getting married there in October 2014 and are considering using Fitzgerald's.  Can you tell me about your experience?  He seems great, but we were concerned about the presentation of the food we tried when we went to meet with him.  All of his reviews are outstanding.  Any info you have would be helpful! Thanks.

• You could look into Amarante's Sea Cliff in East Haven. They are very affordable but I believe the minimum person limit starts at 75 people. It's right on Morris Cove. Anthony's Ocean View is also on the same street but I'm not sure about their prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards