Chit Chat

The thing you are looking forward to most.....

My wedding is not until next March... but I am thinking constantly about the day and what it will be like....  So I was wondering what is the one thing that you are most looking forward to when it comes to your wedding day?  I don't mean the honeymoon or afterwards.  

There are so many things i am looking forward to but I am thinking that will be the most special for me will be our first dance.

Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....

• Im looking forward to "you may now kiss the bride" So I can see if my FI is going to embarass me or not lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:d2e377c2-609e-498f-b233-463b84b2aa11">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im looking forward to "you may now kiss the bride" So I can see if my FI is going to embarass me or not lol.
    Posted by stacie+luciano[/QUOTE]

omg...yes... I have thought of that moment like a million times!  but..i will tell you..he had better not embarass me... no way he will!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:3690691c-cd46-40ff-a272-6a0182720568">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The thing you are looking forward to most..... : omg...yes... I have thought of that moment like a million times!  but..i will tell you..he had better not embarass me... no way he will!
    Posted by danibride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>if he does, all of the cake is going to be on his face.</div>
  • revenge by cake!  omg....lets just hope it doesn't get to that...LOL

• I'm excited to find out what will be going on in my mind as I walk down the aisle. We luckily picked a church that's wide, not long. I don't know if I could handle a long walk lol
  • Being married.  That's the point, isn't it?  To me, it's not about the party, the dress, the food, etc.  It's about being married. 
    DSC_9275
  • I'm looking forward to when my FI sees me in my dress for the first time.
    Anniversary
  • I'm looking forward to going through the ceremony & vows- you know, the marriage part.
  • I'm looking forward to having a moment all for ourselves (+ photographer) to take it all in. 
  • Since I'm already married. . it was mainly the 'Im getting married today Yay" part as well as seeing DH in his tux. He's a good lookin fella, but put him in a suit and he's one sexy beast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was looking forward to it all being over.  :)

The part that surprised me was walking down the aisle - it was very emotional for me to see all of our guests' beautiful faces as I walked towards H.

Also, the food was pretty sweet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm looking forward to him seeing me in my dress, the actual marriage ceremony, and our first dance. And of course, our amazing 6 tiered cake :)
  • Mine's definitely walking down the aisle.  I can't wait for that moment...Oh and the whole ''you are now husband and wife'' line.  And the vows.  I don't know if I'll start crying or not.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • for it to be here and get over so i can see my future husband everday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sooooo many wonderful things to look forward to....wow... i so can't wait:)  Yes, walking down the isle will be totally amazing... what will I be thinking???  Will I be crying..or trying not to?  Seeing my FI in his tux....sooooo handsome waiting for me...the look on his face..its all so overwhelming for me to think about.  And of course... BEING MARRIED!!!!  Wow....too much for one day!  But i just think about that first dance as bining the time when I can just melt into his arms..just let go... me and him together...how wonderful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:744e156f-f222-4461-b924-55dab6bf98f4">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking forward to when my FI sees me in my dress for the first time.
    Posted by mpatt2122[/QUOTE]

This is what I look forward to as well.  I keep playing it in my head of how I want it to happen.  The church has a room at the top of some steps and I'm thinking it would be nice to have him see me walk down the steps, there's also a little balcony so it would be a bit like romeo and juliet. Plust I cann't wait to wear my dress i absolutly love it!

I'm also looking forward to the entire ceremony and saying forever in front of our loved ones. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:744e156f-f222-4461-b924-55dab6bf98f4">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking forward to when my FI sees me in my dress for the first time.
    Posted by mpatt2122[/QUOTE]

This!!! Walking down the aisle and seeing him seeing me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic FutureMrs.B Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:4a71324c-85b3-42ed-b253-36a246d9e450">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE](Provided the terrible thoughts I have like "What if I trip on my dress?" don't come true.)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

omg...you have those thoughts too!!!!  I swear i have dreams of things like that happening all the time......:P
  • I'm looking forward to the whole ceremony...walking down the aisle, saying our vows, first kiss, etc.  Of course I'm excited to just have fun and celebrate with everyone afterwards, but the ceremony is the part that I'm really "looking forward to" and the part that I keep imagining in my head.
    Anniversary
  • The moment that I see the FI see me for the first time....I can't even type this without getting all choked up

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:71847dd4-a32f-46d9-a286-f04db927adf7">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]The moment that I see the FI see me for the first time....I can't even type this without getting all choked up
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Agree. I'm excited to see his face! I'm not a pretty pretty princess by any means and I'm going to surprise him that day! I'm looking forward to the honeymoon too! Between planning, work, and starting a new business venture I'm exhausted. It will be nice to have some "just us" time.
    Anniversary
  • Seeing my FI at the end of that long aisle! I cannot wait to see his face! :)
    ~a~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:a191ad30-342e-4c4d-9dff-dc517dcdf931">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seeing my FI at the end of that long aisle! I cannot wait to see his face! :)
    Posted by asmaruszewski[/QUOTE]

it would be great to have a photo of that, wouldn't it?  Usually all eyes are on the bride....and only the bride is looking at him.....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:7e255b08-6c60-491e-bb0f-f27d34b32dec">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE] I need to stop wedding planning right before bed.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

i know....that is my problem too... but its like the only quiet time i have to do things most days.  its almost like every night now it seems that some sort of aweful thing happens to my wedding day in my dream....:P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:c3f85d07-8a94-4816-bdb8-ed00846f195d">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The thing you are looking forward to most..... : it would be great to have a photo of that, wouldn't it?  Usually all eyes are on the bride....and only the bride is looking at him.....
    Posted by danibride2012[/QUOTE]

This is one of the main reasons I wanted 2 photographers.  It's #1 on my shot list for them to get both our faces as I am coming down the aisle.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:51af3fd3-d092-46a1-97ac-4b1c0e9f778e">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The thing you are looking forward to most..... : This is one of the main reasons I wanted 2 photographers.  It's #1 on my shot list for them to get both our faces as I am coming down the aisle.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Thats a great idea.....  i had asked a friend if she could try to get a pic of him at that moment... so i am going to make sure that she gets a seat in a position where she can get a clear shot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_thing-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:207cda06-b3ea-4997-8170-e09e9e1a7440Post:7879ccff-47de-4276-afd4-ce83ab6ec939">Re: The thing you are looking forward to most.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The thing you are looking forward to most..... : Same here!  Let's see. I've had the wrong groom show up at the church and everyone try forcing me to go through with the wedding (and it was a guy I'd never even met), my cousin's all burst into song and dance (that one was more amusing than anything), having 4 bridesmaids, but 2 of them were acquaintances and 2 I had never met AND they gave me a lingerie shower like 5 minutes before the wedding and I was embarrassed, forgetting about the wedding and therefore being late..... The list could keep going!  :)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Yikes.... and I thought I was the only one having these dreams... the other night i had one where i was coming down the isle.... and i didn't recognize ANYBODY!  not evem my FI...and we were like in a dirty old bowling alley and everybody was pushing me to go...go...  i woke up all upset and agitated and stayed that way all day...bleah.....
  • i know i will cry cindy      but tears of joy

• I got married a couple weeks ago and have too many moments to list. A few that didn't make any "before" list of things I was looking forward to: DH mouthing "I love you" when I got to the end of the aisle, my dad seeing me for the first time, my girls seeing me for the first time, watching my bridesmaids interact, the way the unity candle went out 10 seconds after we lit it (seriously, it ws hilarious), signing the marriage license, our impromptu "extra" spotlight dance to "our" song from when we were in high school...they go on. And on. And on. Seriously, there is no prepping for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards