New Mexico

Drink list

FI and I decided to offer ceratin types of beer and wine for the reception.  Since we don't have 100 guests, the restaurant is not going to be setting up a bar area for guests to go up to for their drinks.  Instead they will have waiters and waitresses take the drink orders.  Do you think it would be ok if we created drink menus, listing the non-alcoholic drinks, wine and beer options?  Maybe place one or two on each table?  Any other ideas on how to convey the options?

Thanks for the input!

Re: Drink list

• edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of the drinks menu! if you talk to the people doing your invites and other stationary, they may actually be able to make them for you in a matching format. Or for other ideas i would check out etsy.com - if you search for dearemma under sellers, they have a lot of really nice options and they can customize. they did our save the dates and are doing our invitiations, which were very resonably priced and gorgeous.

As for how many per table I think it depends on how many people you have at each table. You don't want your guests to be fighting over the one drink list :)

hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea; it lets them know what's available so the waiters don't have to say it all the time.  I agree with rachael.baker--make sure it's on really pretty stationary and it'll match your wedding perfectly!
    August 2011 Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket My Planning Blog
  • edited December 2011
    YES. That is a great idea!!!

Like the PP just said, it let's the guests know what is available, so they don't have to constantly ask the waiter, "Wellll, do you have this? No? Do you have that? Oh... ummm..." LOL

I think I'll have to steal this idea for myself, because we are hosting a couple drinks and anything else will be available at the cash bar. It would be nice to have a place on the menu that states this, so it won't be such a hassle when they get to the bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards