Snarky Brides

Happy Pi Day!

Re: Happy Pi Day!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:d6438d89-efde-4bc4-ab46-fe4f98da96ef">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna- you seriously are the best wife. Could you be mine? 
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

As soon as I wear this first husband out, I'll be taking offers for the next  ;)
  • good morning.

I just read Dot's thread below and now I have The Click, Out My Body, stuck in my head. dang (please tell me I'm not the only one who knows this song)

Pregnancy has turned me into a sad sack of shiit. I've never been a cryer, ever, but I've been crying at the stupidest crap. This morning I cried twice on the way to work. Once when I passed Kings Island, and got all sad that I can't go ride rides this summer. And then again at a damn country song. I think I'll stick to gangsta rap and heavy metal for the next 34 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gangsta rap and heavy metal makes for badass babies, or so I've heard.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• edited March 2012
    Oh man, the bump is even more bumpalicious in a picture. I feel like a giant.

Please to be ignoring the bad lighting/bathroom pic/wardrobe/hair day. It's been a morning to forget.

ETA: dmill, it's par for the course to be a sad sack. I cry at commercials now, and not the blasted SPCA ones, either.
  • Good morning! I must have thrown off the balance of the universe by having a good morning today lol. I registered H and myself for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon, so I'm super stoked about that. Now I just have to call and make reservations for our hotel.

I had an excellent run, it put me in the greatest mood, and even though I'm still irritated with work, I've accepted that I can't change it no matter how hard I try, so I'm just doing what I gotta do and biding my time till I leave here.

I'm meeting my friend for drinks tonight and I'm excited for that too. I haven't seen her since last April, we both got super busy with work, so it'l be nice to catch up.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Thanks, Edie. :) I feel great, so I'm hoping that translates into some kind of pregnancy glow in the near future.
  • Sept, you look great! Yay for baby bump.

Smash, if my kid comes out with a "ooh ah ah ah ah" ala Down with the Sickness, I'll pretty much be in heaven ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning all. I'm just trying to clean the apartment a bit before work since Brandon's sister is coming up today and I won't be home until 8. Blah.
  • Yay bump!  You look great sept!

dmill, my suggestion?  just get used to it, I cry at everthing.  It's redonkulous.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:840f4108-f044-4e64-b3fa-f67fc184e9d0">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sept, you look great! Yay for baby bump. <strong>Smash, if my kid comes out with a "ooh ah ah ah ah" ala Down with the Sickness, I'll pretty much be in heaven ;)</strong>
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    That would truly be awesome.  Fuuck classical music for the baby.  Disturbed is the way to go.

• And, DMill, my labour soundtrack (at least in my head) only includes Metallica, Staind (old stuff, and the very new stuff, leaving out that weird stage in the middle) TOOL, SOAD, etc.

Now that baby can hear, we have musical instruction together in the morning on the commute to work. When good music comes on, I turn it up. Then I change to the dance station and say, NO! NO! NO! BAD BABY! I have it all under control. ;)
  • Morning!

I had no idea such a thing as Pi day existed.  I will now spend the eintire day craving pie.

I have a dentisit appointment this morning and I hate the dentist.  Its just a cleaning but somewhere along the way I developed an irrational fear of going to the dentist so I dread this day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:b7b066fb-8dd2-4d41-ae4e-76ac6470f108">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Pi Day! : This gave me a chuckle. Any, I love your new picture!
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I love hair extensions <3
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:654829bd-41dc-4d70-8337-4fd537a22bf3">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, DMill, my labour soundtrack (at least in my head) only includes Metallica, Staind (old stuff, and the very new stuff, leaving out that weird stage in the middle) TOOL, SOAD, etc. Now that baby can hear, we have musical instruction together in the morning on the commute to work. When good music comes on, I turn it up. Then I change to the dance station and say, NO! NO! NO! BAD BABY! I have it all under control. ;)
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]
    I like the way you think!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    LOL a friend of mine at work just texted me, I asked him to keep me updated with any weird stuff that happens and we always gossip about that annoying old man who is gross and eats a shitton all the time. He apparently was just telling someone how balance in life is important and you should work out but not a lot cause thats not good for you! This is the same guy who thinks only eating 2 micalinas frozen dinners for lunch instead of 3 is dieting. I love the total BS that comes out of my coworkers mouths sometimes.
  • Thanks, guys. Mini-me is pleased. :)
  • Love the bump pic!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:99ef1d12-5d74-4c47-ae0b-07ef45754a9f">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Megh, when do you leave?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

My last day in the office is June 22nd.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • NebbNebb member
    For as dumb as some of my coworkers can be, noticing all the dumb stuff they do is too priceless to give up, so I still love them. The juice guy (the guy who started juicing and argued with me about it when I said that youre cutting out all the fiber and benefits of that) informed me yesterday he has started eating just a salad for lunch and a salad for dinner. When I told him that wasnt good (cause hes pretty much starving himself - he doesnt put anything but half a chicken breast in it) and that he should make sure hes still getting good carbs and a balanced diet he informed me that he "doesnt cheat" so he will just stick to his salads. Yup, OK THEN.
  • Morning everyone! you all are chatty today :)

Sept, you're adorable. I noticed today that I have a little bit of a bump (and it's not just extra flab! ha)  My stomach is hard... it's a very odd feeling. I hope I actually LOOK pregnant soon instead of just... fat. ha

It's supposed to be 74* here today. My coworkers and I are going for frozen yogurt before training this afternoon and I'm incredibly excited.
  • I want a pedicure and frozen yogurt. today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sitting on my front porch in the porch swing and working today.  And drinking iced tea.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:d59e3fcb-77ba-4cf6-b828-bf3262b87bbe">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a pedicure and frozen yogurt. today.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

There's a new place on campus... Chilly Billy's? I guess it's like a sundae bar where you load up with any toppings you want, and pay per ounce. I'm kind of excited to try it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:1a900d7f-dd56-4270-bccc-e4bc6642a147">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Pi Day! : There's a new place on campus... Chilly Billy's? I guess it's like a sundae bar where you load up with any toppings you want, and pay per ounce. I'm kind of excited to try it.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

And that is exactly what I've been looking for! I had it recently in Fargo (my friend is obsessed) and it was so effing good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think there is a place like that opening near me soon. I have never been but I hear they are dangerous. Both the calories and the cost adds up faster than you'd think. I'll still have to try it at some point though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NebbNebb member
    We just went downtown and were getting lunch before we leave, its GORGEOUS out. Short sleeves and not cold.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:940ba31c-fd24-46fb-8889-855a6ae2a43d">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just went downtown and were getting lunch before we leave, its GORGEOUS out. Short sleeves and not cold.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Jealous.  It was gorgeous here the past two days but it was hard to enjoy from the bathroom ;)  I don't think the weather is going to be really "crappy" again.  ::fingers crossed::</div>
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:247ba98a-a6c4-4292-baf6-e6d7c7fbe88c">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think there is a place like that opening near me soon. I have never been but I hear they are dangerous. Both the calories and the cost adds up faster than you'd think. I'll still have to try it at some point though. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

They can be dangerous if you're loading up on heavy toppings like my H adding the equivalent of 4 snickers bars on top.  But I usually get a sugar-free flavor in a pretty big cup (around 10 - 12 oz), top it with some fruit or cocoa roasted almonds and it comes up at around $5.  The no-sugar added ones are around 50 cals per 3 oz.  So not even a meal in a cup.

dang.  Now I want some too
  • Yeah, I'm a little worried  about how pricey it's going to be, but oh well. It's the first 70+ day of the year, so I'm treating myself.

Calories? meh. I got scolded yesterday for not gaining enough weight ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-pi-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ec5e692d-521b-4ffd-a65e-1b63b8752d1ePost:d59e3fcb-77ba-4cf6-b828-bf3262b87bbe">Re: Happy Pi Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a pedicure and frozen yogurt. today.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

Only today?  LOL  I want one EVERY day!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards