Massachusetts

Help! Planning long distance and looking for a venue!

Hi Ladies!

I'm pretty new to The Knot and am already addicted.  Just got engaged in December and planning a summer (prob June) wedding for 2012.  We live in Montana (both in school) but are planning our wedding in western Mass.  My FI is from Lenox and so while we were home for Christmas we looked at a few venues but the rest will be long distance. 

Does anyone have suggestions for the Springfield, MA and/or Hartford, CT surrounding areas?  We will have quite a few guests flying in to BDL (Windsor/Hartford) so we are trying to stay within an hour or so drive of the airport.  We are anticipating about 100-120 guest and would love to have an outdoor ceremony.  Reception does not have to be at same location but would be convenient.

Also, we are trying to keep the per person around 30-40 if possible but are open to other ideas.  Outside caterer option would be great, but not neccessary if the price at the venue is right.  Trying to keep a blend of beautiful and budget.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Planning long distance and looking for a venue!

• edited December 2011
    Look Park
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We wound up going with The Log Cabin, which is not cheap, but ours is a small wedding so we decided to go for it, but we looked at The Mill on the River in/near Hartford, CT, and they were more reasonably priced.  If you do a search, they should come up right away.  The bridge you walk over to get to the restaurant is great! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SOEngaged101SOEngaged101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi TeamMoriarty -

My name is Lauren of SO Engaged weddings.  We are a full-service wedding and honeymoon-planning company.  My main focus with all of my clients is to be able to make their day truly unique and bring all of your wedding dreams to life!

A great deal that I recently came across is the Riverfront Boathouse - check out their website at:   http://www.riverfront.org/images/pdfs/Bridal_Special_Flyer59.95_saturday_54_.95_fri_sun_.pdf .  The price is slightly over the $40 pp (it's 59.99 pp on Saturdays, 54.95 pp on Fridays and Sundays) but includes 5 hours for your reception, facility rental fee, choice of buffet dinners, dessert, coffee and tea.  They are also right on the water and you can have your reception outside.  Additionally, they have an area for your ceremony as well, should you decide on that location.

You can also look into Old Sturbridge Village, http://www.osv.org/museum/weddingpackages.html .  I'm not familiar with the prices but can certainly get them for you if you're interested.  The Publick House (also in Sturbridge) also has some specials starting at just $32 pp which sounds like it would be within your price range.  http://www.publickhouse.com/documents/6PublickHouseWeddingSpecials1.27.11.pdf

If you'd like more help, please feel free to let me know...I would love to help you plan your big day!!! 

Happy Planning!

Lauren

www.so-engaged.com

lhiggins@so-engaged.com
    Lauren Higgins*SO Engaged*www.so-engaged.com*lhiggins@so-engaged.com*
  • chadandmattchadandmatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there...by any chance are you marrying Graham? He and my brother (Ryan) were great friends in high school .  My partner (Matt) and I are getting married at Bucksteep Manor in Washington, MA (Berkshires) this summer.  We loved the venue and they can work with you budget restraints.  There are a number of different options for lodging (bed and breakfast, camping, rustic cabins.)  We are planning the wedding from Minnesota and they have been wonderful!  Say hi to Graham.
  • edited December 2011
    I am marrying Graham!  What a crazy small world.  We just stayed with Ryan in Brooklyn in December!  we looked at Bucksteep (online) and actually LOVED it but thought it would be too expensive.  maybe i'll give them a call though and see if they're willing to negotiate at all.  thanks!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chadandmattchadandmatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh fun!  Give them a call and they should be able to work with any budget.  They have been really nice.  I also found a wonderful photographer who is very reasonable. 
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Harkness at Eolia Park - it's in Southern Connecticut on the water and absolutely gorgeous and includes tables & Chivari chairs - a huge value!  It also has a tent for outside dancing.  I'd totally have picked it except it's got a cap of 150 people, and our list is more like 200.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards