Snarky Brides
Options

Shoutouts

Re: Shoutouts

• Options
    The advice the other day about lying to their insurance company about their pitbull?  That was pretty much out there.  I actually didn't mind her at all at first but the more she types the more I just kinda... step back... and wonder.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:e6700334-750d-413c-a931-29424fe7b435">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]The advice the other day about lying to their insurance company about their pitbull?  That was pretty much out there.  I actually didn't mind her at all at first but the more she types the more I just kinda... step back... and wonder.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Yup, that's yet another example of her poor advice.  I see much more bad advice coming out of her than good.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:929cba08-58a3-4737-bdf6-810f408ec05c">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's right, B. That weirds me out too. I'm just not feeling her. And when she gives advice, it's usually bad. Like, really bad. <strong>I almost immediately roll my eyes whenever a post title has the words "HELP", "PANIC" or "VENT" in it with lots of exclamation marks.</strong>
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Excessive punctuation drives me bonkers in all situations. Actually, excessive anything drives me bonkers. Except tacos. One can never have too many tacos.
  • Options
    *runs in the thread, flying tacklehugs for all* That is all.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:e6700334-750d-413c-a931-29424fe7b435">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]The advice the other day about lying to their insurance company about their pitbull?  That was pretty much out there.  I actually didn't mind her at all at first but the more she types the more I just kinda... step back... and wonder.

::incoherent choking and gasping:: What? That's stupid.
  • Options
    Sadie strikes me as a different for the sake of being different person. Like, when she comes around, we should all thank her for exposing us to diversity.

People I *do* think bring much needed diversity and interesting points of view? Reddy and Kped (sp?) I don't want to sound like an uncultured ass, but I would love, love, love for Kped to post a wedding recap with lots of photos. I bet it was fascinating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just wanted to jump in to say that, as stressed as I am right now about the wedding (10 days! WHA?) I like to head over to this board to help get my mind off the 537 things I still have left to do. So, thanks, SB, for being entertaining in my time of need.

Also? I hate Labnr/Labia. I want to reach through the computer and smack her. And that is not the stress talking.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:113d732d-f743-436a-8022-81b18451e523">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : ::incoherent choking and gasping:: What? That's stupid.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Yeah somebody was asking for advice about pits, and she swoops in with that lovely little nugget.  Don't tell your insurance because it will cost you more money!  And everyone was like, uh... isn't that fraud!?
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:69ad7114-1442-464c-a1d0-880683abba07">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]*runs in the thread, flying tacklehugs for all* That is all.
    Posted by kpwedkk[/QUOTE]
    You come around here a lot but I feel like I don't know you at all.  You should start an Ask Me Anything Thread just to annoy Cew ;)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:fb43547c-6968-460f-9b10-a1cc2f2b0caa">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : Aww, thanks.  I think Cheddar and Box Kitty should move into a little 12-pack condo village together.  And Whisky could be their neighbor.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

The creepy old man neighbor who peeks in through the windows and sunbathes naked.

Whisky's trouble, watch out.
  • Options
    I actually always try to be nice to Labia.  I feel bad for her.  But every time I do it... she just says something even more bizarre or "screw you guys" and then I just throw up my hands and stop caring.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:0b577d64-3d13-41e8-89bf-340daa44cd37">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : Yeah somebody was asking for advice about pits, and she swoops in with that lovely little nugget.  Don't tell your insurance because it will cost you more money!  And everyone was like, uh... isn't that fraud!?

Yep.  And when you have a dog bite incident - what then?  Get sued by the insurance company too?
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Kpwedkk, you're the one I was talking about. I didn't realize you were here. Now I feel like I was just talking about you in the women's bathroom and you popped out of the stall.

Bubba, we have the same wedding date. Holla.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:e55cf6b2-5c52-4d56-b671-676aa270d41b">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : The creepy old man neighbor who peeks in through the windows and sunbathes naked. <strong>Whisky's trouble, watch out.
    </strong>Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

So is Cheddar.  He was humping the dog last night.  DH couldn't stop laughing.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:71ee8b21-c657-405b-8e3e-b18a6eeee4cf">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : Whisky left my lap on the couch last night, walked over to H (who was lying next to me), and plopped his butt down on his face. Like, full butt in the face. It was hilarious, to me. I think it was revenge for H not sharing his chicken earlier. The older he gets, the more of an ass my cat is. But he's so cute you can't help but forgive him.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That made me really laugh out loud.  Thank you for that.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MILF, how are you handling it? I'm ok, outwardly, I guess. But I can't stop making lists of things to do in my head. Yowza.

Why, oh why did I just open and read the whole PANIC thread? I need to bleach my eyes and pray for the intelligence of the human race.
  • Options
    Where is Zippity? I like when Zip weighs in.
  • Options
    I think your all a bunch of TARDS....and oddly I feel right at home.
  • Options
    Oh, hey, Amelia, using the word "tards" really makes you look like a jackhole. Try again.

I love Zip and would like to see more of her.

Bubba, I'm like, screaming on the inside. I'm ready to be on the plane headed to the HM. Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:d60ecf16-9360-42f1-ae41-448944b563d8">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your all a bunch of TARDS....and oddly I feel right at home.
    Posted by ameliapaige1[/QUOTE]

Too bad very few people here appreciate the use of the word "retarded" or variations of it as an insult. But, if you are trolling, I guess it is appropriate of you to carry on this way.
  • Options

Any thread that asks about the cost/size of your ring makes me ill.  I usually don't read them, but I assume the intention is for someone to ask them about theirs because they feel like they have something to brag about.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MILF I'm totally screaming too. I hope my boss doesn't expect too much outta me at work this week, 'cause I have NO room left in my brain for anything but wedding shiit.

I read tard as TARDIS. Geek, table for one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:d60ecf16-9360-42f1-ae41-448944b563d8">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your all a bunch of TARDS....and oddly I feel right at home.
    Posted by ameliapaige1[/QUOTE]
    You're not making a very good start between calling us all "tards" (which by the way we don't look fondly on here) and your response to the BC post below.  If those posts are any indicator I don't think you're going to fit in very well after all.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:eecd0e60-fd13-4e62-bc93-1da986a6549b">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]MILF I'm totally screaming too. I hope my boss doesn't expect too much outta me at work this week, 'cause I have NO room left in my brain for anything but wedding shiit. I read tard as TARDIS. Geek, table for one.
    Posted by Bubbalub[/QUOTE]
    TARDIS is far better than Tard.  I'll mosey over to your table of awesome any day. 

I also like that picture a lot, Bub.  I believe I've told you this before. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:fbfe728d-2c3e-46f0-ae13-693a6242ec0a">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]CEW - you rock.  That's it. OWN, Missy, kd, and Lenore - we should live closer and gtg - it would be fun.  You know, since we're all so old and stuff. B, AATB, MIAF, J&K - I'm always happy to see you post. Seshat - HH is great - I'm enjoying it.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Well we can find a half way point for each of and start driving. I'm In!

Actually OWN and I are having a GTG in Toledo Oct 2nd your welcome to come.

BTW- Ameila is it? I dont appreciat being called a Tard. Ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OOOH! You have so much awesome ahead of you, Night! I'm jealous. :P
  • Options

Interesting, I've read plenty of pretty suggestive and border line, or less, vulgarity on this board.  Please do not misunderstand my use of the word as it was only meant to express my personal feeling about this group in the nicest possible of ways, not to condemn any other group of individuals who may be offended.  It seems fair to say that as long as your accepted and in the "click" it appears to be ok to speak off color or less than politically correct.  So go have your fun tearing me apart, my definition stands...
    Any person who is not developmentally disabled, but rather has what is considered normal cognitive faculties but for whatever reason has opted out of using it. Whereas mental retardation is genetic in nature, this form of behavior is environmental usually resulting in too much daytime television, Brittany Spears piped in pop music, and other environmental factors.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:44cc0c8a-1c09-4a2c-a031-19fa796e4dd5">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : I don't know what that is either. I suck.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

It's a sci-fi tv show. The longest running sci-fi show ever so Wikipedia tells me. I don't personally watch it, but I have a lot of nerdy friends.

On a related note, the Big Bang Theory is amazing.
  • Options
    Amelia, if you had spent any time on this board lurking you would know that using "retarded" in any form is NOT OK. It has nothing to do with being part of the "in crowd" here, it's common freaking decency.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    big bang tries too hard in my opinion.  

As for shout outs, i don't get the whole cew = bitch.  I don't think i've lurked long enough to understand.  She doesn't seem any more bitchy than anyone else
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards