Nebraska-Omaha

DC Centre in Omaha Vs. Livestock Exchange Building?

Does anyone have any recommendations or complaints about either of these venues?

Re: DC Centre in Omaha Vs. Livestock Exchange Building?

• mikenjess113mikenjess113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I went into DC Centere, they rushed me a lot and I didn't like the idea of another event going on at the same time.

As far as LSE, my wedding guest count was not large enough for their facility.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What did they require for a guest count for the LSE?
  • mikenjess113mikenjess113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to say 200 or 250, you would have to call though.  I know they have a smaller room but my wedding party was too big for that one so I was in the grey area at 150 guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    LSE has two ballrooms, one's smaller than the other. They require a bigger guest count on Saturdays, but we're holding our wedding on a Friday to save some cash. I too will have about 150 guests, but they don't insist on that requirement on a Friday night. DC Centre is cheaper, but it's not nearly as pretty inside. What to do, what to do?
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out Anthony's Steakhouse.  They have a beautiful banquet room, with an attached patio, and rock waterfall.  They can accomodate any type of guest list.  I'll have between 150 to 200 guests, and they are able to accomodate my numbers, but they can accomodate up to 400 people I think.  Also, the price of Anthony's is more reasonable than DC Centre & Livestock, as they don't charge for a hall fee.  The pricing is based on your plated or buffett dinner count, and bar charges. 
    Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • edited December 2011
    Between those two choices, I would go with LSE.  I have been to receptions at both, and it just looks nicer.
  • ktwithrow1219ktwithrow1219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception in the North Ballroom at the Livestock Exchange Building next October. It is a very nice ballroom and the layout is good. I think that you have to guarantee at least 250 guest for the North Ballroom, but the south ballroom is smaller. Carolyn from Brandies is extremely nice and helpful. My parents, fiance and I all thought she was helpful and seemed like she will be accomadating. You have to pay a fee for the rental, but it pays for the setup and cleanup and I think the bartending fees which is nice because you won't have to worry about cleaning or setting up on the day of your wedding, they will do it for you. You also have to pay for 2 security officers instead of 1 which Brandeis will set up, but you have to have one downstairs in the lobby and one on the ballroom floor so it is a little extra cost. I have never personally had Brandeis catering but I have only heard good things about them.
  • ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in July and had our reception in the North ballroom at Livestock and loved it.  The service was great from the beginning.  Carolyn was our coordinator and was extremely accomodating thoughout the process.  We visited the ballroom four or five times with Carolyn and she also hosted a tasting for our menu.  On the day of the wedding the staff members were polite and ran everything very smoothly.  Aside from the service and good food, the ballroom is just gorgeous.  The wood floors are original and the windows are breathtaking.  I would highly recommend having your reception at LEB.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding of some of our good friends that had their reception at the DC Center and the service was awful. The meat was waaaaayyyy undercooked and then when they wanted to do their toast they had to ask for the staff to get the champagne ready and the staff was short and rude with the bride. She was very upset about it. I hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    We've decided on the Livestock's South Ballroom. Joe with Brandeis made this decision VERY easy. He was very polite and answered every single little question I could come up with.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a complaint on complaint.com about them in regard to a wedding reception held there.  There is also a complaint on ripoff report.com about them in regard to deceptive practices.  I would not hold anything there as they are money hungry people and accept no responsibility for their employees actions or their actions, it is always someone else's fault!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards