Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Planner Email Response Time

Hi Ladies!
For those of you that have hired a wedding planner/coordinator that includes unlimited email access, how long does it typically take to hear a response from an email that you write?  I'm trying to decide if I have too of high expectations for mine!

Please see poll. 

Thanks. 

Re: Wedding Planner Email Response Time

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did not vote, because my times vary depending on how busy she is.  If I email her on the weekend and she has a wedding, she won't get back to me until Sunday night at the earliest.  Usually, though, she sits down each night and replies to/composes emails, so I'll have new emails from her the morning after I send her something.
    Anniversary

• Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mine usually took 2-3 days depending on what time of the week I sent it. She was usually pretty slammed towards the end of the week and was off on Mondays. If I didn't get a response on something that was pretty time sensitive, I called.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Granted, I have only worked with her for 2 weeks of interviews and signing the contract, but she replies within 6 hours generally.
  • Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-planner-email-response-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b98ba948-2225-4855-b023-6cad1a0c3c11Post:80af4401-8f56-4e3e-91ba-00fe2f2be739">Re: Wedding Planner Email Response Time</a>:
    [QUOTE] my times vary depending on how busy she is.  If I email her on the weekend and she has a wedding, she won't get back to me until Sunday night at the earliest.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

^this! My wedding planner is usually really good about responding, but it depends on how busy she is! Like yesterday she exchanged emails with me all day long. She is usally very good about getting back to me the next day...June has just been super busy so I have had to wait a little longer.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With mine, it did kind of depend on the subject. If it was important, she generally did respond to me within a short time (1-2 days). If it was less important/less time-sensitive, it was longer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it is just me, but I would think that if they have the answer to the question I am asking, they could responde in less than a day.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LoverBean is using the same planner I used.

She is pretty fast normally within the same day. However there have been periods where she was suppose to email me and I didn't get it for a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-planner-email-response-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b98ba948-2225-4855-b023-6cad1a0c3c11Post:f89bfc2a-fb46-4b69-880e-6ea1ebb88c85">Re: Wedding Planner Email Response Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe it is just me, but I would think that if they have the answer to the question I am asking, they could responde in less than a day.
    Posted by KGfromplano[/QUOTE]

When I am working, I tend not to even check my email (even on my phone) because I want to take the time to compose a well thought-out message.  If I have a question for my planner that she could answer in five words or less, I text her.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-planner-email-response-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b98ba948-2225-4855-b023-6cad1a0c3c11Post:f89bfc2a-fb46-4b69-880e-6ea1ebb88c85">Re: Wedding Planner Email Response Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe it is just me, but I would think that if they have the answer to the question I am asking, they could responde in less than a day.
    Posted by KGfromplano[/QUOTE]

Most of the time, the questions I was asking her weren't a question someone would be able to answer off the top of her head. It was usually like -- "can we add the second meat entree to the menu? How much extra would that be?" and she'd have to contact the catering company, get the new prices, etc.

So, yeah, I didn't mind that it took a few days for her to get back to me on my questions, because they required some work on her end -- not just a quick email back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone.  Mine is taking about 3 days on avearge (sometimes longer, not usually shorter).  Granted, I just started working with her and my wedding is not until March 31, so maybe that's why.  Still, its a lot of money to spend, so I expect superior customer service, especially after the rave reviews of this particular company.  I am meeting with her soon....should I bring it up??  Part of me wants to, but another part of me doesn't want it to be uncomfortable and awkward from the get-go.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you using her for full service planning?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are just using her for month/day of, you may see slower responses until closer to the time you have actually hired her for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-planner-email-response-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b98ba948-2225-4855-b023-6cad1a0c3c11Post:d4ca6776-8062-4077-b9ed-395290c224f3">Re: Wedding Planner Email Response Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are just using her for month/day of, you may see slower responses until closer to the time you have actually hired her for.
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

Agree, although it depends on the planner.  I think mine offered unlimited emails for Month-Of/Day-Of, but this varies.  I would only be concerned if your coordinator is not even giving you a "I am looking into this" response, but three days is still not bad as long as when she gets back to you her emails are full of info.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, mine has unlimited emails but I don't expect her to put me as a priority over clients who booked her full-service.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very good points.  Thanks for helping me put this into perspective, ladies!  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of my planner, apparently another Knottie emailed her yesterday and she is very excited.  Now if only I knew who this person was :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards