Getting in Shape

No real time for a workout

I teach and tutor full time. About the only days I do not tutor after school are Fridays. I go to a burlesque class on Saturdays for a full hour (a lot of fun, I might add) but I feel like I can do more. I try to hit the gym Fridays and Sundays, but can anyone recommend a mini home work out that doesn't involve any equipment (our apartment is tiny) that I can do on the days that I'm running around from 5am until 8pm?

Re: No real time for a workout

• A lot of people like Jillian Michaels' DVDs.. You could try them? I have a few, they're generally pretty short - I'd recommend the 30 Day Shred (30DS). It's about 30 minutes long and all you need are a mat if it's a hard surface you're working on (but I used one on carpet anyway because I got rugburn on my knees from pushups, lol) and some handweights, 5-8 pounds, I used 5 because I am weak!

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started doing Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer program, and I really like it.  It comes with a series of 10 minute workouts (that are actually on the tough side, unless you're already super-fit), and then a suggested workout plan.  You can do up to 3 in a day, but you can also just do 1 if you're not up for or don't have time for all 3.  I also like that, instead of being a 30ish minute workout (like most of Jillian's) it's three 10-minute units, so I can do one in the morning before work and then, if I have time, add 1 or 2 more when I get home.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Hi I noticed that you are a busy working girl! I commend you on that. I dont know if you are only looking for a way to workout or if you are maybe interested in losing some eight or even the ability to be healthy or stay healthy even, but I am a promoter for a new weight loss program that is really helping billions of people lose weight, get healthy or stay healthy. If you are interested in something like this please contact me. My name is Jennifer Bricker and my email is jenbricker02@yahoo.com or you can call me or text me at 989-745-2150 and I can tell you more about it and maybe help you with noting having time to get to your goals! Good luck!
  • I LOVE Tone It Up for at home workouts.  New workouts come out every Tuesday---  www.toneitup.com
  • I don't have any recommendations for cardio at home, but I did buy a dumbbell set and I do almost all of my lifting at home. It saves me time on the days I can't get to the gym. A lot of people on here are always talking about P90x and Jillian Michaels DVDs but I have never tried them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    Along with everything else that has been posted, you could also try Body Rock TV(Click)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • I thank you for all your suggestions. I want to look into a dumbell set, just to have at home. And when I say tiny, I mean TINY! There's like next to no room to really to a workout that requires a lot of movement--like I used to do a lot of dance routine workout videos, but now, I only have enough room to do things like leg lifts, push-ups, crunches, planks, and the likes.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I recommend Jillians work out. I try to skim through the warm up, because well, I knwo its bad but its like 7 minutes, so I try to cut it down to 3 or 4,,, and it ends up being a 25 minute INTENSE work out
    I have also started couch to 5 k, which is only a 25-30 min run the first week ,and i typically have been sticking to week 1.

I would also suggest walking whenever you acan. If you get 20 minutes at work- go for a brisk walk, if you ahve 20 min after work go for a brisk walk.

Also I really like this pilates video i did years ago, it was a 20 min pilates. I did it every night regularly and my body literally changed shape. If i can find hte name of it i will post it.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I work a full-time job, part-time job and volunteer for a charity so I know about 'not having time too.' What I have done is eat healthy, work out at least 60 minutes twice a day plus when i find myself at home wanting to rest from it all....instead of siting on the couch watching TV; I stand doing barbell and weight work outs while watching TV. I've lost 10 lbs doing this so far.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_no-real-time-for-a-workout?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:830566bd-6027-4ad1-9e28-8ca4c675a6f6Post:e94bd854-d5f9-47b0-8c09-eeeb58d67e9e">No real time for a workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]I teach and tutor full time. About the only days I do not tutor after school are Fridays. I go to a burlesque class on Saturdays for a full hour (a lot of fun, I might add) but I feel like I can do more. I try to hit the gym Fridays and Sundays, but can anyone recommend a mini home work out that doesn't involve any equipment (our apartment is tiny) that I can do on the days that I'm running around from 5am until 8pm?
    Posted by texacochick2011[/QUOTE]
    If you're not worried about annoying downstairs neighbors, you can do things like jumping jacks while watching TV, or jog/march in place.  I can relate to the lack of space for exercise.  There's nothing worse than starting a video, only to realize that you don't have enough room for the moves. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I did Couch to  5K, granted, you'll need outdoor space... but this program really worked for me!  Or, like PP suggested, even just going for walks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards