Canada-Ontario

Toronto photographer?

My fiance and I are having a lot of trouble finding a good photographer. I am contacting some through their forms online or via their email, but they never respond. Is there a better way? One finally replied after 5 days.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Toronto photographer, who uses natural colours (I'm not a fan of the sepia or washed out look), who includes the high res digitals, and is under $2800+tax. They must also have experience with winter weddings (i.e. great at handling darker interiors).

I emailed some I met and liked at the Toronto bridal shows, but they never got back to me.*frustrated*

Re: Toronto photographer?

• mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marta Tomsa
    www.martatomsa.com
    416-906-5864 or martatomsa@yahoo.com

I recommend her because she is very good and didn't use a lot of sephia/black and white in our photos but mostly natural colours. She is definately worth the money and is good at getting back to her clients promptly.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Joni Allardyce (www.joniallardyce.com) - she should respond within a day!  Don't forget to use your sticky vendor list at the top for many photographers already used by brides as a resource!
  • shaunaceyhshaunaceyh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

the photographer we are using is in Barrie but they're sooo nice and they travel. Their prices are really good and I love they're work! Plus there are two of them!
    http://www.millerellis.com/

• orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eric Benchimol
    google him
    we used him - he was out standing and can work within a budget!
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using jennifer at jennifer images and her rates are really good and I love her work!
    http://www.jenniferimages.ca/
  • DianneTODianneTO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to use Adrian at Black Sea Creative. He is really great and easy to talk to about our wants.
    http://www.blackseacreative.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Robert Seguin (he's currently on vacation though, so I don't think he'll be responding to emails as quickly). Rob@Robseguin.com

Our engagement photos will be happening mid October, and he has a quick turn around on photos.

We don't have a large budget though - we are under $1500 including taxes for one photographer for 8 hours, and our engagement session.  We'll get all high-res images, and I believe it was 100 retouched images.  We can purchase photos from him, but we were told it isn't necessary - we'll have the rights to the images so we can order them ourselves.
  • edited December 2011
    Carlos Cardoso Photography - we got our engagement pictures with him and loved them! All natural lighting and he is really easy to work with!!
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is Paul Cheney.  He's fabulous.  My fiance hates having his picture taken is is totally gung-ho after our engagment shoot results.  I met him at the Steven and Chris show, but he also comes recommended by Graydon Hall, which says alot.  His prices are REALLY reasonable and he comes with two photographers - himself and his wife.

Since seeing my photos, a few different friends have already said they want to book him.

His website isn't super up-to-date, but I like that he doesn't splash your private memories for the world to see like some photographers do.  You'll see he's taken nice winter photos.  My wedding is a winter wedding too.
    Visit The Knot!
  • hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sent you a PM :)
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are still looking but, Little White Dress is great. My friend used them. The also had a beautiful winter wedding featured on the Style Me Pretty site. Good luck!
  • We used NamNEe Studios. They are really good...we hired them for both our wedding and engagment...both photos came really good and their quality of the work is good and their price is really affordable. Very good quality photos and album.

I would recommend them for sure. Worth hiring them

They recently opened a facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/NamNEeStudio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards