Snarky Brides

Goodness Gracious

Re: Goodness Gracious

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:ec8a6349-c978-49ee-b8c6-8e6c3536d623">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : I never liked tomato soup as a kid, so I had my grilled cheese with ketchup.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>nom nom. I still eat my grilled cheese this way.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:0c2ae21b-f072-43c3-92a3-1d521e83f945">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : nom nom. I still eat my grilled cheese this way.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>See, Brandon thought it was weird. I respectfully disagreed.</div>
  • My family (mom's side) eats ketchup on EVERYTHING though. It's kind of gross actually. ha
  • Lol, yeah my step dad is the same. I pretty much limit myself to fries, grilled cheese, chicken fingers and the occasional mac and cheese.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:4a92f484-ff0e-461a-bc00-79d3a92c17e2">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]H hates tomatoes but loves ketchup.  I don't get it.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

My H is the same way.  Also he won't recognize anything but Heinz as ketchup. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Evening ladies.

My poor H has his colonoscopy tomorrow, so guess where he's been the last 2 hours?
    He's so funny, he has to drink a gallon of stuff, 8oz every 10 minutes. Everytime the timer would go off, he'd go "Oh goody I get to drink more crap"!

Any-I've never been that picky, but I eat things and do a lot of things I didnt used too. Your palatte changes as you get older, so keep trying things. You'd be surprised.

And I'm sorry grilled cheese and ketchup is gross!
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    Random thought:  I'm watching highlights from the royal wedding, and as they pan around the congregation some women look amazing and natural in their hats, and others look decidedly uncomfortable.  Also I'm jealous of their musical forces.

• Pish, it's just like grilled cheese and tomato soup, only...concentrated. =D
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I like ketchup but HATE tomatoes. It's a texture thing for me.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:220c7dd0-df69-4217-ba24-4069c08576d1">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pish, it's just like grilled cheese and tomato soup, only...concentrated. =D
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

NOT!
  • Raw tomatoes are gross but ketchup is awesome.

My brother used to eat ketchup plain, by the spoonful. That was after his butter phase.
  • I just had to jump in to say.... we grew up with grilled cheese with ketchup (put the ketchup between the cheese before frying) and it was awesome!  Everyone I know thinks that is weird. 

My favorite way to eat it now is with hot sauce and bacon....but since I am lazy...I usually still stick to the ketchup. 
  • Good evening. We just finished dinner and now we're watching the Simpsons.

My palette has definitely changed some over the last several years. I'm by no means picky at all but I had a violent dislike of blue cheese. About a year ago I tired it again and now I like it. I still can't get anywhere near eel but I think that's more mental. 

FH is slightly picky though and it makes cooking harder. I get a bit excited when he goes out nights so I can make stuff chock full of mushrooms or gnocchi or one of the other things he won't eat. 
  • Very late to the party.  My daughter and I went to a matinee at the theater and say The Lucky One.  I am such a sap, I cried at least five times.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:81950cd6-3636-4c10-af64-a7a926d5070f">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raw tomatoes are gross but ketchup is awesome. My brother used to eat ketchup plain, by the spoonful. <strong>That was after his butter phase.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I had a butter phase.  I thought it was cheese. 
  • Good evening.  I spent the day doing some cleaning/laundry and took my first final.  I got an 87 on it so I'm happy with that.  

I am also now going to have breakfast for dinner.  French toast sounds amazing.
    imageVacation
  • So FI totally ruined my French toast plan.  He said it sounded too sweet for him tonight, so I went with turkey wraps instead since I hate cooking on Sundays.  Actually, I really don't like cooking any day; I'm still waiting to become domesticated.  I'm not sure if it will ever happen.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:fee798c1-d5d9-425e-8db7-59af2b1bbd15">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good evening.  I spent the day doing some cleaning/laundry and took my first final.  <strong>I got an 87 on it so I'm happy with that.  </strong> I am also now going to have breakfast for dinner.  French toast sounds amazing.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Congrats!  Must feel good to have one down.  How many more finals do you have?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:b0c4998f-df22-4c87-a58e-1e44fbc32eae">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : Congrats!  Must feel good to have one down.  How many more finals do you have?
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

<div>I have three more actual tests and then one project that counts as our final.  This was actually going to be the easiest. I didn't even study for it.  My very last one is quantitative economics and I'm already dreading those two hours.</div>
    imageVacation
  • SEWFSEWF member
    I make tacos and sloppy joes and amazing baked beans. That's about it. I help H with pork chops and steak, but honestly, he does 90% of the cooking in our house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:7db843a5-3978-4c8f-a42b-1f720a9de05b">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had to jump in to say.... we grew up with grilled cheese with ketchup <strong>(put the ketchup between the cheese before frying)</strong> and it was awesome!  Everyone I know thinks that is weird.  My favorite way to eat it now is with hot sauce and bacon....but since I am lazy...I usually still stick to the ketchup. 
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>Now that's disgusting. I hate warm ketchup. Or the smell of leftover ketchup. </div>
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:37b22d31-df58-4ae8-bcf3-8432a499cf0e">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : I have three more actual tests and then one project that counts as our final.  This was actually going to be the easiest. I didn't even study for it.  <strong>My very last one is quantitative economics and I'm already dreading those two hours.</strong>

I don't blame you, my first econ course was also my last.  Bleccccch.  Good luck!

• Alright. H doesn't want brinner... so I'm making myself grilled cheese for dinner. power of persuasion, ladies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:9ddb528c-eca3-4e35-b79f-e25b1bb97f02">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : Now that's disgusting. I hate warm ketchup. Or the smell of leftover ketchup. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>I hate warm ketchup and warm lettuce.  Whenever I go out and have part of a hamburger left, I always have to take it apart if I plan to eat it as leftovers and I can't put ketchup on the whole thing.</div>
    imageVacation
  • SEWFSEWF member
    I don't get these guys not wanting brinner. There is usually bacon involved. What guy turns down bacon?
  • I can make tacos, an awesome bbq chicken pizza, italian chicken, and toasted ravioli. 

It's hard my cooking repertoire is already limited, and FI is even pickier than I am. He hates pasta and other textures he deems as "weird."  He also refuses to eat things that are white, including: white bread, mayo, ranch, etc.  He's weird.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:b1edace7-e68f-4655-a40f-1736206ea01e">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : I hate warm ketchup and warm lettuce.  Whenever I go out and have part of a hamburger left, I always have to take it apart if I plan to eat it as leftovers and I can't put ketchup on the whole thing.

Warm ketchup and lettuce are pretty gross.

Restaurant burgers are huge, so I usually cut it in half and just dip the burger in the ketchup so the leftovers won't be all soggy.
    imageimage
  • Oh, I never put ketchup ON anything. It is always for dipping. 

ok. Help me. Email I sent to a friend... 

So I found the taller, dark Hemnes dresser on CL (the one I want for our bedroom)... along with two end tables that I've been eyeing forever.  Dresser is currently $250 at IKEA and the end tables are $60/each... so $370 total brand new.  She's got them listed for $280 total, but says price negotiable. What's a fair offer if I ask for all three?

• mayo is banned in our house.

blech
  • I hate mayo. Miracle Whip, sure. But no mayo. ewwww
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards