Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance Thoughts

FH and I are currently debating between two songs for our first dance: Jason Mraz's "I won't give up" and Keith Urban's "Making Memories of Us"

We are just looking for some thoughts/opinions on these two songs to help us decide which one to actually use.  (We realize the ultimate decision is ours but we have gotten so much input and food for thought from posts before that we would at least like some opinions before making the decision).

Thanks!

Anniversary

Re: First Dance Thoughts

• Options
    Friends of ours used "Making Memories of Us" for their first dance.  Such a great song.  It's a lovely song with a good pace.  My vote is for that one.  I'm just a little Jason Mraz-ed out since "I'm Yours" has been a heavy first dance favorite.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My vote is for Jason Mraz...I LOVE that song!
    We will definitely be playing it at our wedding!
  • Options
    Hey! I love both of these songs :) I suggest Keith Urban for the first dance song, it's a gooder, and I feel more suited as a dancing song.... Maybe you can use Mraz somewhere else in your planning? For example: I plan to use Mraz's very same song during our signing at the ceremony... 

Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    Hey! I love both of these songs :) I suggest Keith Urban for the first dance song, it's a gooder, and I feel more suited as a dancing song.... Maybe you can use Mraz somewhere else in your planning? For example: I plan to use Mraz's very same song during our signing at the ceremony... 

Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    I think both songs are good. I lean more toward the Keith Urban song for your first dance... You're about to embark on a life together and "making memories" so I think it's fitting! Maybe you could still play the Jason Mraz song when the floor is open for dancing (and you two could steal another dance together).
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the input!  We decided we are going to use Making Memories of Us as the first dance song and just play I won't give up somewhere else during the night.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards