Outdoor Weddings

Beach Wedding in North Carolina

My fiancee and I are dreaming of a beach wedding somewhere in the eastern U.S., in August 2011.  We aren't partial to any specific location, although some people have told us to consider Outer Banks, NC.  The issue is, we don't just want to randomly set up folding chairs ourselves on a public beach; we want event coordinators to set up an arch, aisle runner, music, etc.  Can anyone suggest a beach/venue where we could do this?  Thank you!!

Re: Beach Wedding in North Carolina

• Hi there. Please refer to the sticky I made above about searching for vendors in your area. It is best to post this on your local board. GL!
  • Definitely post this on the NC board. There are a couple of brides who are planning weddings in the Outer Banks. Also check out NC Bride Bio. There is a link to it in my  bio.  It has recommended vendors from brides in NC. Good Luck!
  • I currently live in South Florida and have been to a few beach weddings. I would have to say one of the most beautiful weddings I went to was in Destin Florida. My friend googled beach weddings and found a wedding planner that she verified with the Better Business Bureau and the planner took care of everything from coordinating the marriage license to the entire ceremony. The entire cost for officiant, ceremony, license, coordination, AND photograpy was $1,100. The ceremony was beautiful. A large heart drawn in the sand and flowers scattered around, an aisle way was formed, chairs set up, and we all (the crowd) got to chuck a shell into the ocean at the end of the 20 min ceremony to wish the bride and groom well. I can find out information if you are interested 
  • I'm having my wedding on Topsail Island in NC.  We're paying someone to do everything for us as far as beach setup goes.  Definitely check out the Outer Banks board.
  • Hey!

I'm getting married in Corolla in September. You can do a couple of things if you want to get married on the beach. You can either hire a wedding planner for just the day of, or most of the ministers will set up too (like arches and stuff). One thing about having it in the Outer Banks is that you cannot "block off" a section of the beach, but I'm sure if you set up chairs and such people will get the hint.

Good Luck and DEF check out the Outer Banks board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_beach-wedding-north-carolina?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:35d45af8-7011-4e93-8f8b-fd16d617cf08Post:5807ee93-965d-4eb9-9130-336312b57074">Re: Beach Wedding in North Carolina</a>:
    [QUOTE]I currently live in South Florida and have been to a few beach weddings. I would have to say one of the most beautiful weddings I went to was in Destin Florida. My friend googled beach weddings and found a wedding planner that she verified with the Better Business Bureau and the planner took care of everything from coordinating the marriage license to the entire ceremony. The entire cost for officiant, ceremony, license, coordination, AND photograpy was $1,100. The ceremony was beautiful. A large heart drawn in the sand and flowers scattered around, an aisle way was formed, chairs set up, and we all (the crowd) got to chuck a shell into the ocean at the end of the 20 min ceremony to wish the bride and groom well. I can find out information if you are interested 
    Posted by km_waters32[/QUOTE]

I am trying to do a wedding on the beach in South Florida but I am having a hard time getting info over the internet and phone.  Can you PLEASE send me the name and phone number of the person your friend used???  I would greatly appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards