October 2013 Weddings

Getting to Know you...

Re: Getting to Know you...

• Screen Name: HisBabyGirl101009 Age: 23 24 in November Significant Other's Age: 24 What You Do: Veterinary Technician and studying American Sign Language What SO Does: Sales Associate at Best Buy and student majoring in Political Science State of Relationship: Engaged How Long You've Been Together: will be 3 years 10/10/12 How You Met: Music event my dad, sister, and fiance were playing in for the first time. Met his mom first and she introduced us. Wedding Date if you're engaged/married: 10/04/13 Real Babies: 0 Fur Babies: Well... I have a rabbit, bearded dragon, and 2 parakeets and together we have a 9 month old chocolate lab named Newkie Loves: music, animals, ASL, language in general, friends, crochet, friends, family, classic cars, fishing Hates: stupid drivers that think they own the road. Stupid airhead people that just act dumb! Pet Peeves: Hobbies/Activities: obedience training our lab, fishing, crochet, ASL Favorite Thing About Your SO: personality, his hazel eyes, our talks Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: me: "can you get my _______ from the counter please?" SO: looks without moving anything "I don't see it" Me: walks into the room, moves 12 items to get what I had asked for "it was right here" _ Describe Your Personality: Snark Level 1 [low snark] 10 [high snark]: oh, Idk... 46? I've Been On TK Since: got engaged in 2010 How You Came to Be On TK: engaged How I like my potatoes: with lots of butter! Preferably mashed :P Favorite book/author: James Harriot Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I had my hip replaced at age 20
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: Klyn1983
    Significant Other's Age: 26(27 in Dec)
    What You Do: I was a full-time student, now looking for a job
    What SO Does: Sprinklerfitter
    State of Relationship: engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: Since April 2011, engaged in November 2011
    How You Met: Through mutual friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 18, 2013
    Real Babies: We are expecting our first child late December/early January
    Fur Babies: 2 dogs: 30lb Jack Russell and an 103lb American Bulldog. Both spoiled.
    Loves: Cooking, baking, reading, the ocean, roadtrips, going out exploring with my fiance
    Hates: Stupid drivers, bad wine, when I work all day on a recipe and it turns out wrong, people who forget that the phone works both ways and get upset that they haven't heard from you yet they don't bother trying to get in touch either. (that annoys the crap out of me)
    Pet Peeves: Towels, clothes, undies, etc thrown on the bathroom floor instead of put down the clothes shoot. Stupid drivers, when people tap their feet or jiggle their legs repeatedly...annoys me so much!
    Hobbies/Activities: Baking/cooking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's my best friend and knows just what to say or do to make me laugh. :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has this nervous twitch and can't sit still without jiggling his leg! I want to tape it down.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm quiet and shy until you get to know me, I'm pretty easy-going it takes a lot to upset me
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): About a 4-5 usually.
    I've Been On TK Since: November 2011
    How You Came to Be On TK: Was newly engaged and looking to get ideas
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed! I freaking love mashed potatoes.
    Favorite book/author: I read nearly anything except romance or sci-fi, I don't have a favorite book or author...I love each one for different reasons.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm expecting my first child while trying to balance planning a wedding as well. I try to be as organic and healthy as possible, I LOVE to DIY. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: lmisiaszek
    Significant Other's Age: 33
    What You Do: Retail Management
    What SO Does: Chef
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 1/2 years
    How You Met: At a bar in Boston
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/13/13
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: 2 doxie terrier's (Sophie and Stella)
    Loves: Concerts, the beach, traveling, my dogs
    Hates: Snow birds
    Pet Peeves: Ignorant People
    Hobbies/Activities: Jogging, Craft beer
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has more patience than I do
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way that he clears his throat..it's gross
    Describe Your Personality: I'm very sarcastic, my bark is worse than my bite, I don't do well with conflict
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    I've Been On TK Since: I got engaged about 3 weeks ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: Engaged
    How I like my potatoes: Oven roasted
    Favorite book/author: All of Emily Giffin's books are amazing and I love Jen Lancaster's wit
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I refuse to be a fat bride and have been training for my first 5K.  I left my entire family and friends in RI and moved to FL with my FI about 3 years ago.  Neither of us had jobs and had to live with his parents for 9 months before we were able to purchase our first house...it's been a rollercoaster ride but a great adventure at the same time!
  • Screen Name: TinaC0410
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: Stay at home mom
    What SO Does: Site Supervisor
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 Yrs
    How You Met: He worked with my Uncle
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10-19-13
    Real Babies: (3) 1- Mine 2- Ours
    Fur Babies:  2 Tito and Chango
    Loves: Swimming, Playing with my kids, and Hanging out with my family
    Hates: Dumb Drivers
    Pet Peeves: People bitting their forks and scrapping heir teeth...it drives me crazy!!
    Hobbies/Activities: I just started working out and I love it
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he holds me. Like he never wants to let go
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he opens ever single kitchen cabnit to find something and when he finds it he leaves them ALL open.
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, Funny, Loud
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  3-5
    I've Been On TK Since: 10-4-12
    How You Came to Be On TK: Became engaged
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed and Baked
    Favorite book/author: James Petterson/ Twilight ( I know I know but you gotta love vampires now and then...lol)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I know my FI and I did this backwards having our kids fist but I really want a fairytale wedding.
  • Hello, all! I've posted a few times, but I've never really said anything about myself before. Here goes:

Screen Name: fschuller
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: I work security for now and after we get married, we'll be moving to a new state where I'll join local Law Enforcement
    What SO Does:he's working part time and going to school full-time, he's getting his doctorate in Physical Therapy...which reminds me...I'm marrying a DOCTOR! whoo!!! sorry, had to get that out there.
    State of Relationship: We've been together since 2010, he proposed May 2012 and we will be getting married October 18,2013
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: Crazy story. I was working a waitress and I received a wrong number at 1:30 am. I had just gotten off work and was feeling social. We talked for a while, became friends, and he introduced me to my husband to be 2 weeks later. He will be serving as one of our groomsmen. : )
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 18,2013. It's a Friday!
    Real Babies: none, but we've discussed having them in the future
    Fur Babies: We have a mini-weenie named Loki (aptly named) and when I get more settled, I have wanting a cat.
    Loves: While we're on the subject, cats. Also my fiance, working out, swimming, reading, my mom, and naps.
    Hates: There's not a lot of things I hate, but I dislike it when people say irritating things just to annoy me, I hate it when stupid movies get good reviews
    Pet Peeves: When the toilet seat is left up, bad grammar in an email, and that screeching sound of nails against a chalkboard.
    Hobbies/Activities: I covered most of these, but reading,swimming, running, watching movies/show with the FI, taking Loki to the dog park, and I think that's just about all the hobbies I have, other than wedding planning.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: There are so many things I love about him: the fact that he accepts me for who I am, he makes me laugh, he keeps up with my randomness, the way he makes me think. I guess my absolute favorite thing about him is how we can have a deep philosophical or political discussion and then immediately start singing "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: hmm, I don't really like how easily he gets stressed. I find myself trying to calm him down a lot of the time, but that is to be expected with a job and a trying class load. Not mention his father and his sister in law both have cancer.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm laid back, kind of a tomboy, also a bit of a hippie all rolled into one. I'm a nerd, too.  I'm a bit of a smart alec, but I am extremely loyal to the ones I hold dear. The friends that I have, I have had for over 10 years.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9.8
    I've Been On TK Since: About 2 or 3 months before I was officially engaged.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I knew a venue search was going to be the hardest part of my wedding planning so I started asking around early. A mother of a bride refered me to TK and I've been a member ever since.
    How I like my potatoes: Sweet potatos with cinnamin and marshmellows. yum!
    Favorite book/author: Haha, I'm not even going to try to answer that with one author or book so : Laurel K. Hamilton, Kim Harrison, Bruce Coville, Tamora Pierce, Jodi Picoult, Dan Brown, John Grisham, and Phillipa Gregory.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've been in the Army for the past 6 years, I recently extended for another year so my FI can share some of my benefits after we get married. We were originally trying to plan our wedding with a deployment in the future, but it was canceled. So, I'm not deploying, but I was hoping that my deployment would pay for a lot of our wedding expenses. So, I'm not an ARMY wife or a military bride in the traditional sense that you immediately think of, I am literally a bride who is in the military who is getting married to a civilian. Oh, and the FI's name is Jody. Which my coworkers find hilarious. FYI: "Jody" is the slang term for the man who steals soldiers' girlfriends/wives while they're overseas. Silly, but true.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fschuller~We are due date buddies! :) Also, I love how you were introduced to your FI...such a great story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: lollie424
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: insurance
    What SO Does: banking
    How Long You've Been Together: just about 6 years
    How You Met: through friends...at a bar
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Oct 5, 2013
    Real Babies: n/a
    Fur Babies: n/a
    Loves:  food, reading, Howard Stern, twitter
    Hates: jerks, cantoloupe, stress
    Pet Peeves: TONS
    Hobbies/Activities: hanging out with friends, reading, traveling
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: always takes care of me
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: hygiene habits
    Describe Your Personality: friendly, funny, sarcastic
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 10
    I've Been On TK Since: before I was engaged...he made me wait a long time!
    How You Came to Be On TK: Just wanted to look up wedding stuff before I got engaged but you needed to join to see everything!
    How I like my potatoes: fried....
    Favorite book/author: Matilda by Roald Dahl
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I am not that interesting...but I am 5 feet tall and my fiance is 6'5"!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Klyn1983, that is awesome! How did your family react when you told them you were getting married on a Friday? Also, did you know that at about 11:30 that night, there is going to be a lunar eclipse seen in North America? It was actually one of the reasons I decided on the 18th instead of the 19th.

Lollie424, I imagine that height difference was strange at first, but after 6 years, you must be used to it! Are you going to wear high heels on the big day? I have a friend who is 4'10 and is a bridesmaid of mine. She is trying to get away with wearing REALLy high wedges  (6" easy) at the outdoor wedding. Should be interesting. : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: <---
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Police Dispatcher
    What SO Does: Bass Pro Shop
    State of Relationship: Engaged to be married
    How You Met: OkCupid
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10-12-13
    Real Babies: None
    Fur Babies: Husky Puppy names Sarah
    Loves:  Good food, Vodka, and Shopping
    Hates: Rude People and Fake People
    Pet Peeves: People who claim to be religious
    Hobbies/Activities: I love to cook, bake, eat
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He puts up with my crazy
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: I have to put up with his
    Describe Your Personality:Social Butterfly
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8ish
    I've Been On TK Since: Today!
    How You Came to Be On TK: Engagement
    How I like my potatoes: BUTTERED
    Favorite book/author: Phantom of the Opera
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am the weirdest person you'll ever meet
    ** Masquerade, paper faces on parade. Masquerade, hide your face, so the world will never find you **
  • Screen Name: missglinda14
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Retail management by day, playwright by night
    What SO Does: Retail management by day, foodie by night =)
    How Long You've Been Together: 1.5 years
    How You Met: Online
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 20th 2013
    Fur Babies: 0
    Loves: Theatre, politics, cooking/baking, Audrey Hepburn, polka dots
    Hates: Politics, cleaning, ignorance, and hate
    Pet Peeves: When people try to impose on others freedoms in the name of freedom
    Hobbies/Activities: Writing and reading (all the time!), feminism, visiting historical places, getting the best deal when shopping
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How big is heart is
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How annoying his parents are! Lol
    Describe Your Personality: I'm very bubbly, slightly odd, and very much march to my own drum. I'm a bit naive and like thinking the best of people, which usually bites me in the butt!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Hmmm, maybe a 5?
    I've Been On TK Since: June 8th 2012
    How You Came to Be On TK: Got engaged the day before (I waste no time!)
    How I like my potatoes: Any way shape or form, but you can't go wrong with a good mashed potato =)
    Favorite book/author: Way too many to name
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I probably have more plays and books about theatre and art than I do regular books. I also have yet to read the Hunger Games or Fifty Shades of Grey!
  • Screen Name:JG&MD
    Significant Other's Age:30
    What You Do:Massage Therapist
    What SO Does: Manager at a Car Lot
    How Long You've Been Together: a year
    How You Met: Plentyoffish.com
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):10-19-2013
    Real Babies: 2 year old and 8 year old both boys I was married before.
    Fur Babies: we have 2 cats
    Loves: Reading shopping, college football, wine, spending time outside with my boys
    Hates: I hate snakes,spiders and a messy house and back stabbers.
    Pet Peeves:people being late
    Hobbies/Activities:crafts, trying new makeup products,
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How wonderful he is with my boys, and how happy he makes me.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He snores really loud!
    Describe Your Personality:Shy unitll you get to know me.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5 or 6 depends on the day
    I've Been On TK Since: See date by user name!
    How You Came to Be On TK: The Bridal show I went to suggested it.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed
    Favorite book/author:Matilda
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: It will be a destination wedding for both sides of our family.
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
  • I'm so happy to see this and other people being excited about their weddings in Oct. 2013 even though they are a year out.  In our friends and families eyes our wedding is so far out that it doesn't even show up on their radar for excitement but I'm excited!!

Screen Name: libby18bell
    Significant Other's Age:30
    What You Do: legal
    What SO Does: media
    How Long You've Been Together: Year and a half
    How You Met:
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/12/2013
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: none
    Loves: 
    Hates:
    Pet Peeves: negative people
    Hobbies/Activities: working out, volunteering with animal shelter, sports (playing and watching)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he won't let me stay mad and makes me laugh and loves animals like I do
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's stubborn
    Describe Your Personality: a bit Type A, a bit of a planner
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    I've Been On TK Since: May when he surprised me
    How You Came to Be On TK:
    How I like my potatoes: ha ha love this question, mashed with garlic
    Favorite book/author: don't have a favorite author, but my favorite book is Circle of Friends way better than the movie hands down
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  Not too much intersting about me, I'm the youngest of 3 girls so I just tagged along with the majority ha ha.
  • Screen Name: MrsDin2013 Age: 29 Significant Other's Age: 30 What You Do: Nurse What SO Does: Stays home for now State of Relationship: Engaged How Long You've Been Together: 11yrs in Oct '12 How You Met: Through a mutual friend in college Wedding Date if you're engaged/married: not set in stone near or on our 12th anniversary Real Babies: 6yo boy Fur Babies: 3yo Chihuahua mix Loves: Shrimp and babies Hates: Eggs and ignorance Pet Peeves: People standing in my personal space Hobbies/Activities: Knitting and reading Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he loves me Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: all these years...I don't think there is anything...? Describe Your Personality: Shy, softspoken, and a little nutty Snark Level 1 [low snark] 10 [high snark]: 1 though I can be quite sarcastic and snippy in person, lol! I've Been On TK Since: 2007 How You Came to Be On TK: Planned a few friends weddings years ago How I like my potatoes: Baked Favorite book/author: Victoria Murray Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm one of those crazy, hippy, homeschooling, vegetarian people...AH!!!
  • Screen Name: SoxGirl982
    What You Do: Administrative Assistant
    What SO Does: Restraurant Manager
    How You Met: From mutual friends at a 4th of July BBQ in 2010
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 19, 2013
    Real Babies: None yet :)
    Fur Babies: Tessie our spoiled kitty
    Loves: Red Sox, Patriots, Boston, the Beach, my kindle and Grey's Anatomy
    Hates: Chunky tomtatos, the Yankees, the Giants, and selfish people
    Pet Peeves: People who don't use their blinker on the highway and people who don't clean up after themselves
    Hobbies/Activities: Running, Biking, Reading, hanging out with friends
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How he can always make me laugh and tells me I'm beautiful every day, no matter what.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a messy guy =P
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, Friendly, always willing to help a friend in need
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2.5 ;)
    I've Been On TK Since: Have had an account for a while at the urging of a friend (Emily!), but never used it until we got engaged on 8/24/12
    How You Came to Be On TK: A friend :)
    How I like my potatoes: I'm irish, I love them every way!
    Favorite book/author: To Kill a Mockingbird
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I just stepped foot onto the field at Fenway Park over the summer. besides getting engaged, it may be the highlight of my life :)
  • Screen Name: texie1203
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: Call Center Rep
    What SO Does: Jailer
    How Long You've Been Together: 11 months
    How You Met: High SchoolWedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/26/13
    Real Babies: 0 for me, 1 for him (from prev marriage)
    Fur Babies: I have shared custody of my precious baby girl with my parents, together we don't have one (yet......) LOL
    Loves:  Animals, speading time with my sweet fiance, dog training, traveling
    Hates: Too many to list.......
    Pet Peeves: Too Many to list......
    Hobbies/Activities: Dog training, reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sweet, caring, loving, kind, adorable,
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Don't think that I have one
    Describe Your Personality: Very opnionated!! Sweet, caring, kind, shy till you get to know me, chatty when nervous.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depending on the day 5
    I've Been On TK Since: Aug 2012 ( I think)
    How You Came to Be On TK: Was searching around for wedding websites, that offered tips & such
    How I like my potatoes: Too many ways to list, if I had to pick just one..... Fried
    Favorite book/author: It's a book therefore it's my fav. LOLTell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Once upon a time I was a Prision Guard, 911 Dispatcher, wanted to be a private pilot, dog trainer (currently)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: nikole712
    Significant Other's Age: 35
    What You Do: Regulatory Compliance for a Chemical Company
    What SO Does: Accountant
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years in December 2012
    How You Met: At a bar watching Sunday football - we had mutual friends who were all meeting up to watch the game.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/5/13
    Real Babies: Not yet
    Fur Babies: an adorable Shih Tzu dog
    Loves: animals, wine, coffee, anything sweet, the beach
    Hates: animal cruelty, abusive people, rude people, littering, broccoli, clutter
    Pet Peeves: bad table manners - chewing with your mouth open!
    Hobbies/Activities: going out with FI/friends, going on fun walks with my dog, watching sports with my FI, going to sporting events and concerts, reading, working out.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most loyal, generous person I have ever met, he also is always making me laugh.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is not a as neat around the house as I am
    Describe Your Personality: Shy at first, but then outgoing and fun once I know you. I always try to see the best in everyone. I can be a little moody though :)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5 (depending upon who I am with)
    I've Been On TK Since: April 2012
    How You Came to Be On TK: Joined right after my engagement, I knew nothing about weddings and my friends told me about this site!
    How I like my potatoes: Sweet, baked, mashed, roasted, fried
    Favorite book/author: I read so many different types of books, I cannot choose a favorite!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: After many years of working in the same industry, I've decided to go back to school in order to make a career change. It's not easy balancing school, FI, friends, family, wedding planning, etc. but I know it will be worth it in the end.
  • Screen Name: aimes8609 (Ami)
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Legal Secretary
    What SO Does: TA at a school for developmentally disabled
    State of Relationship: Happily engaged <3
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year
    How You Met: Knew each other in school and reconnected over Facebook.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 5, 2013
    Real Babies: Zero (and keeping it that way for a while!)
    Fur Babies: Me: Taquito (Pekingese/Dotson mix) Him: Hurley (Great Dane)
    Loves: Puppies, Kittens (only when they're kittens!), Lady Gaga (don't ask :) ), STL Cardinals, Chicago Bears, etc. etc.
    Hates: Bad spelling! (SO is a bad speller but I love him so I look past it :) ).  Close minded individuals.  People who worry about others lives instead of their own.
    Pet Peeves: Same as ^^^.  Oh and Republicans/Tea Partiers.
    Hobbies/Activities: Just chilling out.  But I do love to just take walks.  That's when I usually enjoy having serious talks.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He's the type of person that if he likes you, he will do everything possible to help you out if you need it.  I think that's what I love the most about him.  He's a very caring individual.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Oh God the farting!!  He does it everywhere! lmao.
    Describe Your Personality:  Depends on my mood but generally I'm shy until I get to know you and can feel comfortable around you.  I've been called quiet only because I will not talk unless I know you but I will always answer you if you ask me a question!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Generally between 5-7 unless provoked then it shoots up to a 10 :)
    I've Been On TK Since: Aug. 15th (the day after I got engaged!)
    How You Came to Be On TK: Saw a lot of posts on Pinterest so I made sure to bookmark it when I was ready!
    How I like my potatoes: Either mashed or in little pieces with some garlic and butter.  Yummmm :)
    Favorite book/author: Literally anything by Nicholas Sparks.  He is such an amazing writer and I have yet to read a book by him I didn't like.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I fully intended on becoming a lawyer after college.  I got scared away by thinking of all the school loans I would have and the fact I couldn't work the first year.  I would like to one day still become one but I'm happy where I am now.

Our babies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: clementine529
    Significant Other's Age: 26
    What You Do: Home care worker for the elderly and disabled
    What SO Does: Lawyer
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: Two and a half years? I think? I'm so bad at dates.
    How You Met: We told our families we met through a mutual friend. We actually met online. I guess we can probably come clean now that my parents know he's not an axe murderer.
    Wedding Date 10/18/13
    Real Babies: None.
    Fur Babies: Phoebe-cat, a little stray we found last year.
    Loves: Books, wine, carbs, funky jewelry
    Hates: Real Housewives of anywhere, people who are unjustifiably smug, and monkeys dressed up as people.
    Pet Peeves: Bad grammar.
    Hobbies/Activities: Writing, reading, running (kind of).
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh every day. I always feel like my life is better for having him in it.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Lawd, but that man is cheap.
    Describe Your Personality: Kind of dry and sarcastic, but generally likable. I hope.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Usually functioning about a 5, but depending on the situation it can go up to 11.
    I've Been On TK Since: October of 2011.
    How You Came to Be On TK: We did a bit of researching on topics before actually becoming engaged in August of this year. 
    How I like my potatoes: Don't care, just get in my mouth.
    Favorite book/author: I can't possibly pick my favourite book, but my favourite author is probably Margaret Atwood or Nick Hornby.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My training is actually in social services, not health care. I took on this job as a secondary income and loved it, so I'm planning on becoming a paramedic once the wedding is over with!
    "In the interest of saving money on clothes, I'll prepare the buttered bacon choco-dogs." - My fiance in response to my announcement that I was losing weight
  • Screen Name: ltaylor713
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Internal Auditor
    What SO Does: Biochemist
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: through mutual friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/10/2013
    Fur Babies: 2 crazy cats, Rando and Toonces, both 3.5 years old
    Loves:  Puzzles, comedies, chocolate, a bunch of stuff
    Hates:  Traffic, country music, winter
    Pet Peeves:  interrupters!
    Hobbies/Activities: Zumba, reading, watching movies
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's a total bed hog
    Describe Your Personality: slightly introverted, sarcastic but good at heart :)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): eh, depends on the day
    I've Been On TK Since: last month
    How You Came to Be On TK: my friend recommended it
    How I like my potatoes: garlic mashed!
    Favorite book/author: Too many..I like a lot of different authors and books
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm pretty average
  • Screen Name: Stitch10
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Medical writing
    What SO Does: Child neurology
    How Long You've Been Together: Since March 2010
    How You Met: Match.com
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 19, 2013
    Real Babies: None yet!
    Fur Babies: Pending!
    Loves: Bluebonnets, rhubarb anything, and coffee with friends
    Hates: Olives
    Pet Peeves: When people clip or file their nails around me
    Hobbies/Activities: Knitting and other crafting, working out
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How he dives right in to any new project or goal
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He leaves his bottle caps on the counter
    Describe Your Personality: Quiet at first, with a dry sense of humor
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6
    I've Been On TK Since: June 2012
    How You Came to Be On TK: Looking for wedding planning info once we became engaged
    How I like my potatoes: Sweet
    Favorite book/author: Depends on the day, but I often come back to The Time Traveler's Wife
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: SO and I love to entertain, and our favorite events are make-your-own pizza parties (we make the dough and provide the basics, and everyone else brings any favorite toppings)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: vgarlin
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do:Full time student/Publix deli clerk
    What SO Does:City public works
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 years
    How You Met: Mutual Friends
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 12, 2013
    Real Babies: None yet
    Fur Babies: 2 chihuahuas and one dotson
    Loves: Pink, my mini chihuahua, shopping
    Hates: Cheese
    Pet Peeves: Rudeness
    Hobbies/Activities: Crafts, movies
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is a super generous and sweet person!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Messy
    Describe Your Personality: Realist
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): ?
    I've Been On TK Since: Just looking for a few years
    How You Came to Be On TK: Interested in wedding planning
    How I like my potatoes: All ways!
    Favorite book/author: Don't read enough
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I graduate in May. SO and I want to adopt children versus having biologically :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Screen Name: Rochelle041
    Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: Lawyer 
    What SO Does: High school english teacher
    How Long You've Been Together:  1 1/2 years
    How You Met: We met at a bar full of pinball machines!  I beat his butt at pinball, and he asked me to speak to his class about my job.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  10/12/13
    Fur Babies: 2 Chihuahuas 
    Loves: Cooking and gardening
    Hates: Rude people who talk politics.  So annoying.
    Pet Peeves: When FI eats all the cereal and puts the empty box back in the pantry!
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, gardening, drinking!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's the sweetest, most patient person I have ever met.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sloppy man habits.
    Describe Your Personality: Bossy but caring.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Depends on the day.  Sometimes I can be very snarky!
    I've Been On TK Since:  August 2012
    How You Came to Be On TK:  Got engaged!
    How I like my potatoes:  Mashed with garlic and cheese
    Favorite book/author: Catcher in the Rye
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  FI and I just bought our first house and we are stressing over trying to fix it up and save for the wedding!  I didn't think adulthood would come this quickly!

• DoodleyDooDoodleyDoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I'm excited to actually be able to post here!  I've been on The Knot for so long, but just recently got engaged, haha. 

Screen Name: DoodleyDoo

What You Do: Pathologists’ Assistant (PA)
    What SO Does: Security Operations Manager
    How Long You've Been Together: Two years
    How You Met: Match :)
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/19/2013
    Fur Babies: 1 amazing little kitty – much to FI’s dismay ;)
    Loves: SF Giants baseball, country music, cruises, iced tea, boots
    Hates: Cigarettes, the sound of heavy breathing, heat
    Pet Peeves: When people don’t know when it’s time to cut off a story/stop talking
    Hobbies/Activities: Going to baseball games, going to concerts, playing volleyball, reading, indulging in reality/competition TV shows… And trying to get back into working out so I don’t look like a sausage in my wedding gown. :)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I’m high strung and he is not, so he is the most amazing person in the world at calming me down and making me look at the big picture, and making me breathe, smile and be happy!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He’s very nonchalant about most things and sometimes I just need him to pretend like he cares a little haha.
    Describe Your Personality: Type A, independent, sarcastic, optimistic, hopeful, hopelessly romantic, a planner, indecisive
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I’m pretty low snark (in my personal, biased opinion ;) but definitely have my moments, especially given my tendency to be tightly wired and high strung… I’d say on average, 5 or 6.
    I've Been On TK Since: Along time before I got engaged, hahaha.  I used to just come and look at all the pretty ideas for years but made a real account last year when I knew my guy was the one ;)
    How You Came to Be On TK: Stumbled upon it somehow and found it fun to look around.  I’ve always been one of those girls who thinks about my wedding…
    How I like my potatoes: Baked! FI is OBSESSED with mashed though, so I’ve grown pretty fond of those too.
    Favorite book/author: This is hard.  I LOVE reading.  I love the Alex Cross series by James Patterson, but many people do.  I like murder mystery novels overall, but love a good comedy read every now and again.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  We got engaged on a country music themed cruise and our engagement was announced by one of the performers to the whole ship, and we got a song dedicated to us… Only thing is, we still have NO idea how they found out.  None of the friends we met aboard will fess up, so it’s a mystery.  But it was amazing! :)
  • Screen Name: nhkatie Age: 34 Significant Other's Age: 30 What You Do: Preschool Teacher What SO Does: Online sales for a motorcycle shop State of Relationship: engaged! How Long You've Been Together: 6 1/2 years How You Met: At a bar lol Wedding Date if you're engaged/married: 10/12/13 Real Babies: 0 Fur Babies: A 1yr old dachshund/beagle terrorizer! But, adorable and lovable 3 Loves: my friends, and fiance, reading, trying to be crafty and usually failing, but I love to try!, my job, and my dog Hates: the smell of wet peanut butter lol, and balloons! Pet Peeves: rudeness, and people who drive slower than me! Lol Hobbies/Activities: reading. I'll read just about anything. Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's just so nice to everyone! Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:His obsession with cars. Describe Your Personality: Quiet, until I get to know you. Snark Level 1 [low snark] 10 [high snark]: 6? I've Been On TK Since: I'm not sure.....2010 maybe? How You Came to Be On TK: I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's wedding, so I joined as a bridesmaid, and now I get to switch to the bride : How I like my potatoes: mashed? Favorite book/author: I really liked the hunger games, I love anything that's considered "chick lit", and a lot of my favorite books are kids books : Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Interesting? Ummm, I am scared of balloons, and allergic to apples, so there will be neither of those at my wedding :
  • jenphotochickjenphotochick member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    Hello!!!Screen Name:jenphotochick
    Significant Other's Age:24
    What You Do: Photographer, Optician, Student (photography major)
    What SO Does: Auto Detailer, and Student (physics Major)
    How You Met: In high school :)
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/30/2013
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: 2 adorable kitties! Enkii and Khali
    Loves: Photography, friends, music, car rides, art gatherings, and just relaxing!
    Hates: rudeness, lack of blinkers when driving, bad coffee, boring movies
    Pet Peeves: angry people, shirt tags sticking out, no signals when driving
    Hobbies/Activities: photography, working, going to school, facebook!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  supportive of dreams, caring, he can cook!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: leaves stuff laying where it falls!
    Describe Your Personality: fun, outgoing, creative, funky. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): like urm maybe a 3 ish. 
    I've Been On TK Since: this time... since like two weeks ago
    How You Came to Be On TK:
     I was here before like 2008.... and back again!
    How I like my potatoes:cheesy
    Favorite book/author: I'll try anything, but <3 stephen kingTell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm just me, Full time student, and full time working (2 jobs) Recently a first time homebuyer (yayyy for things breaking!) LOL
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: ahstillwell
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Cancer research nurse
    What SO Does: Technical support engineer for a large corporation
    State of Relationship: Engaged!
    How Long You've Been Together: A little over three years.
    How You Met: Protesting against Scientology.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/19/13
    Real Babies: None
    Fur Babies: Three! We have a Golden Retriever named Bellamy, a Llewellin Setter named Zoë and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Freya.
    Loves: Traveling, North Korean history, studying foreign languages, British comedies, spoiling the dogs, singing, trains.
    Hates: The overarching hierarchy of Scientology (but not necessarily the followers of Scientology), cleaning, talking on the phone, people breaking previously (and carefully) scheduled appointments.
    Pet Peeves: I seriously can't stand when people cancel appointments, especially the day before or same day.
    Hobbies/Activities: Singing, train travel, traveling in general, studying history, cuddling dogs.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's incredibly sweet, even if he hates when people point that out to him. He has this really derpy face he does if you say something lovey to him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He thinks that puns are the apex of human comedy.
    Describe Your Personality: Benevolently capricious?
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I take it to eleven.
    I've Been On TK Since: Whatever the date is over there on the left.
    How You Came to Be On TK: My friends and I used to look at the wedding dresses and plan pretend weddings before we even dated. When The Knot required a username to look at everything, we all signed up.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed. Forever mashed.
    Favorite book/author: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've studied eight languages (Arabic, Spanish, Latin, French, Japanese, Russian, German, ASL). I'm most competent in French and Japanese, but I'm trying to pick up German again.

• Screen Name: SimplyME22 
    What You Do:  Marketing, Operations & Communications Manager for a training organization
    What SO Does: Industrial Supply Chain Engineer
    How Long You've Been Together: Since January 10, 2009
    How You Met: Online
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/26/2013
    Real Babies: Not yet!
    Fur Babies: Brody, a 2 year old crazy beagle mutt we rescued when he was 8 weeks
    Loves: Crafting, outdoor life, music
    Hates: mushrooms, peppers and perpetually pessimistic people.
    Pet Peeves:  See above.
    Hobbies/Activities:Crafting, working out, choir
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He's so extremely supportive of me in every way.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't remember things very well, I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't fully listen the first time, lol. 
    Describe Your Personality:
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the situation but I try to keep on an even keel.
    I've Been On TK Since:
    11-25-2011 - Before I was engaged, but not for the reasons most people join before they are engaged.  I made a piece of art for above our fireplace and had posted it on Flickr, well when Pinterest started up, someone pinned the picture and it circled around.  Someone posted the picture on TheKnot (I found it through a google search) and was asking questions on how to make it, so I joined to tell her.
    How You Came to Be On TK:  See above
    How I like my potatoes: Sweet Potatoe fries are my absolute fav, but I also like them simply roasted with rosemary and parm.
    Favorite book/author:  Don't have a favorite, I read a little bit of everything. I did enjoy the Janet Evanovich series so some easy fun reads.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I was in a commercial for the bank that I got my mortgage through.  The first time I ever saw it, I was half asleep on the couch watching HGTV with my FI and I heard the opening song advertising the bank and then BAM there I was on tv. 
  • Screen Name:Sgreen19
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Going to school for accounting and payroll administration
    What SO Does:Works at a factory
    State of Relationship: Engaged and planning
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: We met through a friend, i was dating his friend a long time ago then we started talking on msn over a year later
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): October 26, 2013
    Real Babies:0
    Fur Babies: Our puppy Stewie:) 
    Loves: adventure, spedning time together, with family & friends, playing games, crab tempura/sushi 
    Hates: liars, people who act fake,  slow/ bad drivers, bad food lol
    Pet Peeves: when a restaurant brings me out food that i waited fr and its wrong or under/over cooked, and bad service
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, playing games, reading, 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can always make me smile even if i'm mad at him
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he cleans but forgets where he has placed things.
    Describe Your Personality: friendly, up beat, positive thinker, medium self esteem, i like to have fun
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): not sure  i guess depends on my mood
    I've Been On TK Since: before we got engaged.. i liked to look at pictures
    How You Came to Be On TK: found it on google search
    How I like my potatoes: red skinned garlic mashed potatoes with gravy!! mmm:)
    Favorite book/author: Danielle Steel
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love food and cooking, i enjoy speding my time with my SO and playing video games, I love just having fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>We share wedding dates :) and have the same problem with are SO i have been told its just selective hearing lol</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:02a334ad-3d0c-4127-890e-28184b2da51cPost:3bc64a13-707f-426c-94a2-e430df989f2f">Re: Getting to Know you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screen Name: SimplyME22  Age: 28 Significant Other's Age: 29 What You Do:  Marketing, Operations & Communications Manager for a training organization What SO Does: Industrial Supply Chain Engineer State of Relationship: Engaged How Long You've Been Together: Since January 10, 2009 How You Met: Online Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/26/2013 Real Babies: Not yet! Fur Babies: Brody, a 2 year old crazy beagle mutt we rescued when he was 8 weeks Loves: Crafting, outdoor life, music Hates: mushrooms, peppers and perpetually pessimistic people. Pet Peeves:  See above. Hobbies/Activities:Crafting, working out, choir Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He's so extremely supportive of me in every way. Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't remember things very well, I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't fully listen the first time, lol.  Describe Your Personality: Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the situation but I try to keep on an even keel. I've Been On TK Since: 11-25-2011 - Before I was engaged, but not for the reasons most people join before they are engaged.  I made a piece of art for above our fireplace and had posted it on Flickr, well when Pinterest started up, someone pinned the picture and it circled around.  Someone posted the picture on TheKnot (I found it through a google search) and was asking questions on how to make it, so I joined to tell her. How You Came to Be On TK:  See above How I like my potatoes: Sweet Potatoe fries are my absolute fav, but I also like them simply roasted with rosemary and parm. Favorite book/author:  Don't have a favorite, I read a little bit of everything. I did enjoy the Janet Evanovich series so some easy fun reads. Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I was in a commercial for the bank that I got my mortgage through.  The first time I ever saw it, I was half asleep on the couch watching HGTV with my FI and I heard the opening song advertising the bank and then BAM there I was on tv. 
    Posted by SimplyME22[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Screen Name: lplions
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: I'm an engineer(construction).
    What SO Does: He's also an engineer(acoustical).
    State of Relationship: engaged!
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years on Jan 6
    How You Met: his younger brother introduced us
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Oct 26, 2013
    Real Babies: not yet, but they're in the future plans!
    Fur Babies: I have 2 cats, and once we get married we're planning on getting a puppy or 2.
    Loves: God, sewing, baking, coffee, reading, serving my church, playing with my kittens, shopping, crafting
    Hates: calculus.
    Pet Peeves: people on forums who don't use punctuation, or post WALLS of text with absolutely no breaks. or add in ellipses every 3rd word.
    Hobbies/Activities: (see answers for "Loves")
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he compliments me indirectly.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: (see previous answer. :D)
    Describe Your Personality: Energetic. I've been called obnoxious once or twice... 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I try to stay at about a 2 or 3, but every once in a while, I spike up to a 10. (Although it takes a LOT to get me there).
    I've Been On TK Since: Uh.... I don't even know. :D I think I've been here for about a year, but haven't been posting on the forums until recently.
    How You Came to Be On TK: FI & I started seriously discussing marriage plans, and so I got excited. And joined TK (and didn't tell him until recently.)
    How I like my potatoes: Yes. I LOVE potatoes. I have yet to meet a kind of potato or a type of prep I didn't like. 
    Favorite book/author: I like my books like I like my potatoes.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: About 6 weeks into our relationship my FI told me that he couldn't wait to spend the rest of our lives together, that was also the first time he told me that he loved me. And, oh yea. It was on stage during one of his concerts, in front of about 2,000 people. (He was in a men's choir during college that sells out nearly every single show they ever do).

And I started playing an instrument in 3rd grade (violin) then switched in 5th grade (trumpet) and added another my junior year of high school (French horn). Played that and then picked up one last instrument (mellophone) all through my 5 years at college. 9 years of marching band and 16 years of concert band/orchestra.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards