New York-Long Island
Options

Winery Tours/Cabin Accommodations

I'm trying to find a winery tour for my bachelorette party, preferably less than $7/pp. I'm actually from CT and it's easiest for us to take the ferry from Bridgeport to Port Jeff, so something close to there would be great! 

Also, there's a winery in upstate NY that has cabin accommodations on their property with fire pits, picnic tables, etc, (but too far to expect my friends to travel for the weekend). If anyone knows of something similar in the area, please let me know! 

Thanks!

Re: Winery Tours/Cabin Accommodations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done a winery tour out east in a while, but I doubt you'll find something for $7/pp - it generally costs more than that to taste at just one vineyard.  Also, Port Jeff is on the North Shore in the middle of Suffolk County - it's nowhere near wine country, you're at least (at a bare, bare minimum) an hour away.  Finally, I don't know of any that have cabin accomodations like you're describing, although there are hotels and bed-and-breakfasts in the area.  For example: http://www.indigoeastend.com/specials-and-packages.html
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not seen a winery tour for that price they are usually more money.  There are also only b&b and a couple of hotels out there. 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    actually it would be much easier for you to take the ferry from new london to orient point as that ferry is very close to the wineries and port jeff is not.
    for $7 only? nope.  that's not even enough to pay for the tastings at most places.
    can one of you just bring the car on the ferry and be the designated driver? that would save you a TON of $ for the limo which will run a few hundred to start.

• Options
    kateroachkateroach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoops - I meant $70/pp! I was thinking we'd take a car on the ferry and then just do the winery tour from wherever we end up staying. New London is far from where I am in CT, but if that's where the wineries are, then that's what we should do! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards