California-Los Angeles

Where to find veils?!

I ordered my wedding dress but couldn't find any veils at the bridal salon that I liked.  I'm based out of Santa Monica.  Anyone know any salons or stores with good veil selections in the L.A. area? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary
Love is friendship on fire!
2012 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

Re: Where to find veils?!

• edited December 2011
    I bought my veil online from a custom shop called glamgal.com. My veil was a splurge,because it had embriodery with very specific colors and it was very long.  If you go with them, make sure you order your veil early(I ordered mine in early July and it came in September).   Another way to go is etsy.  If you have a vision for what kind of veil  you want or a couple of pictures that inspired you, custom is the way to go.

There are shops downtown that the girls on this board will fill you in on also, along with other places that they went to. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Candi Merle from My Crowning Glory- she does custom veils but they are very cheap. She can do anything, and for a fraction of the cost of a bridal salon. You should check her out!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my double tiered veil from Royal Accessories located in Downtown LA. It was double tiered w/ beaded edges and got it for only $35. I should have the contact info on my wedding bio under Vendor Reviews. GL
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My seamstress made mine.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my veil at the Erica Koesler warehouse in North Hollywood. They have some amazing deals there and they were so helpful.

http://www.bargainsla.com/bargain_finds/article/erica_koesler_wedding_accessories/
  • edited December 2011
    I second Erika Koesler.  I bought my veil and hair accessories there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I am the first of my friends and siblings to get married so I am lost on most of this stuff.  I really appreciate the responses! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another Candi Merle (Crowning Glory) bride here! We did everything via email and she custom made exactly what I wanted for $19 (plus $10 shipping)! Can't really beat her prices or talent.
  • kaylarbudkekaylarbudke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Winnie Couture in beverly hills had the most beautiful veil ever! It was a wrist length two layered curled veil with beautiful beading around the edge i think it was like $250. I keep looking for a curled veil but no one ever knows what that is at other bridal shops. It must be custom from the shop.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards