Hawaii
Options

Postage for Invitations

Hello Ladies,
I am ordering postage as I am sending out our invitations on Valentine's Day.  My invitations aren't here yet, so I can't take them down the post office to get them weighed/sized and since I am ordering custom stamps, I need to get them ordered ASAP.  Does anyone have any idea how much postage would be on a basic pocketfold invitation with 3 inserts?  Thanks for any information you gals can share!
-Jen
Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Postage for Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you have much to worry about.  We did a pocketfold, 3 pieces of 220# paper (aka cardboard), and RSVP envelope, plus ribbon & decorative label for 2.3 ounces.  You should absolutely not go over 2 ounces, but maybe someone else can weigh theirs and tell you if you'd even go over 1.  My guess is you'd be barely over 1 but it really depends on the type of paper/cardstock you are using.

Also make sure that you meet the dimensions, though -- must be rectangular, and max of 6-1/8 x 11-1/2 x 1/4 inch.  You'll pay more for square, and also more for anything that cannot bend through a machine.

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-prices.htm
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks Tanq!  I was thinking of getting $.64 stamps and was doubting myself thinking it wouldn't be enough. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait!  Ignore my previous comment.  I went and checked the link I pasted.  Ours were 3.2 ounces.  So yes, definitely go with the 64 cents. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks so much Tanq!! 
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about the postage but just wanted to say...... sending out your invitations on V-day is so cute - love it!!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Valentine's is when we got engaged too, so I hope to get them date stamped on the 14th, most people won't get it - but I'll know! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's brilliant - you should mail yourselves one just to have it postmarked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did prices go up over the last year?  I got married last year and had the standard A7 pocketfold with 3 cardstock inserts -- I used the 61cent wedding cake stamp.

Don't forget stamps for your RSVP cards!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I checked the USPS website and a 2 oz letter is still $0.61 -- not sure what the extra 3 cents is for on the $0.64 stamps (USPS's way of making profit???)

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_postage-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:a9b6f413-8b8a-4a1f-b611-4e18fdde5814Post:3893592f-cace-4c3b-9b82-db542dbc6a8a">Re: Postage for Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's brilliant - you should mail yourselves one just to have it postmarked!
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

Your comment is brilliant yourself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas, thanks so much ladies, I am ordering postage today! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards