Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh weekend checks (PIP)!

I'm back from my last pre-wedding trip to pittsburgh (oh boy) and we got a lot done.

First, we picked a cookie table baker - Potomac Bakery.  Now we just have to order them and the takeout bags/stickers, and we're good on our wedding "favor."

Second, we met with our florist (Val Brooks) and gave her the final list of flowers and some lace to wrap my bouquet in.  She knew what I wanted for the mantlepiece and pulled out a picture before I even told her! I really cant wait to see what she does with our bouquets/centerpieces.

Third, I had my hair/makeup trial.  I had a snafu with my original hair person (scheduling issue) and actually set up a hair trial with Brooke Rockwell's sister, Harbor, instead.  I loved it!  And Clare did my makeup the same day and I loved that too.  Some pics:

Can't believe that was my last trip! Hopefully I got everything done :)

Re: Pittsburgh weekend checks (PIP)!

• So are you using Harbor now?

We really are planning the same wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yup, going with Harbor!!

I think great minds think alike!  I can be the trial run for your wedding =P  (minus the wedding venue of course)
  • Congrats on the checks! Your hair looks really great, I'm jealous that you're doing curls. My hair is too thin and uncooperative for curls :(
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• MD your hair looks really pretty!!! Congrats on the checks :)
  • Your wedding day look is gorgeous! Congrats on a successful weekend in Pittsburgh :)
  • Congrats on the checks! So exciting! You look amazing!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to have it all done again on the wedding day!
  • Congrats!!  I want to do something similar with my hair.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • It looks awesome MD! I am wearing my hair down too (FI's only request in all this...) with my curls but I haven't figured out veil placement. What are you doing for your veil?

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks all :)

Sari - I know, It's hard to figure out how to do the veil!  Since the top part of my hair is kinda pulled back, Harbor said she would be able to secure the veil in that central gathered area (between all the pins and some teasing, she said it wouldn't be a problem).  maybe for your hair there can be some teasing at the top so you can secure it??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards