May 2013 Weddings
Options

Gonna have a cake check soon

We have a tasting tonight at 6:30 which will be bakery #3. We had one last Thursday and on Saturday. FI's evening schedule can be tricky depending on if he's doing baseball lessons or not and it just sorta worked out to have 3 in close succession. I'm sure I will be "caked-out" but I think we're ready to make a yummy decision!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gonna have a cake check soon

• Options
    Cake tasting is the best.

I see you are in MN....is one of them Queen of Cakes?  That's who we are going with.  The tasting was awesome and Terri was super excited to work on my FI's ideas for a wedding cake with a dragon sculpture on it. 

Oh, and one more plug - they are having some Friday night girls only events in Nov, Dec and Jan where you can bring 5 friends and for $25 you get appetizers, cake decorating lessons, and you get to decorate your own mini cake.  My BMs and I are doing it, I think it'll be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Cake tasting is awesome!  Have fun!  It was FI's favorite part!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_gonna-have-a-cake-check-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:a092d321-416d-4b5e-a332-9d523bd91db2Post:8f038409-f0b3-4943-a158-9f46d4c7de35">Re: Gonna have a cake check soon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cake tasting is the best. I see you are in MN....is one of them Queen of Cakes?  That's who we are going with.  The tasting was awesome and Terri was super excited to work on my FI's ideas for a wedding cake with a dragon sculpture on it.  Oh, and one more plug - they are having some Friday night girls only events in Nov, Dec and Jan where you can bring 5 friends and for $25 you get appetizers, cake decorating lessons, and you get to decorate your own mini cake.  My BMs and I are doing it, I think it'll be a lot of fun.
    Posted by bburkel[/QUOTE]

First was Buttercream (preferred vendor thru our food caterer). Second was Sweet Retreat. Tonight's is at Miss Sara's Cakery. I believe Queen of Cakes was a suggestion from our florist though. May check it out, depending on how things go. The ladies night event sounds fun though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister's MIL is giving us the cake ;) I'm not havign a cake tasting but I trust her with it LOL she makes delicous and beutiful cakes.  What flavors are your cakes?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards