Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thursday night

Re: Thursday night

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:c5ea2501-3025-4942-a702-3dc82911d68e">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think once it stops being 95+ outside I'm going to start walking again. Before the wedding I would go for walks to blow off steam if I was feeling anxious/angry/depressed. Now it's just too damn hot so when those feelings hit I'm just stuck. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>You should try belly dancing. It's fun and it's a great work out. Plus, H would probably like it too.</div>
  • So here is some entertaining news. I was flipping through my wedding photos on fb and realized that in one of the formal family shots, J is shooting the middle finger pretty clearly at his side. I cracked the eff up. I am pretty sure it's the one that is now a framed 8 by 10 at my parents house too. Hahah I have no idea why I have never noticed that. I am guessing a GM was saying something to him on the side so that was his response without saying anything. Lol oh man.
  • That is what it is, Lizzie.  But if you sell pretty much ANYTHING, you aren't allowed to post here.  Period. Like, I might work for a jewelry designer who might sell jewelry that might be occasionally worn in a wedding but isn't wedding specific jewelry.  If that were the case, I would be a vendor and couldn't post here ever.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:47660d33-b626-47f7-b48d-4ef31eeeae4f">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]See I always thought of the vendor thing as a vendor can't post an advert in a thread, but it was cool if someone posted about how they used a vendor and said venor was great, or that they'd recommend them.  Like in local threads...those "Can you recommend a caterer or photographer" type threads.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>That's very true. I will rec my vendors all day long. They were great. But you can't advertise yoruself on the forums. </div><div>
    </div><div>However, in relation to Sesh - if she were to start promoting her books on here she could be flagged as a vendor and be kicked off the boards. Which is why people say they think she PMed instead of posted the name of her books right in the thread. </div>
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:c5ea2501-3025-4942-a702-3dc82911d68e">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think once it stops being 95+ outside I'm going to start walking again. Before the wedding I would go for walks to blow off steam if I was feeling anxious/angry/depressed. Now it's just too damn hot so when those feelings hit I'm just stuck. 

<div>The heat makes it so hideous! I prefer to walk outside, but really need the gym's A/C lately. When I came home about half an hour ago, it was still 93 outside!</div><div>
    </div><div>Tomorrow night we are going to an outdoor concert and soooo hope it's not this hot. </div>
  • I walk my dog for 20 minutes every morning. Does this count as exercising? I like to think it does. I've considered running with her in the morning but then I'd need to wake up an extra 10 minutes earlier so I'd have time to change out of the gross running clothes and look decent for work. 
  • Musu - that's pretty great. 

Lizzie - you know, strangely enough I haven't thought of that. I might look into it. I'm already signed up for knititng classes but I'd love osmething physical as well. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:47660d33-b626-47f7-b48d-4ef31eeeae4f">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]See I always thought of the vendor thing as a vendor can't post an advert in a thread, but i<strong>t was cool if someone posted about how they used a vendor and said venor was great, or that they'd recommend them. </strong> Like in local threads...those "Can you recommend a caterer or photographer" type threads.

At the risk of sounding like the vendor hunter, someone quite popular got  banned when just that happened. 

Recommending vendors is ok, as long as they're not knotties.  Or as long as it's not obvious they're knotties.

That's not to say that I think that would happen NOW, but it HAS happened before. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • It's against the TOS for vendors to post here.  People have been banned for being vendors, even if they didn't advertise the fact that they were vendors when it came out that they were involved in the wedding industry (photogs seem to be most common I think).  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:3350cd18-9169-4841-8777-585d858c2125">Re:Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]So here is some entertaining news. I was flipping through my wedding photos on fb and realized that in one of the formal family shots, J is shooting the middle finger pretty clearly at his side. I cracked the eff up. I am pretty sure it's the one that is now a framed 8 by 10 at my parents house too. Hahah I have no idea why I have never noticed that. I am guessing a GM was saying something to him on the side so that was his response without saying anything. Lol oh man.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Dude, I saw that when you posted it a while ago, and thought you did it on purpose.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:a9349754-244b-445a-8ca8-9cc016a8ae6f">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is what it is, Lizzie.  But if you sell pretty much ANYTHING, you aren't allowed to post here.  Period. Like, I might work for a jewelry designer who might sell jewelry that might be occasionally worn in a wedding but isn't wedding specific jewelry.  If that were the case, I would be a vendor and couldn't post here ever.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I totally get the vendor rules. But if someone else mentions how super the product/food/pictures were?  Like if I bought a necklace from Jane Doe Poster, and told everyone how beautiful it was, that could be taken as a vendor post?  I guess that could be a slippery slope.</div>
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I think dog walking counts, Aryn. 

MuSu, that is funny. I wonder if your folks noticed?
  • I also think there is a difference between something that is completely unrelated to the wedding industry at all like being an author, versus being a jeweler, DJ, photographer or gift maker, which I know knotties are.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:ede4e508-d829-4099-bb4e-29145621a61c">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : At the risk of sounding like the vendor hunter, someone quite popular got  banned when just that happened.  Recommending vendors is ok, as long as they're not knotties.  Or as long as it's not obvious they're knotties. That's not to say that I think that would happen NOW, but it HAS happened before. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Gotcha.  Thanks for clarifying. </div><div>
    </div><div>No more title posting.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Hah any I just noticed tonight! My mom commented on the photo just now saying "wtf this is an 8 by 10 in our house!" hahahah
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:0c265025-2dac-4c0d-abc0-51c192c4991d">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I totally get the vendor rules. But if someone else mentions how super the product/food/pictures were?  Like if I bought a necklace from Jane Doe Poster, and told everyone how beautiful it was, that could be taken as a vendor post?  I guess that could be a slippery slope.

<div>Well, since Jane Doe works in the wedding industry, she's not allowed to post here, period.  Even if she never, ever mentions her business.</div>
  • I am off to bed too. Good night!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:6343fdcf-0882-4b6d-8648-1fd89bc3190f">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Well, since Jane Doe works in the wedding industry, she's not allowed to post here, period.  Even if she never, ever mentions her business.

<div>
    </div><div>I get it. I'm so dense this evening.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for clarifying, and Happy Birthday.</div>
  • Yeah, I think I better head off too. Later guys.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:6343fdcf-0882-4b6d-8648-1fd89bc3190f">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Well, since Jane Doe works in the wedding industry, she's not allowed to post here, period.  Even if she never, ever mentions her business.

<div>I don't really think that's fair. I mean, people in the wedding industry get married too, right? Although, I guess if you never ever mention it then no one will know and you won't get banned. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:add1b1cb-ef40-45ff-a50b-c80732ba59c1">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I don't really think that's fair. I mean, people in the wedding industry get married too, right? Although, I guess if you never ever mention it then no one will know and you won't get banned. 

<div>It doesn't really matter what's fair though, does it?  It's in the terms of service.  I think it's stupid, but I agreed to it when I signed up.</div>
  • So, H & I have opened our home to the entire fam (my six sibs) to host a big b-day bash for my dad. Which is great. We are expecting between 80-90 people. 

Gonna serve two different punches, one alcoholic and one not. Some Knottie had these two awesome beverage dispensers EXACTLY like I wanted, so I committed to purchase them. And, she's disappeared off the planet. GAH. 

The party is the 28th. I'm peeved. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:0c265025-2dac-4c0d-abc0-51c192c4991d">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I totally get the vendor rules. But if someone else mentions how super the product/food/pictures were?  Like if I bought a necklace from Jane Doe Poster, and told everyone how beautiful it was, that could be taken as a vendor post?  I guess that could be a slippery slope.

<div>
    </div><div>Pretty much.  That's what happened in the past.</div><div>
    </div><div>I know It's hard when you become internet friends with people not to talk about the stuff you do in daily life.  And there's a lot of crafty/industrious knotties around with Etsy shops and stuff, but for the most part, the ones that I know of are really good at not posting about it too much.  As a mod, I feel like a random mention now and then I usually let slide, but if I feel like a thread is evolving into a discussion of a knottie's business I try to re-direct and ask that links be taken out etc.  But if someone wanted to get picky about it, or the knottie ruffled the wrong feathers, it could get taken out of my hands.</div>
  • Sounds like a cool pic, Musu.

I'm off too. Still sick and stuffy so it's time for a shot of Nyquil.

Good night!
    -Tracy (not DileniN) ;)
    imageAnniversary
  • Well, that sucks, willy.  Target has ones that aren't bad for pretty cheap if you can't find exactly what you want.
  • Box Kitty just tried to lick my eyelid.  WTF.

I should go to bed too.  We have to be up early for a funeral, AND I have to work after.  Blech.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Well, no, it doesn't matter if it's fair or not. And I DO get the reason for it. 
  • Well, I'm off to go get a seat for the dark knight rises. I am not all that excited to wait an hour and a half before the three hour movie even starts. Midnight showings are just not worth it to me. Anywho, have a good night all!
  • Bye Leisel. 

I don't think there has ever been a midnight release that I've wanted to see. I mean, when I'm on a regular schedule I'm sleeping by then. I figure if I'm REALLY excited to see something then I'll see it matinee the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards