New York-Long Island

Need hotel recommendation

Hey ladies...
I'm attending a wedding in Islip Memorial Day weekend... any recommendations for affordable but decent hotels?  Not sure if we're driving in or flying in... coming from Pittsburgh with a baby, yikes!

Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need hotel recommendation

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_need-hotel-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:3b7448b0-b5d7-43b1-ba9b-069da80e7314Post:13404efb-6554-40d4-af4a-01847bf624e0">Re: Need hotel recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea..... for $240 a night.  Is that to be expected?
    Posted by eric and jess[/QUOTE]
    for memorial day weekend yes.

• No that is not always the case..My  wedding is on saturday of memorial weekend and I got a block at the Huntington Hilton for $149 for Friday and Saturday night stay.  If they guests stay into Sunday and Monday I was told they couldnt match that price..My in-laws to be booked the Marriott Residence Inn in Plainview for $139/night.  My suggestion would be to call around and see what if anything is available at this time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_need-hotel-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:3b7448b0-b5d7-43b1-ba9b-069da80e7314Post:38c000ef-907a-42cd-9f15-01419cdde17b">Re: Need hotel recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]No that is not always the case..My  wedding is on saturday of memorial weekend and I got a block at the Huntington Hilton for $149 for Friday and Saturday night stay.  If they guests stay into Sunday and Monday I was told they couldnt match that price..My in-laws to be booked the Marriott Residence Inn in Plainview for $139/night.  My suggestion would be to call around and see what if anything is available at this time.
    Posted by otgal[/QUOTE]

This totally. I grew up 2 towns over from slip and I never heard of a hotel for $240 a night. Ask the host though there might be a hotel close by she can recommend and proceed w caution the hotels on long island under $119 might not be reputable. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards