Registry and Gift Forum

Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?

I can't bring myself to put these on our registry because they are so expensive.  If you have them is it worth it?  If not please recommend your favorite sheets we are registered at Macy's and BB&B.

Thanks!

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?

• Totally. I have 3 pairs and it's all I'll ever use. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_hotel-collection-sheets-at-macys-are-they-really-worth-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:252c8242-e9d3-4fe2-8f09-973332ff6406Post:99f38e79-04b1-4957-89f4-8e2b9a5c77fb">Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have them but Macy's has sales all the time.  I bet someone would buy them.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

They are on sale now but it is still almost $200 on sheets.  I am very practical and that seems insane to me to spend.  We really don't ever buy ourselves nice stuff so I am thinking maybe this will be our splurge item on our registry since we would never buy it for ourselves.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_hotel-collection-sheets-at-macys-are-they-really-worth-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:252c8242-e9d3-4fe2-8f09-973332ff6406Post:383e8584-5897-4ae6-a5c8-0a6712527be8">Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally. I have 3 pairs and it's all I'll ever use. 
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

What thread count do you have?
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yes!  I love my 700 thread count Hotel Collection sheets.  We purchased them on sale and they were still pretty expensive.  If you have a Macy's registry and you like the feel of them then register for a set.  No one has to purchase them for you.  

If you're looking for a more affordable option, BB&B has a percale sheet set that I also love.  They're definitely not as soft as the Hotel sheets but they get softer the more you wash them.  I get really hot when I sleep (I'm always looking for the cool spots in the bed) and they keep cool.  The only issue is that they wrinkle pretty badly so if you're a pressed sheets type of gal these might not be a good option for you. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't tried the Hotel collection ones but I always use the ones
    Wiscisbliss linked to and love them.  The Charter Club damask stripe hold up very nicely and are soft enough for me.  I am now tempted to try the Hotel Collection ones but $200 seems ridiculous right now.
  • FI got them when he moved to his new apartment 2 years ago and will never go back.

We registered for a full set of Hotel bedding. And towels for that matter. They're really nice.
    June 16, 2012
  • I've heard they're amazing.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_hotel-collection-sheets-at-macys-are-they-really-worth-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:252c8242-e9d3-4fe2-8f09-973332ff6406Post:17a68523-c201-454d-a8b2-fb10032484ff">Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it? : What thread count do you have?
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]
    I believe 600, my mom got me for me as gifts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We received two sets of the Charter Club 500 Solid sheets at Macy's. They go on sale on the time and are great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They are really great sheets. Put them on the registry, if someone wants to buy them for you, they will - you're not forcing someone to buy them for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_hotel-collection-sheets-at-macys-are-they-really-worth-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:252c8242-e9d3-4fe2-8f09-973332ff6406Post:7fc4595f-8569-4854-a7bb-c5fa08463e73">Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes!  I love my 700 thread count Hotel Collection sheets.  We purchased them on sale and they were still pretty expensive.  If you have a Macy's registry and you like the feel of them then register for a set.  No one has to purchase them for you.   If you're looking for a more affordable option, BB&B has a percale sheet set that I also love.  They're definitely not as soft as the Hotel sheets but they get softer the more you wash them.  I get really hot when I sleep (I'm always looking for the cool spots in the bed) and they keep cool.  The only issue is that they wrinkle pretty badly so if you're a pressed sheets type of gal these might not be a good option for you. 
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

Do you mind telling me what the brand is for the BB&B sheets? I'm having the hardest time finding sheets at BB&B that have good reviews so I'm really conflicted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks everyone I decided to go with the Charter Club.  Eventhough we are not paying for the sheets I can't justify owning sheets that expensive!
  • We got the Charter Club sheets too! I added the Hotel Collection to my registry and saw how expensive they were still and changed my mind.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_hotel-collection-sheets-at-macys-are-they-really-worth-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:252c8242-e9d3-4fe2-8f09-973332ff6406Post:a75c1451-3f77-4d16-903e-a3bde0bfe9dc">Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hotel Collection Sheets at Macy's are they really worth it? : Do you mind telling me what the brand is for the BB&B sheets? I'm having the hardest time finding sheets at BB&B that have good reviews so I'm really conflicted.
    Posted by Jennifer&Nate[/QUOTE]<div>The only negative reviews I saw on these are that they're wrinkly after you wash them.  I'm a little anal about having crisp sheets so I tend to iron them (I iron everything) but if you take them out of the dryer they're not too bad (still wrinkly but I could live with that if I can stay cool at night).

<div><a href="http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=123412&RN=16&" rel="nofollow">http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=123412&RN=16&</a></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We registered for these. At first, we had the shock of "are we actually going to register for sheets that cost this much?" but, we figure, worst case scenario is nobody buys them. We love the way they feel, and they are thick enough that they would last long.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards