Arkansas

Anthony Chapel

Hi Arkansas Brides!

My fiance and I are getting married March 31, 2012 at the Anthony Chapel in Hot Springs. I was wondering if any of you have used this site, or been to a wedding there before? The director said it holds 160 - does anyone know if it actually holds more than that?

Just trying to get a picture of what it's going to be like. Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anthony Chapel

• jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Our wedding was there.  We had around 80 people and there was lots of room left.  I know someone whose daughter was married there a few months before me and she invited around 200.  She said it was pretty cramped. 

• edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, I hope it doesn't reach 200! Was your overall experience with everything good? Do they have a coordinator already in place or should I hire a day-of coordinator?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    They have a person who will work with your vendors.   She will not direct your wedding or do much with you personally.  She is just there to make sure the doors are unlocked and people have access when they should.  We didn't have our reception there, so the only vendors we had at the chapel were the florist and the photographer.  I never saw the florist.  My flowers just magically appeared in the brides quarters while we were out taking photos. 

Overall experience...  I had been told that they are very strict on the time, but my photographer had done a few weddings there and she knew that if you showed up a bit early, there was usually someone around who would open the door to the bride's quarters for you.  

The bride's quarters have rough wood baseboards.  If you get too close to them, it's easy to snag and tear your dress.  I got too close and ripped a strip over a foot long of the trim from the edge of the lining of my dress.  It was hanging from the front underside of my dress.  My mom whipped out the sewing kit and stitched it up.

The chapel is beautiful and I had a friend comment about it again last night - two years after our wedding.  I listened to the chapel coordinator regarding my vendors and I'm glad I did.  They have a list of preferred vendors.  House of Flowers and Special Touch Catering both were wonderful to work with and they helped me immensely.  The Hot Springs vendors all know each other and have worked together and with most venues many times.  Our wedding day went very smoothly because they all already know where to go and what to do.

I'll recommend my vendors to anybody -
    Hair - Mary Jane at Drab to Fab
    Make up - Tess from Glo Limited
    Photography - Kari Nichols
    Videographer - Michael Mueller
    Flowers - House of Flowers - Philip
    Food - Special Touch Catering - Joanne
    Venues - Anthony Chapel and the Elks Lodge
    DJ - Central Arkansas Entertainment - DJ Hollywood
    Cake - Amber Westgate - most gorgeous and tastiest cakes in Hot Springs, but she isn't formally in business anymore.  If she still does cakes on the side, you should take a look. 

Sorry this was so long.
  • edited December 2011
    No I appreciate all the help I can get!! We aren't having a reception there but I definitely needed some help with vendors!

Our reception is at the Museum of Contemporary Art on Central (the old Ozark bathhouse). But other than picking those two places thats about all I've done so thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm looking into the anthony chapel for next summer. FI is overseas so I'm trying to book everything before he comes back (don't worry, he's seen the chapel lol). I never thought of MOCA. Is it reasonably priced?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards