Connecticut
Options

I said YES to the dress :)

Hi Ladies!
  Since I am on vacation this week from school I decided to start trying on dresses this week.  After planning two apts. and reading over your advice from earlier in the week I was ready to go!
  I started on Wednesday after at Alfred Angelo in Manchester.  I know there are mixed reviews on here about this store, but I saw some of their dresses online that I wanted to try.  I had a good time, and got a better idea of what type of dress I wanted, but didn't find "the one."
   This morning I went to Something Blue Bridal in Southbury.  It was a totally different experience.  While I didn't find the customer service at Alfred Angelo to be bad, at Something Blue they were SO attentive and GREAT with everything!  Right away I was putting on dresses I was dreaming of.  I ended up choosing the first dress I put on.  I tried on about 8 or 9 dresses, but kept comparing them to the first one.  I LOVE it!
  My dress is a Maggie Sottero called Ambrosia.  http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3365

:)
Anniversary

Re: I said YES to the dress :)

• Options
    TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, very dramatic! I am in love with a Sottero and Midgley dress I found too! (Haven't bought it yet).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved a Sottero and Midgley dress too, but Mariella's didn't have it in stock.  It was called Teagan, fairly simple one shoulder chiffon dress.  I ended up going through with trying on other dresses and fell in love with a Demetrios dress which was more detailed.  I didn't buy it yet, and I was thinking I wanted to try on the Sottero and Midgley before making my decision, but I'm thinking against it now.  The next day FI's mom and I were watching Say Yes to the Dress and FI made a comment that he didn't like one shoulder dresses.  Since I'm pretty set on Mariella's I think I'll stick with the Demetrios dress.
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    and by the way, forgot to say...congrats!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that one!!! Congrats!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rainqueen044rainqueen044 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent event started....thats so awesome! congrats!
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!! Congrats on finding the dress! Mine is a Maggie Sottero dress too!  :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! That dress is beautiful.  I am going dress shopping tomorrow, I am very excited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I LOVE Something Blue!! I put a deposit on a dress there, but then fell in love with a dress somewhere else that they didn't carry. The owner was nice enough to let me use my deposit towards a veil. I loved them so much that I also bought all of my other accessories through them, and am having my alterations done there. My mom also ordered her dress here!! I went to many many stores when I was dress shopping, and Something Blue is the best service I received without question.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats. 
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is a beautiful dress!!!!  Congrats!
    Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Thats is an amazing dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! It's beautiful!! Nice check :)
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Beautiful dress! I also said yes to the dress this week!! So exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That dress is beautiful!! Congrats on finding your dream dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards