Snarky Brides

Anyone here?

Hiiiiii.

Making dinner and watching preseason football here. I've found myself doing some serious vacation daydreaming today. I can't wait to go somewhere with H and not have it be for a wedding. I am so so sick of weddings. Between Sept. 2nd-9th (7 days) we have 3 weddings, all of them in various parts of MI.

We're planning on going out west for a ski trip this winter and then who knows? H has never been to Boston which I think is crazy. And maybe somewhere in the Caribbean for our anniversary. I dunno, we'll see.

What's everyone up to? Anyone else daydreaming today?
June 16, 2012

Re: Anyone here?

• I'm here, waiting in H to get done with some work so we can eat.

I have everything prepped for this tomorrow:

http://pinterest.com/pin/222294931578209524/

Atticus is getting fixed tomorrow morning so I'm sure he'll be out of it for awhile. I have 3 onesies in the dryer so I can add the tranfers for grand daugthers 1st bday.

We cleaned up the basement today, drug a bunch of old stuff to the curb, and I spray painted the old mailbox that goes on the porch. We dont use it, it's decorative, but it needed freshened up and I want to decorate it for Christmas this year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    I had cake for dinner. I might still have some more. It'll make my run tomorrow difficult but I can live with that.

I've been all over the country, but never to Boston. It's seriously on my to do list. 

FI and I are still working on finishing the deck on our house we've been building all summer. It's huge and we got sidetracked picking out patio furniture instead. But really, we need to suck it up and finish. Just the last row of balusters left to put up then we need to put lattice around it to keep the dog out from under it. He's dug a few holes big enough to fit a ten year old at this point. Puppy loves the dirt. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:9e3c2fe4-c81f-45e1-bca8-09642255ab80">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had cake for dinner. I might still have some more. It'll make my run tomorrow difficult but I can live with that. I've been all over the country, but never to Boston. It's seriously on my to do list.  FI and I are still working on finishing the deck on our house we've been building all summer. It's huge and we got sidetracked picking out patio furniture instead. But really, we need to suck it up and finish. Just the last row of balusters left to put up then we need to put lattice around it to keep the dog out from under it. He's dug a few holes big enough to fit a ten year old at this point. Puppy loves the dirt. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Same with H. Been all over the place but never to Boston or NYC. Though I can't judge too much because all the times I've been to those places it's been with school groups. Boston is awesome..so historic and beautiful. I can do without NYC.

Building a deck is ambitious. Good for you guys!
    June 16, 2012
  • Good Evening!

The H and I went on a lovely 6 mile hike this afternoon and it was marvelous.  We're now plotting next weekend's excursions but since it's a holiday weekend we'll likely avoid state parks.  Nature isn't so fun when there are billions of people letting their kids scream and ruin the serenity.  ;)  So we think we'll head out for a day of golf and hit up the local apple orchard so I can get on some canning and pie making.

I'm surfing ebay, etsy, and amazon for supplies for a project I'm starting soon and keep finding oh so very fun supplies for OTHER projects.  My studio is going to be a personal pinterest.  Lots of little stacks of projects I'd love to do, but who knows when I'll find the time!
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    I took my dog for a mile walk. Not as impressive as your six mile hike. I'm itching to go backpacking and your hiking talk always makes me want to go more!

I'm also jealous of your crafting abilities! I can barely glue two pieces of paper together. 

What projects are you working on?
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Y'all are so good with your pinterest stuff.

Anna, I finally had some cake this weekend. It was white with buttercream I think. I normally don't like cake but I was a fan of this. Also, I love hiking. I wish we had some nicer places to do it around here. What you've got planned sounds awesome.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:120192a8-0c92-4eca-adf2-302eb1d7e986">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y'all are so good with your pinterest stuff. Anna, I finally had some cake this weekend. It was white with buttercream I think. I normally don't like cake but I was a fan of this. Also, I love hiking. I wish we had some nicer places to do it around here. What you've got planned sounds awesome.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

AL- Drive to Hocking Hills, best hiking ever, and it's gorgeous!
  • I've definitely got the hiking bug in full swing this year!  Usually I'd just go solo to do some bouldering or climbing too but it's been so nice that my H finally wants to do it too and is appreciating it!

Oh I'm not really crafty.  More of a bored hack. ;)
    My main project involves trying to make some hiking stick medallions like this:
    I want to make some personalized ones to commemorate special hikes we go on together.  I'm also on a paracord bracelet kick.  i made one and now all H's buddies want one too.  Guess what they're all getting for Christmas?

Aside from that, I've found gobs of little wreath supplies, Christmas cross stitch, and even some jewelry making supplies.

acaponi:  That cake sounds delightful!  I've been debating making one but my diet forbids it at the moment.  I might cave and make an applecake though.  It's fruit so close enough right?
  • That looks awesome KD. That'd be a nice little weekend trip! Have you stayed in the lodging there?
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:c90fe113-61bc-4bf6-a914-439dcd885fad">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've definitely got the hiking bug in full swing this year!  Usually I'd just go solo to do some bouldering or climbing too but it's been so nice that my H finally wants to do it too and is appreciating it! Oh I'm not really crafty.  More of a bored hack. ;) My main project involves trying to make some hiking stick medallions like this: I want to make some personalized ones to commemorate special hikes we go on together.  I'm also on a paracord bracelet kick.  i made one and now all H's buddies want one too.  Guess what they're all getting for Christmas? Aside from that, I've found gobs of little wreath supplies, Christmas cross stitch, and even some jewelry making supplies. acaponi:  That cake sounds delightful!  I've been debating making one but my diet forbids it at the moment.  I might cave and make an applecake though.  It's fruit so close enough right?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

You've been as busy as me! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get all this done.

Add that to the fact I'm cooking and I'd think I was nesting or something.
  • My FI collected a bunch of those medallions from a lot of the National Parks we've been to. He found a really cool piece of beaver wood from the summer camp we met at and stained it clear and put the medallions on. Very cool. Hopefully yours comes out really great and you can use it! The survival bracelets are cool too. I'm thinking of making on as a collar for our dog.  
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • <div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:d799e5d8-afd3-49cf-9536-aeb9b8e942c3">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone here? : You've been as busy as me! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get all this done. Add that to the fact I'm cooking and I'd think I was nesting or something.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Are you magically making a baby for me?  Because I'd take it, and love it, and make it into a fat and happy baby.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:f726390e-03b7-408f-96bb-4cb0280f62c0">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI collected a bunch of those medallions from a lot of the National Parks we've been to. He found a really cool piece of beaver wood from the summer camp we met at and stained it clear and put the medallions on. Very cool. Hopefully yours comes out really great and you can use it! The survival bracelets are cool too. I'm thinking of making on as a collar for our dog.  
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I grew up in Germany.  I've got a walking stick from when I was little that's just covered in medallions!  Unfortunately, they really aren't mainstream over here like there so I'm making ones to fill in the gaps.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:3939b188-a2cb-400a-91a4-47ffee93f454">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to  Re: Anyone here? : Are you magically making a baby for me?  Because I'd take it, and love it, and make it into a fat and happy baby. In Response to Re: Anyone here? : I grew up in Germany.  I've got a walking stick from when I was little that's just covered in medallions!  Unfortunately, they really aren't mainstream over here like there so I'm making ones to fill in the gaps.  
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Uh, NO! I will never do that again, once was enough. Plus, most of my parts have been gone for awhile. But, darling if I could I'd give you a baby!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:5ad6df12-ace7-498e-b15f-39b547a238f6">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone here? : Uh, NO! I will never do that again, once was enough. Plus, most of my parts have been gone for awhile. But, darling if I could I'd give you a baby!

<div>When we hiked Harney Peak, there was this gorgeous, so tall, built Nordic guy (I suspect Denmark) climbing the darn thing with a baby strapped to his chest (around 8 months I'd guess) and I was in awe.  I kept telling my H that we should strive to be that tough.  His response, "That's only going to happen if YOU gain some Nordic muscles because I sure as heck am not toting a baby up a mountain".</div><div>
    </div><div>He's still a buzzkill.</div><div>
    </div><div>But if you're nesting so hardcore, you can send me cake.  I'll take one for the team ;)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:62c16e8b-ceed-48de-8ab3-1614d07db546Post:eeeea615-3ce1-4bf4-94bb-7649a0e0f3ec">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here, waiting in H to get done with some work so we can eat. I have everything prepped for this tomorrow: <strong><a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/222294931578209524" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/222294931578209524</a></strong>/ Atticus is getting fixed tomorrow morning so I'm sure he'll be out of it for awhile. I have 3 onesies in the dryer so I can add the tranfers for grand daugthers 1st bday. We cleaned up the basement today, drug a bunch of old stuff to the curb, and I spray painted the old mailbox that goes on the porch. We dont use it, it's decorative, but it needed freshened up and I want to decorate it for Christmas this year.

Holy hell that looks good! And I have all of the stuff at my house!!  Making this tomorrow!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards