New Jersey

Please recommend your photographer $3k incl. albums

Hello ladies,

I need some help in picking artistic photographers like Angelica Glass, Wayne Yuan or Josh Lynn. I just can't find one that is affordable :/ ). 

Please help!

Re: Please recommend your photographer $3k incl. albums

• edited December 2011
    i used nicolem.com... not sure she would exactly what you are looking for, but def in your price range.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    www.seanpatrickphotography.com is who I used, 3000 gets you Sean second shooter, and 2500 dollars banked (choose what you want with that money) Like pp not sure of the style (I know nothing about styles) but he was amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Chris Jorda. We're paying a little more than that (and just getting one album), but we also got an engagement session.He's willing to tailor packages to meet your budget. And he makes you look pretty ;-)
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check Angela Pilat she did my b-pics and she's fantastic. I'm not sure her exact pricing but I think she's on the lower end.
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matthew Douglass Photography has packages around those prices and you can customize packages which is what I did to fit my budget.  I was originally looking for Josh Lynn like Photography and he is who I booked.  We also looked at Chris Jorda but he wasn't giving us as good of a deal at Matt.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using MirkaPhotographics.com.  She is very affordable.  Around 2K with an album.  She did my engagement pics and was very easy and fun to work with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have packages like that, include engagement pictures.
    http://www.jfphotography.com/index2.php
  • dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used louis schroder www.schroderphotography.com
    not sure if the style is exactly what you are looking for, but we got 10 hours, all the printed proofs, cd with the rights to the photos and a bridal and 2 parent albums for around 3k
    he usually has some sort of special going on with different packages...
    there's a link to our proofs in my signature
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Charlie from Krystle Clear Productions in Middletown. I've seen his work and he's fantastic and within your budget. 
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Semenick Photog. They are a husband and wife team. $3k gets you your album, 2 parent albums, 2 photogs for as many hours as you need, a coffee table proof book and a few framed pics. they are a little strange but take good pics.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jason Rhee and the package we got with him was just under that including albums, thank you cards, prints, etc.  We've had a really good experience with him so far.
  • jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would second Louis Schroder. He has a photojournalistic style (is that what you mean?).
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Abella - got all that you asked for under $3k.  I can't comment on their job yet - but a friend used them and had great pictures!  They really wowed me when I visited.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a thought -- have you considered the possibility of buying albums after the wedding with money you received as gifts?  That might be a way to make a higher budget work, and would give you more photographers to choose from (I think it may also bring Josh Lynn not too far out of your budget).
  • mayniladmaynilad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so so much for your recommendations!!! I'll check them out Cool

I personally want to do DIY albums but my inlaws definitely want albums that's why it is harder for us to find that is affordable.
  • edited December 2011
    www.kathleenhertelweddings.com

may be in your price range
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with Jason Rhee
  • mayniladmaynilad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

oh, Jason Rhee but he's booked already Frown

• PingkypopPingkypop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like all my favorites are booked :/

Please, please recommend more photographers within my budget...

Thank you so much!

K
  • edited December 2011
    Cody Raisig - $2k for all photos on a DVD and he puts up a password protected website.
  • PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Robert Wayne Photography (http://www.robertwaynephotography.com).  One photographer and assistant all day, unlimited locations, a 12x12 24 page Zookbinder album for $2500.  Our wedding is still a year away, but we were pretty impressed with his photographic style.  Don't know if it fits what you're looking for, though.
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with abacus.  For around $2100 we're getting two parent albums (a promotion right now or when we booked), an album for us, and his resolution CD with the photos and copyright (that was the most important thing to me).  They have good reviews on weddingwire.com, so we took a chance!! think they also give discount if you're a teacher or military.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards