June 2012 Weddings
Options

Inspiration for ceremony ?

My officiant is writing our ceremony but of course wants our input and wants us to edit things to our liking. She also has spots that we need to fill in with our own decisions.. like which vows we want to use or if we choose to write our own. She would also like us to choose two readings. She said they don't have to be biblical readings though I wouldn't mind that, FI and I were both raised Catholic. We need to choose 2 because we are each picking a Godparent to each read one.

I really am having trouble deciding on the two readings and was just wondering what you all have chosen for your ceremonies.

Thanks!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Inspiration for ceremony ?

• Options
    Genesis 2:18-24 and Ephesians 5:25-33
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I found a poem in a newspaper over a decade ago that I loved.  I cut it out and kept it.  I've always wanted to use it. It's by Laura Hendricks.

"Love is friendship caught fire; it is quiet, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection, and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Love is content with the present, hopes for the future, and does not brood over the past. It is the day-in and day-out chronicles of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories, and working toward common goals. If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you do not have it, no matter what else there is, it is not enough."

I had a custom unity candle made with this poem on it!
  • Options
    I went non-biblical with my readings just because every one I found seemed to cliche or over-used. These are what I chose:

Union by Robert Fulghum
    Blessing for a Marriage by James Dillet Freeman
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards