Missouri-St Louis

Rehearsal dinner - where?

We are out of town POG looking for a good food, reasonably priced place to host our son's rehearsal dinner in St. Louis.  Some place unique would be nice. We have looked on-line at the science center or The Bevo Mill.  Can anyone recommend or not recommend?  Any other suggestions would be appreciated! The wedding is at the Piper Palm House, so would like to be somewhat nearby.  Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal dinner - where?

• edited December 2011
    Since you're in Tower Grove Park you'll be really close to the Hill.  I'd call Zia's and Cunetto's because I know they have private rooms, but there are a ton of (Italian) restaurants with great food in the area.  

South Grand is another area with good restaurants really near by, but all of my favorite places down there are Thai/ Chinese/ Indian, so it may not be what you want.  If that sounds good to you, The King and I is one of my favorite places in all  of St. Louis.

Slightly farther away would be the Central West End, which I'm not sure there are tons of places that would accomodate a wedding party because they're generally smaller.

If you want to go all the way downtown, I have other recommendations as well, just let me know!
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • kooterthecatkooterthecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions!  How far is downtown?  It doesn't look too bad on the map, but I know that can be deceiving.  I looked at Cunetto's and it looks like they don't have a banquet room available on Friday nights, which we will need because almost everyone is from out of town.  But their menu looks very good.  We love Thai and Chinese, but not sure everyone would. I will check into that too.  We will be there for a week, so will have to try the King and I out even if not for the rehearsal.  I am still wondering if anyone has had an experience with The Bevo Mill for a rehearsal, as their prices seem very good.
  • edited December 2011
    Similar to Cunetto's (slightly better in my humble opinion) is Gian Tony's.  It's also located on the hill and I know for a fact they have private rooms.  We are doing our rehearsal there and the coordinator has been nothing short of awesome to my future mother in law (who is also an out of towner).

Sorry I have no experience with Bevo Mill.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Downtown is only a couple of miles from Tower Grove Park- you can definitelty do it if you wanted to.  My only hesitation would be traffic- if there's a baseball game or something on wedding day it can be hard to get down and park from 44 (the highway nearest to TGP).  

If you go downtown, I will recommend extremely highly Lucas Park Grille- they'll completely customize your menus, allow your guests choices, we had a private room and 4 private servers as well as our coordinator and a bartender.  They also let us bring in our own desserts.  They do as much local, seasonal food sourcing as possible, it was just a really phenomenal experience.  (this is an aside, but my grandmother had a heart attack in the middle of my rehearsal, and missed the dinner- they even boxed up food for her, my aunt and uncle and sent it with someone to the hospital)
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • kooterthecatkooterthecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll check it out.  Great to know they are very helpful!

• When is the wedding?  Bevo Mill would be great, but...I wouldn't recommend it for out of towners.  It is not located near anything else.  Therea re no convenient hotels nearby.  It is historical and it looks cool.  They did a huge remodel a few years ago.

Where are your hotels blocked?  Soulard has a lot of great options very near downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards