African American Weddings

wedding day hair, lotion, perfume?

Lotion: anyone know of a lotion that leaves a light "shimmer" of glitter. NOTE- I don't want to look like I need some glow sticks and techno music. just a pretty shimmer.

Perfume: What do you reccommend? NOTE- I got sensative skin. When I walk through the perfume dept I get hives on my neck and start itching.

UGGGHHHH HAIR. What am I gonna do!? I know i want my hair up for sure. I talked with the person who *might* be doing my hair. she said she wants to straighten it out. Only thing about that is I know i'm gonna sweat it out. :(:(:(
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: wedding day hair, lotion, perfume?

• 1) If you're worried about poof you should add some tracks or just wear your hair curly. Nothing is worse than the half sweaty /half straight middle of the night look.

2) I'm sensitive skinned too and I love  Chanel #5  and Goddess Flower by Carol's Daughter. Flowerbomb is great but I think it gave me blotches

3) For shimmer I would say use a powder brush and run some mineral bronzer  over ya. The mineral one wont stain your clothes or transfer easily.

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I think u r the cutest thing ever!!! OK... I got that out... Now...I really like ur hair straightened and pin curled... Its like a pin up girl.. Unfortunately I cant help with the rest..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey lady! Ok....

Jergen's Lotion has a shimmer radiance lotion that you could use. It gives a slight shimmer to the skin if that is what you are looking for. If not you could get a light bronzer like pp said and apply with a brush, at walgreens they have a body spray by Jerome B Russell called  Wild Hair and Body Glitter spray that is gold and silver. It is cold when it comes out but you can spray as little or as much as you want for the shimmer that you are going for. 

For perfume try scents by clinique. You may just be able to go to the counter and ask for samples of Clinique Happy and Clinique Happy Heart.

Now for those beautiful curls!! I would think that since it would be freezing cold during the time of your wedding that you shouldn't have to worry about humidity well at least until you get to the reception huh....I think you should do your hair straight like the pic and pin it and put the back in a pretty bun or what about this?

Or you could slick all of your hair into a bun and do this

hope this helps you out!

• i'm going to ask her about tracks. I've never had them before.
    I'm also going to try both the jergens and then mineral bronzer to see what i like best. (is that something i can buy at walgreens?).
    Where you get this at? I wanna go smell it! -- /> Carol's Daughter
    Casey- I don't really care for Clinique's Happy. I have that, not a fan.
    Nursing2u- Thanks!
  • I dont reccomend tracks on wedding day as first time for tracks.... personally. 
    Tracks can be itchy, painful, & give headache if its sewn too tight.  Dont get me wrong, I throw on a weave!.  I just dont know that I would let my FIRST time, be my wedding day.  Im 100% sure the hair would look great, I just dont want u to be miserable
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-day-hair-lotion-perfume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:34b111e6-016b-4b1e-b215-b2ea307c38a9Post:39a29e53-f341-4c9b-af87-b20be94abf72">Re: wedding day hair, lotion, perfume?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont reccomend tracks on wedding day as first time for tracks.... personally.  <strong>Tracks can be itchy, painful, & give headache if its sewn too tight</strong>.  Dont get me wrong, I throw on a weave!.  I just dont know that I would let my FIRST time, be my wedding day.  Im 100% sure the hair would look great, I just dont want u to be miserable
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

Thanks Happy. I think i'll skip the tracks lol!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-day-hair-lotion-perfume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:34b111e6-016b-4b1e-b215-b2ea307c38a9Post:81aa0c69-621c-45dd-89c5-6187e1df72e8">Re: wedding day hair, lotion, perfume?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding day hair, lotion, perfume? : Thanks Happy. I think i'll skip the tracks lol!
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

If you want to do it, I'd reccomend a trial first.  Different people feel very differently about tracks.  Some people absolutely cant take them, some dont mind. and some love them so much they will tap their heads like monkeys and stick all types of pencil shaped objects in their heads to scratch all day long because they feel the look is worth it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welp sorry you don't like Clinique...You can try Carol's daughters at Dillards. The jergens shimmer lotion you can get at walmart or target.
  • Hayyyy Cutie! *that is all*......I'm soooo no help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • I love your natural curly hair! Just rock it like that with one of those really cute sparkly hair pieces.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-day-hair-lotion-perfume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:34b111e6-016b-4b1e-b215-b2ea307c38a9Post:5aa901a1-99e9-46cf-82f2-8be1c847b363">Re: wedding day hair, lotion, perfume?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your natural curly hair! Just rock it like that with one of those really cute sparkly hair pieces.
    Posted by TL25[/QUOTE]

or a flower even.  I agree
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree about loving your natural hair. I just thought your were set on straigthnening. I also agree with happy but I think if she put the tracks in a week before and just styles it for wedding day you'll be more than ok.

CD is sold at Macy's, Dillards, and Sephora
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited September 2012
    1.  lotion - not sure if this is what case meant but I tried this one, it's awesome, it makes you look like you're preserving a tan, actually the one I had may be in a darker (more copper than bronze colored) tube.  but if you can't find it in walgreens, drugstore.com

2. perfume - kenzo and calvin klein make 2 of my fave scents of all ever.   escape is my everyday, really nice without overpowering.    kenzo's scent is called flower.  don't invest in a whole bottle, ebay sample sizes.

3.  hair - i'll say what mery said.  I'm a weavenista but I wouldn't try to play with that ON the day or the day before if you're not accustomed.   try it out for a look you're willing to rock right now.
  • <div>Thats exactly what I was talking about!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-day-hair-lotion-perfume?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:34b111e6-016b-4b1e-b215-b2ea307c38a9Post:758f3ea3-9465-40fd-be7e-f24beeabb722">Re: wedding day hair, lotion, perfume?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  lotion - not sure if this is what case meant but I tried this one, it's awesome, it makes you look like you're preserving a tan, actually the one I had may be in a darker (more copper than bronze colored) tube.  but if you can't find it in walgreens, drugstore.com 2. perfume - kenzo and calvin klein make 2 of my fave scents of all ever.   escape is my everyday, really nice without overpowering.    kenzo's scent is called flower.  don't invest in a whole bottle, ebay sample sizes. 3.  hair - i'll say what mery said.  I'm a weavenista but I wouldn't try to play with that ON the day or the day before if you're not accustomed.   try it out for a look you're willing to rock right now.
    Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards