Ohio-Columbus
Options

Mary Kay Giveaway??? Legit?

So I got a call a month or so ago saying I had won a free facial and makeover for me and five friends. I never called back. Then yesterday, I got a text message saying it again. But it was a text from a regular (614) number. So I texted back to see if it was a real person and had an entire conversation with the girl. Everything seems legit and she assures me that there are no costs or hidden fees. Anyone else have any experience with this??

Re: Mary Kay Giveaway??? Legit?

• Options
    I've gotten calls from probably 6 different Mary Kay people always telling me I won a free pampering session. They buy your information from dress places, bridal shows, etc. I have never accepted because frankly, I don't agree with any company that allows their salespeople to call and harrass you multiple times per day. However, it may be legit and their way to try to sell you more of their crap.
  • Options
    I mean its just a sales pitch. They'll use all their products on you, then hopefully you'll buy something.  I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.
  • Options
    i had someone call saying the same thing, only they said it was from Wendy's Bridal. Thought it would be fun, except none of my bridesmaids live in  Ohio except the one who didn't want to do it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    abt87abt87 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I sell Mary Kay so either the consultant got your # from bridal salon, or you were a referral from one of your friends.  Obviously when I do parties I hope someone buys something (usually they do!) but it is definitely not necessary.  I personally have a lot of fun doing them as a consultant as well as the customers. But don't feel pressured to buy anything if you don't want to.  As a host, you should get a free gift, and maybe a percentage off from the products. Try it out!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_mary-kay-giveaway-legit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:a3f862e2-50d9-4fac-b0a7-cfb3a2727839Post:0b06bbbf-5fe2-4357-b9f3-c21a5285619a">Mary Kay Giveaway??? Legit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I got a call a month or so ago saying I had won a free facial and makeover for me and five friends. I never called back. Then yesterday, I got a text message saying it again. But it was a text from a regular (614) number. So I texted back to see if it was a real person and had an entire conversation with the girl. Everything seems legit and she assures me that there are no costs or hidden fees. Anyone else have any experience with this??
    Posted by MrsColeman2012[/QUOTE]

this is totallay legit! I am a consultant and i love to help brides with their makeup. i even will come the day of the wedding and do your makeup and the bridesmaids too. This is our way of introducing woman to our products free of charge and in the privacy of your home or ours. There is no obligation to purchase i know i just ask that you have a good time. It is a fabulous product that is not available in stores and with free makeup application training too. If you go to a salon for your wedding day you'll pay 30 to 100.00 maybe even more. so go for it and give it a try.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_mary-kay-giveaway-legit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:a3f862e2-50d9-4fac-b0a7-cfb3a2727839Post:0b06bbbf-5fe2-4357-b9f3-c21a5285619a">Mary Kay Giveaway??? Legit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I got a call a month or so ago saying I had won a free facial and makeover for me and five friends. I never called back. Then yesterday, I got a text message saying it again. But it was a text from a regular (614) number. So I texted back to see if it was a real person and had an entire conversation with the girl. Everything seems legit and she assures me that there are no costs or hidden fees. Anyone else have any experience with this??
    Posted by MrsColeman2012[/QUOTE]

this is totallay legit! I am a consultant and i love to help brides with their makeup. i even will come the day of the wedding and do your makeup and the bridesmaids too. This is our way of introducing woman to our products free of charge and in the privacy of your home or ours. There is no obligation to purchase i know i just ask that you have a good time. It is a fabulous product that is not available in stores and with free makeup application training too. If you go to a salon for your wedding day you'll pay 30 to 100.00 maybe even more. so go for it and give it a try.
  • Options
    this is totally legit. try it . it is mary kay cosm way of teaching women how to apply makeup and what type is best for their skintype. We aren't in stores so free facials are the only way to try it. No obligation to purchase. I know i love to do brides and wedding parties because it is always so much fun. WE try different looks for you wedding day until you get the look you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards