Louisiana-New Orleans

Any Royal Sonesta brides?

I was just curious if any of you are having your ceremony or reception at the Royal Sonesta. We are having our reception there and their "wedding coordinator" Wyeth is not very coordinated. She is about to make me go bridezilla! Just wondering if anyone else has been dealing with her unresponsiveness.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any Royal Sonesta brides?

• There have been some other posts about their coordinator in the past, but I think most brides have said she did an excellent job on the day of the wedding.  Is there anyone else in that office that you can coordinate with?
  • I'm also another R.S. bride - both ceremony and reception there. It has been hard to get answers on things, but I have heard every thing goes well on your wedding day. I'm just curious if you're using a DJ have you found one? I asked for recommendations and no response.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_any-royal-sonesta-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:e64778f4-0612-4946-8a11-a9919c71b22bPost:7ccb2369-8296-4759-8be3-3382eb29cd35">Re: Any Royal Sonesta brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also another R.S. bride - both ceremony and reception there. It has been hard to get answers on things, but I have heard every thing goes well on your wedding day. I'm just curious if you're using a DJ have you found one? I asked for recommendations and no response.
    Posted by mtyler24[/QUOTE]

I hope so...it's kind of frustrating isn't it?! Wyeth provided me with a preferred vendor list, but not until I asked her for it a few times. We didn't go with one on the list, because we felt they were too expensive. We decided to use Crescent City DJs instead. He has been good to work with so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's not you!!! Wyeth sucks! I sure hope she is better with her day of services, cause her pre-wedding coordination leaves MUCH to be desired. Phone calls seem to be the way to go with her. She's got some aversion to email. Hell I just wrote her on 7/12 and got an OOTO message from the week of 7/5. Good luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_any-royal-sonesta-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:e64778f4-0612-4946-8a11-a9919c71b22bPost:f8cf1e51-01b6-491d-9708-e55d9e92391c">Re: Any Royal Sonesta brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not you!!! Wyeth sucks! I sure hope she is better with her day of services, cause her pre-wedding coordination leaves MUCH to be desired. Phone calls seem to be the way to go with her. She's got some aversion to email. Hell I just wrote her on 7/12 and got an OOTO message from the week of 7/5. Good luck!
    Posted by redhotmamafromla[/QUOTE]
  • I just met with her today.  She crushed her wrist on vacation!  I prefer phone calls to email anyway
  • Oh my god that's awful. She did get back to me and mentioned that she had a medical emergency.
  • Egads. I'm meeting with Wyeth in a few weeks as my groom and I are traveling to New Orleans for a single night to ideally lock down and secure a venue for our May nuptials.  Royal Sonesta is thus far one of the few venues that I'm meeting, and since we're from out of state, well, yes...it IS a tall order!  

My question, though, is:  since there are seemingly zero price estimations on the Royal Sonesta web site (that I've located), I'd like to go into my appointment with Wyeth a bit eyes-open; with few hours in town to secure a venue, I don't have time to waste, nor would want to waste Wyeth's time (when it sounds like she's limited on it!).  Can anyone tell me if there's a overall cost minimum for Royal Sonesta weddings?  Or, is there a set ceremony space rental cost, aside from reception associated costs?  I'd just like a ballpark if anyone can share.  Our guest list is less than fifty.  Merci!
  • I just toured several spaces at the Royal Sonesta on Friday, July 27th, and loved it!  As far as price point what did you have in mind?  I felt their menu was awesome, and there is no venue "rental fee" or hidden "set up fee" for a reception if you meet the food and beverage minimums.  (There is a fee to set up for a ceremony)

The food and beverage minimums I was quoted ranged from $8,000 to $25,000, so it really depends on you and how big you want to do it.  They have an onsite pastry chef, and they do allow you to use your wedding cake & grooms cake towards the minimum so that helps.  I found their food to be very reasonable & super tasty.

I am also a destination bride and my mom and I had two days to go to all the places we researched- my tip:  MAKE APPOINTMENTS with the coordinators of each place & keep a spreadsheet of everything!  One place might seem like a better deal until you read the fine print of the packages... i.e. set up fees, chair rental fees, cake not included, venue rental fees, overpriced bar, etc. Also many venues have big differences in minimums depending on the day of the week.

Good luck!
  • I can't figure out if Royal Sonesta has a spa on-site, based on their web site.  We are staying there for our wedding weekend and I need to set up hair and make-up for me and my girls.  Can any of you recommend a spa/salon French Quarter location that's convenient and reputable (but won't break the bank)?  Thanks!
  • I just thought it only fair to report that Wyeth has a new coordinator, and plans have been going along much more smoothly.

She's still not a big fan of email -- and I'm not really for wedding planning.  It seems too impersonal.  When I schedule a call with Wyeth - she never misses and she gives me a great deal of time.

We were at the hotel recently on a Sunday for brunch and ran into a couple that had gotten married the day before.  They said their wedding and recepton were perfect and that Wyeth and her staff TOTALLY DELIVERED!  No worries, food was delish and the event went on without a hitch.

I can't wait for my wedding in November!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards