October 2012 Weddings

Honest opinions on wedding dress

Please excuse my face...this is the worst picture ever.

I am having some dress regret. Please give me honest opinions. I guess it not so much regret, but wondering if I could find something better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Honest opinions on wedding dress

• I think its a beautiful dress! Do you think you'll feel better about it when the look is complete jewelry, makeup, hair done? At my last few fittings had these early, long story I haven't felt 100 in love with my dress but I know I wouldn't pick any other one. I just think I need to see it when I'm as dressed up as my dress is, if that makes sense, and not when its the middle of a regular day.
  • I think it's a beautiful dress and looks wonderful on you. Is there a particular aspect of it you're rethinking?  Could you afford to buy a whole other dress? Have you figured out what jewelry you're wearing?  It definately needs a necklace of some sort.  Unless you've spotted a dress that you definitely love more, I wouldn't worry about it.  You're going to be beautiful on your wedding day.  That being said, if you don't hate it, don't go out looking at other dresses.  You'll just end up doubting your decision even more. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think that it is a beautiful, elegant dress. Do you think you would feel better about it when your hair is done and you have jewelry and all that? What do you think this dress is missing that you would find in another dress?
  • Firs of all, you are so pretty and cute that you are going to look fabulous in whatever dress you have.

I think part of it is maybe like PP suggested about putting the whole outfit together. I think the dress is beautiful though and it fits you well.

I also think most brides doubt their dress at some point. I know I have but I think when the wedding day is here and you are walking down the aisle, it will feel right no matter what you are wearing.

In the end, only you know if you are going to love the dress on that day or not. Only you know how you feel. Do what you think is right for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP, i think once you "jack yourself up" as they say on say yes to the dress... you may feel better. I think you look gorgeous. I am also having a little dress regret, but i remind myself there is a reason i chose my dress and dont plan to get a new one.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • I think it is a beautiful dress, and you look very good in it. I also defintiely agree with what PP said, it's hard to feel awesome in a fancy dress when you aren't all dressed up yourself.

What is it about the dress that is causing you to rethink it? Is it missing something that you wished it had? If it's not something you can pinpoint then how do you know if it's really not what you want or just a general feeling of unrest.

I feel that way about my dress sometimes. It's got everything I want, but at times I feel like I should have gotten another dress. Then I realize that that's really just me being silly and self-concious because I just have this feeling that something is going to go wrong
  • I also think it looks great on you.  You have a great body and it shows it off without being too overdone.  I have to agree with PPs and say that maybe when you get all dolled up, you'll feel better about it.  But if you really don't like it anymore and can afford to get a new dress, then do that.  Just don't start looking again if it's not an option to get a new dress.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I think you look beautiful in it!  It fits your body wonderfully.  What don't you like about it?  I think you will feel better about it as the day approaches. 

• I love it! I too had second thoughts about my dress after buying it, but I think the closer you get to the day and the more decisions you make on the overall look you'l get excited! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's really flattering on you and love the fabric and colour.
    Anniversary
  • Seriously, you should relax.  This dress is beautiful.  And you're body is bangin' in it!!!
  • You look amazing in that dress!!!

I can understand being unsure, just because its, more than likely, the only peice of clothing you'll ever put this much thought and pressure into (not to mention cash).  Im having a dress freak out too, so i sympathize with you.  I totally agree with the PP as to get all of your stuff on  and see how you feel after that.

If you opt for getting something else, you know you still have a little bit of time, I wouldn't stress either way.

Again, though, AHHHH-mazing in that dress!!!

my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your dress is gorgeous and  it fits your body perfectly!  Don't worry you'll feel different once your all "put together" :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Thanks ladies! I think my biggest problem is that it was between this dress and another one and I was so torn that day. I also tried the dress on twice by myself and it looked awful, and with all the stuff to wear underneath of it, it didn't fit. It really upset my for a while and I didn't even want to look at the dress.

This pictue was taken Easter night when my sister helped me try on the dress and we nixed the extra crinoline and it fit much better. Another thing is that I ONLY ever looked at David's Bridal because I feel in love with the picture of this dress. I'm just hoping it has that "wow" factor.

AND I need to stay off of Pinterest! I keep looking at dresses on there. But, in the end, I keep coming back to styles like mine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_honest-opinions-on-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:80338cc0-316a-4262-93a8-69e2bbb7fbcbPost:d5197c51-35a9-4931-91a1-82d4b877b4bb">Re: Honest opinions on wedding dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Firs of all, you are so pretty and cute that you are going to look fabulous in whatever dress you have. I think part of it is maybe like PP suggested about putting the whole outfit together. I think the dress is beautiful though and it fits you well. I also think most brides doubt their dress at some point. I know I have but I think when the wedding day is here and you are walking down the aisle, it will feel right no matter what you are wearing. In the end, only you know if you are going to love the dress on that day or not. Only you know how you feel. Do what you think is right for you.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! You are such a sweetheart!
  • I think your dress is super elegant and you look stunning in it! I agree with PPs that once you get some jewelry on, a veil (if you are wearing one), and your hair done you will look absolutely amazing! Trust that you made the right decision and stop looking at pics of other dresses. Hope that helps : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • you look gorgeous=)
  • Your dress is beautiful and looks great on you!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • I think you look stunning in the dress. It just seems to fit you perfectly. The color does go perfectly with your skin tone too! Like almost everyone else has said, "jack" yourself up, and that may resell you on how awesome you look!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love your dress. It fits you so well, and once you have everything on and your hair and makeup done you will be even more amazed. You have the "Wow" factor. You are a gorgeous girl, and a stunning bride. Your FI is going to be the luckiest guy on your wedding day. :)
    weddingpic
  • Your dress is very pretty, and you look Beautiful! 

I think we must all second guess ourselves a little bit on the dress we pick.  I bought my dress a month ago but kept it at the bridal shop since I will need some alterations.  I started having some doubts this week and made an appointment to go back in and put it on again.  I was glad I did because it put all my fears to rest. 

Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_honest-opinions-on-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:80338cc0-316a-4262-93a8-69e2bbb7fbcbPost:aecbdcd7-cec0-4cbb-bc54-9895254a9f24">Re: Honest opinions on wedding dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your dress. It fits you so well, and once you have everything on and your hair and makeup done you will be even more amazed. You have the "Wow" factor. You are a gorgeous girl, and a stunning bride. Your FI is going to be the luckiest guy on your wedding day. :)
    Posted by fishinflagrl[/QUOTE]

Thanks love!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards