Wedding Etiquette Forum

What's happenin' Eeners?

Who's around this evening? I just finished dinner. I spent most fo the weekend coughing so my abs and back are sore. I think it'll end up being an early night for me.

Re: What's happenin' Eeners?

• I spent the past 2 hours updating my website, and am now eating dinner. Spaghetti bake casserole, it's delicious. H should be home soon, so for now I'm just watching TV and trying to occupy myself.

Early night for me too. I ended up on the couch because I was tossing and turning, and got maybe 3 hours of sleep.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Still at work.  Curse you east coasters!

(I'm only upset because I was in Miami this morning, woke up at 5:30am EST to try to get onto an early flight (standby), and made it, so I came in to work in California, but feel compelled to stay here until the end of the day.  <-- my MIL thinks I'm nuts and should go home.)
  • Hi.  I'm here for a couple minutes.  I am finally going back to WW tonight after basically completely ignoring it since H came home.  I had lost 16 pounds, and I'm guessing I probably gained 8 back at least.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm here, avoiding studying. I really shouldn't be, but once 6 or 7pm hits, it is really hard for me to focus on schoolwork.
  • DH just cooked me an amazing filet of beef and creamy mashed potatoes... It was so GOOD.

For himself he microwaved a frozen White Castle burger. Yep, that is what my 4 diamond chef likes to eat.  ::rolls eyes::

We are having a glass a wine together and a little later he is making milk shakes.  Then we will go to bed early because I have to be at work at 6am and has to go to the airport at 7am.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Lynda said milkshakes....  I want.  
    Photobucket
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Milkshakes? I'm jealous.

Why won't my avatar pic update?
  • mica178mica178 member
    Mkrup -- I love the new sig quote.  I have a feeling I missed a hugely dramatic weekend on E.

Oh, and sometimes there's a mild time delay after you change your avatar pic.  Give it a minute.
  • I'm here.  Just watching some TV.  Nothing special.  I'll take a milkshake, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• mkruparmkrupar member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Mica. I think it was this morning actually. "The Cash Debate" thread.

it wasn't truly epic. OP wanted to know how to tastefully tell her guests they want cash.

Most people gave the standard, "You can't tastefully do that, have a small registry, blah, blah, blah."

Then some new poster came on and went on about how she's putting a nice little poem in her invitations to let her guests know they want cash.

You know ones that basically come across as, "We hate to be crass, but we're really looking cash. So return your gift, we don't want that shiit."
  • Hey ladies!  I'm at work until 8:15pm so I'm here.  Just making calls.  Today was rough.  I had to have a really uncomfortable conversation with a coworker today.  Long story short is that something I said was completely misconstrued and told to someone else and that person e-mailed me really pissed off.  I'm new here and apparently not in the fold yet.  I was so upset last night I was crying and kind of cried a little bit in this guy's office today explaining myself.  Holy awkward.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • DH makes pretty good milkshakes if I say so myself. 

DH is packing right now.  The boy is only gone 3 days.  2 of which he is traveling pretty much all day.  You should see the suitcase he checking.  Now yes, has to check luggage, but no, he does not need that size suitcase all those clothes. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Ouch TR. I hope everything is worked out now.

DNB good luck with the weigh in!
  • MMM- Milkshakes. I was just saying we needed dessert. We had some wonderful fish tonight for dinner.
    I went back to work today since our HM/spring break. It was a rough day. I walked into my classroom and saw a dead rat in my trash can.
  • Oh no, TR. <3  Hope all is OK now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I think everything is going to be ok, but I'm certainly going to watch my back here because apparently anything you say can be repeated and twisted.
    ttc chart
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    EW, Dead rat Meg?
  • Yiikes, TR, that sounds sticky. :( I hate figuring out group dynamics when entering in a new setting. I am starting at a small corporation this summer and am kinda nervous about "fitting in".
  • Yes, dead for over a week in the trash. It was disgusting and my principal thinks that it "jumped" in the trash and couldn't get out.

TR- it's tough being the new guy and getting to know who you can talk to and not.
  • I'm here.

H went to lay down since he has to be at work tonight at 11pm. I told him I really wanted a milkshake from Sonic, but I guess I will  have to go and get it myself.
  • Yeah, I usually avoid joking around with people until I'm comfortable because I know I'm kind of sarcastic, but I guess I misread the "office dynamics" or something.  The guy was really cool about it and ended up giving me a hug and sending me a follow up e-mail saying he's glad I came to talk to him and the people involved are all really glad I'm part of the team and let's put it behind us, etc.  But I definitely won't be forgetting the lesson I learned today.
    ttc chart
  • mica178mica178 member
    Welcome back, Meg!  I don't know if I've "seen" you since you went on your HM.

Lynda -- I want a milkshake now.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    I wish I cared about what my yard looked like. I hate yardwork and only do it when necessary. No flowers, no landscaping. It's pretty pathetic actually.
  • Krupar accussed me of being a "hater", which I thought was really shitty.I loathe the word "hater" in the first place. Completely inappropriate and rude.
  • I'm here, doing homework. Story of my life lately it seems
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:e682f835-0b71-4775-819b-f707edf505ba">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I usually avoid joking around with people until I'm comfortable because I know I'm kind of sarcastic, but I guess I misread the "office dynamics" or something.  The guy was really cool about it and ended up giving me a hug and sending me a follow up e-mail saying he's glad I came to talk to him and the people involved are all really glad I'm part of the team and let's put it behind us, etc.  But I definitely won't be forgetting the lesson I learned today.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way with my humor--I'm pretty sarcastic so I try to feel around first before showing my "true colors" with humor, or whatnot. Most of my previous workplaces have been pretty easy to transition with that kind of stuff but they have all been primarily customer interactive jobs, not a regular office job. This is my first job where I will have my own cubicle/desk, so I feel like the dynamics will be a lot different.
  • TR - I hope everything works out. I hate office/workplace drama & backstabbing.
  • This job is kind of sales-y and everyone is about the same age range (late 20's - mid-30's).  The group at this building is pretty tight knit and friendly, but apparently a little clique-y.
    ttc chart
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:d1e5c116-4337-4010-8eb7-ea2d65ab058a">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Krupar accussed me of being a "hater", which I thought was really shitty.I loathe the word "hater" in the first place. Completely inappropriate and rude.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't apologize in the thread. I should have said you dislike kids.

Sorry to offend.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:c384abc5-b8d9-4989-9800-2fbd3feb1f9c">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's happenin' Eeners? : Sorry I didn't apologize in the thread. I should have said you dislike kids. Sorry to offend.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]
    Thank you. I'm ok with you wording it that way. Apology accepted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards