Canada-Ontario

Wedding Bands/Rings

Hi everyone.

My finace and I are starting to look into wedding bands/rings and I was wondering where everyone got theirs. Did anyone find any really good (and inexpensive) online retailers? Or was it better to go into a store? I am just looking for a plain band and finace would want something with a bit of a design (but not too crazy).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Wedding Bands/Rings

• We checked out a lot of places - if you're looking for simple designs and plain bands, you  check out the Jewellery Exchange on Yonge Street, right in front of the Eaton Centre.  You may also want to check out People's jewellers and the more popular chains.  For simple bands, I've seen them as low as $99.  But definitely look around.   

I do recommended going into the store because you want to try on the ring to see how it looks on your hand.  You won't be able to tell that from shopping online.  If the price is that much cheaper online - find the model at a store to try it on.  Even try bringing a copy of the price - some stores will negotiate.
  • Thanks Jewel!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I had mine custom made.

There are a ton of jewellery stores in the mall so I'd just walk around and shop 'til you see something you like.  You'll probably get better service at an independent place though. If you're okay with online buying then www.BlueNile.ca is great.
  • Thanks naomikb. I will check out that online place you mentioned.
  • So will I!  It's always great to hear helpful hints like this - thanks!

• souptinsouptin member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_wedding-bandsrings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:bbef0848-3c8a-44ce-8c77-7b8b7073d026Post:8b5de674-11e0-48dd-8369-b4fda2e3e8f1">Re: Wedding Bands/Rings</a>:
    [QUOTE]We checked out a lot of places - if you're looking for simple designs and plain bands, you  <strong>check out the Jewellery Exchange on Yonge Street</strong>, right in front of the Eaton Centre.  You may also want to check out People's jewellers and the more popular chains.  For simple bands, I've seen them as low as $99.  But definitely look around.    I do recommended going into the store because you want to try on the ring to see how it looks on your hand.  You won't be able to tell that from shopping online.  If the price is that much cheaper online - find the model at a store to try it on.  Even try bringing a copy of the price - some stores will negotiate.
    Posted by Jewel224[/QUOTE]

We bought our rings here and got a great deal-We used the people right by the front doors. They were wonderful to deal with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used AAA Diamonds which is located on the same strip as Jewellery Exchange

1520-21 Dundas Sq, Toronto, ON M5B 1B7

They will also negotiate prices.
  • Thanks for the help guys i have been wondering where to look for rings in toronto!!
  • Thanks everyone! We will be heading out in a couple weeks. Looks like the best place to start is on Yonge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards